Author Topic: HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!  (Read 437 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« on: 2 March 2009, 04:29:09 AM »
So Ever since my brithday i been looking to get a HDTV. my price range is $400 or under. i want at least a 26 inch. I've seen some 32 inch TV's for $350 or less but when i went there they were sould out.

So i come here on Mayhem to ask for Help.

Does anyone know where i can get the best deal on an HDTV?

Also any recommendations on what brands to buy and not to buy would be a great help.

Offline Biohazared20

HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2 March 2009, 04:58:38 AM »
Well the only advice I can give is try to find yourself a Circuit City since the business is almost close there trying to sell are there stuff and I am sure you could find yourself a really good HDTV for a great price there

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 2 March 2009, 05:12:33 AM »
Well i went there and almost all of there stuff was already gone. they had some HDTV's but they weren't in my price range and all of them were the really big ones.

Offline JayDee

HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: 2 March 2009, 07:20:05 AM »
I think the only ones in your price range are the 720s cause last time I checked the 1080s were $1,000 and up :(

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: 2 March 2009, 08:28:23 AM »
I have a 32" Vizio HDTV and I must say it's pretty damn good for being one of the cheapest brands out there.  I'd look into Vizio brand HDTVs, high quality and low cost.

Offline Stuart444

HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: 2 March 2009, 09:19:58 AM »
there is nothing wrong with 720ps one, infact a 26 inch wont notice much of a difference with 1080ps (due to resolution size, **x720+ is 720 p (due to second number) and **x1080+ is a 1080p TV although the 720p ones usually have the ability to upscale to 1080i (i standing for interlaced)

if you need more info on any of this stuff or the terminology lol just use google, in any case try and get a good quality TV (i myself have a samsung ^_^ )

Offline Southy23

HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: 2 March 2009, 01:15:07 PM »
Well personally i got a 50 inch plasma HDTV from Sony bravia
it wasnt to badly priced but ur better off searching all your local electrical suppliers because prices are going up and down everywhere at the current market.

Offline rockingthedead

HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: 2 March 2009, 06:15:44 PM »
i like the mitsubishi brand a lot. my dad owns a 56'' 1080P DLP Projection screen TV, thing is beautiful.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: 2 March 2009, 11:56:02 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions guys but like i said i can only spend up to $400

Offline rockingthedead

HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: 3 March 2009, 12:08:39 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;23294
Thanks for all the suggestions guys but like i said i can only spend up to $400
If you can save up a bit more money, and wait a while, you might be able to find a really good deal that's a little above your price range. 400 dollars isn't a lot of room to breath.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: 3 March 2009, 12:10:02 AM »
Quote from: exloterum;23301
If you can save up a bit more money, and wait a while, you might be able to find a really good deal that's a little above your price range. 400 dollars isn't a lot of room to breath.

Well i don't even have the money. it's a birthday gift i can't just tell my mom to fork out more money.lol.

Offline rockingthedead

HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: 3 March 2009, 12:11:32 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;23302
Well i don't even have the money. it's a birthday gift i can't just tell my mom to fork out more money.lol.
Oh, well if that's your budget, you'd be better off getting a computer monitor that has hdmi, dvi and composite outputs.

Do you have a job?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001275

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001280
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: 3 March 2009, 12:47:44 AM »
Quote from: exloterum;23304
Oh, well if that's your budget, you'd be better off getting a computer monitor that has hdmi, dvi and composite outputs.

Do you have a job?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001275

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001280

Nope just waiting on some Calls from applications i put in.

but i was wondering that though. so you can use an HD computer monitor as a TV? I just wasn't sure if it would be the same and if it would have all the plug outlets.

Offline rockingthedead

HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: 3 March 2009, 02:03:04 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;23309

so you can use an HD computer monitor as a TV?
It's pretty cool, isn't it? All you need is the right output connections, the cables and you'll be able to switch modes like you would on a regular tv
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline JayDee

HDTV HELP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: 3 March 2009, 06:28:37 AM »
Actually I was reading somewhere that someone tried to use a HD monitor and it didn't turn out so well. I heard that when used with a computer everything looked crisp but when hooked up to a BD player, the quality lacked significantly.