Author Topic: WWE Mayhem Year End Awards!!!!  (Read 1569 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
WWE Mayhem Year End Awards!!!!
« on: 19 December 2008, 09:05:08 PM »
They're here! It's only a couple of weeks until the new year, and the perfect time to vote for our favorite mayhem moments of the year! So vote by replying in this thread. Voting will close on January 3rd.

WWE Mayhem Poster of the year
There have been many good posters over the year at WWEMayhem, but who contributed to the boards the most, consistently over the last 12 months? This one's for all the marbles, so make it count! No nominees, vote for who ever you want.

WWE Mayhem Rookie Poster of the year
Now this one might be a little harder since we were up and down a few times. But there were many new posters who made an impact over the course of 2008. Who deserves this award?

WWE Mayhem Staff Member of the Year
From Dale, to Awe, to Baz, to the S-Mods... Prax, Bele, Greiman. Who, as a staff member, contributed the most to Mayhem over the course of 2008? was it Bele's Graphics? Greiman's hotseat and games knowledge? Prax's e-fed and uber posting sprees? Dale and his love for Mickie? Awe and his initiatives to help rebuild Mayhem after the hacks? or Baz, our savior, for bringing us back, time and time again? YOU DECIDE! or maybe it was Lox :lol

The Ace Cannon Memorial Douchebag Award
Sorry Cannon, but the name was decided before we made up :P. I promise I won't vote for you though. Still, there were a few big douchebags over the course of the year. I won't cause any more sh*t by mentioning them by name here, so I'll let you guys decide :P.

Thread of the year
Oh yes sir there have been many good ones over the course of the year, but what was your favorite thread? what was the thread that you kept going back to every day, that kept you hooked, that you would bump months later just to look at it?

OMG!!! Moment of the year
What made you mark out on WWE mayhem this year? Was was the most defining moment on WWE mayhem this year? Whether it was a moment you'd like to forget or remember forever.
Was it Mayhem making it's return in late June?
Was it the TJ Churck battles of August-September-October?
Was it Mayhem's e-fed, Revolution~Pro, and the good and/or bad it caused?
Was it the Lox fiasco?
The hackings?
You decide!

So vote early! And please try to leave some reasons!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2008, 06:25:53 PM »
Adampro123, could easily get the Most Underrated Poster as well.

Honorable Mentions: Prax, J2M, and Pala!

If you mean members that joined DURING 2008 then that's everyone, right?

My vote goes to Prax

Honorable Mentions: Mick Clique, Adampro123, and The Shiz

Mick Clique, for obvious reasons.  He has been the most active and stable staff member this year, but just barely edging out my first honorable mention....

Honorable Mentions: Prax, Santa Awe, and bele_nine

Twi$ter, how could anyone BUT the hacker get this award?

Thread of the year
The Random Picture Thread, pumped with so many lulz you can only assume it'll die of a heart attack before it reaches the age of 50.

The Hackings
, it really ruined my day when I'd come on looking forward to checking out the new threads and get zipped to some page with really sketchy music.  I believe I actually said "Oh My god....." at least once when the page popped up.

Offline Dale

« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2008, 03:53:04 AM »
My vote is going to be quite alot different to others who vote as i'm going to do it slightly different. It would be easy to vote for Prax or Adam with they're huge postcounts and activity and I would be thoroughly shocked if either don't win, but the two people who I had to choose between was John Doe and Chappers. So they might not be the most active of guys, but they both contribute well to the forum and I enjoy reading both their posts.

Winner: John Doe

Easy one to decide. He's only been on the forum around 2 months, but he's become a vital member of the forum with his regular activity and postings.

Winner: notsoAngryCaz

Barry, simple as. I'd like to think I played a huge part in bringing Mayhem back, but if it wasn't for Baz actually putting it back up and continuing to fund it each month, we wouldn't be here now posting.

Winner: Baz

I don't have any problems with the guy, nor do I see us having any problems in the future (hopefully) but my vote would have to go to Cannon because of what happened during the fallout of the e-fed.

