Author Topic: Forum Reorganisation and Media  (Read 888 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Forum Reorganisation and Media
« on: 9 January 2009, 04:10:10 PM »
Changes

We have done a bit of reorganising to the forum and the following has changed:

The Wrestling Babes forum has moved to the World Wrestling Entertainment category, you can find it underneath the Pay-Per-View (PPV) forum.

There is no longer an Interactive category.

There is no longer a non-wrestling Youtube section, you are now allowed to post any non-wrestling Youtube (or similar) videos in the appropriate forum where the subject would be discussed.

There are now two sections for wrestling Youtube (or similar) videos - the first is for WWE videos only, and can be found as a sub-forum of the General WWE forum (called WWE Youtube). The second is for other wrestling videos (TNA, Indy's etc., but this also counts MMA) and can be found as a sub-forum of the Other Wrestling forum (called Other Wrestling Youtube).

How to post Media

To post media, first you should notice on the posting screen the two following images:

If you click on the first one, the following will show up in the box: [YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]
If you click on the second, the following will show up in the box: [YOUTUBEHD][/YOUTUBEHD]

Whichever one you wish to use obviously depends upon whether the Youtube video you want to show is high-definition or not.

Inside the chosen tag, you should put the video ID which you can find in the Youtube URL, which for example could be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t89jwnE4OJQ

The part I've highlighted in red is the video ID, and what you would need to put in the tags, so it would show as: [YOUTUBE]t89jwnE4OJQ[/YOUTUBE]

If you have a Youtube URL like the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSKU8SKURHg&feature=related

Then you would ignore the & symbol as well as the rest of the text after it, and still only use the part I've highlighted.

Using my first example would turn the video I mentioned into the following:

If however the video you want to show is not on Youtube, but another site, then your only option is to post the link to the page as we no longer allow HTML in posts.

Please note that if you previously posted a video on Youtube, you don't need to change it to the new format of posting as we have already gone through the posts and done so for you.

For those who have posted a video not on Youtube, we have also changed those to the new format (where possible).
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Forum Reorganisation and Media
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2009, 02:51:38 AM »
Update: Reputation system is now enabled.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.