Winner / Loser: Cannon

Thread of the year

Winner: Mickie James Summerskin
Runner-Up: Prax's Revelation

This award will go to someone who has rejoined Mayhem and will all depend on whether or not he makes it here before the end of 08.

Winner: Carefree's Return :P

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2008, 07:04:08 AM »
This feels a bit weird to do since just about everyone's been at this incarnation of Mayhem longer than me, but I've had a wander around and will vote anyway :P

Not just from the post-count, but from the quality of posts too, my vote goes to...

Prax

As I said above, since I've not been back long it's a bit weird to vote for this, but I will do so anyway - and the person I would give this one to is.... AngryCaz

I'll take the lead from Dale on this one, it'd definitely have to be Baz, since as Dale said - if he didn't put this place back up and keep funding it, it wouldn't be here :)

Spammers (all those that have tried to sign up / spam in general)

Thread of the year
1,000,000 - The reason is simple - it's addictive (Y)

I'd have to say The Hackings - I just happened to think "I wonder what Mayhem is up to these days" one day, so visited to have a look, and obviously got the hacked page show up.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2008, 07:24:33 AM »
I don't know who I would go with here... Maybe Prax or Maybe Adampro123. Both are really great guys. Prax is somone who I have always thought was a great guy even after all the efed crap that went down. Then we have Adam who is a man after my own heart and a huge ROH fan. When all is said and done I go with Adam.. I would go Prax but he is already a mod so he doesn't need another award.

Winner: Adampro123

Hmmm.. AngryCaz.. Saw lots of good posts from him since my returen

Winner: AngryCaz

Prax... The guy loves mayhem.

Winner: Prax

Myself... I said alot of messed up thing to prax that night and I have a aplogized and me and Prax have talked since then and I am glad we have. He is an awesome dude and that is that.

Winner / Loser: Cannon aka ME!

Thread of the year

Winner: Awesome Kong pics thread

The day Tex came back to Mayhem.. After all he did get "shot".

Winner: Tex

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #5 on: 21 December 2008, 09:23:07 AM »
Adampr0123 .. Just because he posted like a mother****er lol

Well, I really can't think of anyone that's a rookie this year, because I only came back to posting myself in what, August? And even then I was usually only around the fed, so I'm going to vote for ... Adam again I guess.

Prax he loves me ... I mean Mayhem ... yeah, Mayhem.

Ace Cannon, come on you named the damn thing after him, at least let him win it rofl.

Thread of the year
HOT: Diva Gone WILD!

ROFL, best idea ever Cannon!

Just because the hackings have so many votes, I'm voting for myself. Go TEX!

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 21 December 2008, 09:54:19 AM »
I liked Dale's unconventional thinking when voting for this, but I just gotta give it to Adam. Almost always on, posting in almost every section and always posting well, whether I agree with him or not. I would like him to contribute more now when we need him, but over the course of the year, he wins this:
Winner: Adampro123.

How can you not give it to Caz?
Winner: AngryCaz

I agree what we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Baz, but the truth is that Dale played a big part in bringing us back to, and he's here day-in and day-out either posting or doing behind the scenes work to make us better.
Winner: Dale

I'm not gonna give it to Cannon out of spite :P. There are many candidates... Twistser... the spammers, even Franchise (for me anyway haha), or even some current posters who I won't mention as to not start any more drama, but I have to give it to my biggest rival and biggest enemy... Mr. TJChurch.
Winner: TJChurch

Thread of the year
Some good ones here... 1,000,000, Would you do her?, If you were gay, the suicide thread... but i'm gonna go with good, old, reliable... TNA Sucks :P.
Winner: TNA Sucks

Gonnna go with Tex here. At least among the e-fed guys it was a pretty big deal that we brought him back considering what happened, and he actually came back and contributed (and hopefully can continue to do so). So tex gets my vote.
Winner: Tex's return

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #7 on: 21 December 2008, 12:39:24 PM »
I haven't been here for most of the year, but shall attempt to vote regardless.

I think my vote has to go to Adam here, I really enjoy reading his posts. Sometimes I disagree with what he says - but he seems to take all opinions on board (even if he then belittles them with his next post xD)

WeedMan420 - The man is just so cool.

The Praxinator - I would have voted Dale, but his obsession with transvestites has made me somewhat reclusive towards him.

I don't really know who to pick here, maybe Triple G.

Thread of the year
AWESOME

Honestly have no idea what to vote for here.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 21 December 2008, 11:20:13 PM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;20160
I haven't been here for most of the year, but shall attempt to vote regardless.

I think my vote has to go to Adam here, I really enjoy reading his posts. Sometimes I disagree with what he says - but he seems to take all opinions on board (even if he then belittles them with his next post xD)

WeedMan420 - The man is just so cool.

The Praxinator - I would have voted Dale, but his obsession with transvestites has made me somewhat reclusive towards him.

I don't really know who to pick here, maybe Triple G.

Thread of the year
AWESOME

Honestly have no idea what to vote for here.

I would have preferred PraxSeminator. I would have also accepted the Doctor of Cool :rock

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #9 on: 22 December 2008, 06:07:22 PM »
You'll get what you're given and LIKE IT. :@

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 23 December 2008, 02:21:28 AM »
First off i just want to ask when will we do the wresting voting/award thingy?

anyways here are my votes

Prax i don't really see how anyone including me could go over prax in this award. maybe if this was more of a TNA or indie forum i would get it but when i think WWEMayhem i think WWE and when i think WWE i think Prax.

AngryCaz. this is kind of hard because im not really sure who all joined this year. especially since i joined right around the end of last year so im not sure who had been here or not. plus if there was some great new posters they aren't consistently around. but im going with caz. he seems like a all around nice guy and a very good poster.

The reason im not picking prax here is because when it comes to staff its not about who is the best poster of them its who has done the most for the site. and by that i can't help but to pick baz. i mean this place has been hacked far too many times but we just keep coming back. so i gotta go with baz even if he doesn't post here if it wasn't for him there wouldn't be a mayhem...at least to my knowledge. we would probably all be posting on the little rev pro site or PWC.

Well definitely not cannon. he's awesome. i wish i could go with this guy named seal but he isn't here.lol but i'll go with twister. i mean he hacked us. how much more of a douche can you be?

Thread of the year
I guess i would go with my highly overlooked booking TNA Post BFG thread just because it would do a lot better than what TNa is doing now.

Booking TNA Post BFG - WWE Mayhem

I would say the TNA Sucks thread because it just brought in so many different points of view but didn't we start that last year? orrr... i dunno i remember voting for it sometime last year.

Probably the best return in wrestling forum history. WWE Mayhems return in june.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 23 December 2008, 02:26:18 PM »
Adam, there's a TNA sucks thread every year :P.
I bumped it the other day for this specific purpose. We started it in juy, I believe.

As for the other awards, I just have to stop being lazy but I'll get around to it.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #12 on: 23 December 2008, 04:25:34 PM »
Prax- Active, good posts everywhere, strong opinions

Angry Caz- Quickly become one of the biggest members

Mick Clique- Helpful, original, good posts, most welcoming staff member

TJ Church- Only person to get me the slightest bit annoyed on here

Thread of the year
1000,1000- No reason it's just pointless but pretty amusing

The hackings, that sucked. I was getting really into the old site and then it went and when it came back it took me ages to get back into it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 23 December 2008, 04:36:43 PM »
Quote from: John Doe;20271
Prax- Active, good posts everywhere, strong opinions

Angry Caz- Quickly become one of the biggest members

Mick Clique- Helpful, original, good posts, most welcoming staff member

TJ Church- Only person to get me the slightest bit annoyed on here

Thread of the year
1000,1000- No reason it's just pointless but pretty amusing

The hackings, that sucked. I was getting really into the old site and then it went and when it came back it took me ages to get back into it.

you're probably the guy who makes 1,000,000 have more views that posts, aren't you :curse

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #14 on: 23 December 2008, 04:46:47 PM »
Only looked at it once I just cracked up seeing everyone post there like robots and I don't  think thread of the year is an important award anyway seeing as pretty much every thread here is thread of the year potential so actually picking one would be near to impossible. I would just give the award as a joke because the whole forum is thread of the year.