Author Topic: The "Future Endeavors" Thread  (Read 21799 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: The "Future Endeavors" Thread
« Reply #375 on: 11 August 2012, 02:40:10 AM »
WWE announced Friday that they come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar A.W. as of today, August 10, 2012. "WWE wishes A.W. the best in all his future endeavors," the company noted. The terminated personality subsequently went on multi-post diatribe on Twitter ripping the organization:

AWPromotions is no more ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for your support and hate, it's been a great run. Now I get to do me which isn't PG!

@TitusONeilWWE & @DarrenYoungWWE thank you for allowing me to speak on your behalf. You guys are the best and I'm glad to call u my friends!

I've offended the wrong people that taught me how to have ATTITUDE It was the #WWE that made me bold and now it has turned it's back on me

Let this be a lesson to up and coming talent in the WWE don't try and be great like the Rock or Stone Cold. WWE isn't the same...

Just be normal shut up and be a yes man so you can collect your check and feel like your special. #SELLOUTS!!

I remember a time when the WWE didn't care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow. #RemeberTheFans

Thanks to the fans who showed me support over the whole Kobe thing and to those I upset I apologize again. Remember It's entertainment folks

I really do hope Linda wins that election because If not then all of this BS has been for nothing. #GoLinda!!

Twitter rant!

I'm not sure why they wait a week and a half after the Kobe thing and even feature the guy on every show up until then before firing him.

I didn't think he was anything special so no real loss. i wonder if Albert will be next. what he did seemed to be more offensive than what A.W. said... at least to me.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #376 on: 11 August 2012, 03:05:45 AM »
I like AW and personally didn't mind the Kobe joke, but it was just unnecessary. You can get over without making rape jokes, and using The Rock as a comparison is weak.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #377 on: 11 August 2012, 04:08:52 AM »
Really OTT as far as I'm concerned, he was one of the best parts of the current trite on offer. Double standards within WWE.
« Last Edit: 11 August 2012, 04:16:18 AM by chappers »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #378 on: 11 August 2012, 04:22:13 AM »
Really OTT as far as I'm concerned, he was one of the best parts of the current trite on offer. Double standards within WWE.

He made a rape joke on live national television. I don't recall anyone making a rape joke in WWE since Katie Vick. The Rock generally skirts a line but what he says usually only amounts to innuendo. I fail to see what the double standard is.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #379 on: 11 August 2012, 05:05:48 AM »
Saw this on my facebook feed. thought it was pretty funny.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #380 on: 11 August 2012, 09:28:13 AM »
I think Adam has pretty much owned that one :giggle

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #381 on: 11 August 2012, 02:23:42 PM »
For a moment I was thinking that it could be a fake firing as it doesn't include his real name in the announcement for some reason, but obviously that doesn't appear to be the case and he probably doesn't have enough popularity for a fake firing to make sense anyway.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #382 on: 11 August 2012, 09:34:02 PM »
The joke made no sense.  The Kobe sitaution was over 8 years ago, why bring up that in a rape joke now?  The whole comment seemed odd to me because they weren't even in Colorado or the Los Angeles area, why was he even thinking about that?  It's a toss up whether he deserved just a suspension or an outright release, but he deserved some sort of discipline.  The WWE gave him free reign on the microphone to enhance his tag team, but AW abused his power with a dumb comment.  If he doesn't continue to burn his bridges he will probably return in the future, but the WWE doesn't seem to have much use for out of ring talent anymore.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #383 on: 22 August 2012, 07:45:39 PM »
For those that don't have a FaceBook page:

I just want to say thank you to WWE, Inc. for allowing me to be part of an incredible entertainment experience. On Monday, I asked for my release and the company was gracious enough to grant my request.

I realized recently that being a Superstar means sacrificing certain things, including time with my family. As a new father, my heart broke every time I had to leave to go on the road. I didn't ever want to miss another moment with my daughter, so I made the decision to be a full time dad and hang up my boots.

I will miss everyone in the locker room tremendously as they have all become a second family to me. I want to thank my coaches and teachers that really helped me along the way: Fit Finlay, Arn Anderson, Edge, Christian, Kane, Jericho, Dr. Tom, Norman Smiley, and Billy Kidman.

I also want to thank my boys. You know who you are. Especially though, a huge thank you to Hawkins. You were like a brother to me the last year and I'll miss you and will always love you bro. I wish you the best and thanks for understanding that I had to go be a dad. When she's older, and able to realize what happened, I know Mia will thank you as well.

Thanks to all the dedicated fans of #ReksAndHawkins and to The #RekkingCrew. I would never have survived without you.

For anyone interested, I am currently the owner of an Internet Marketing Company that specializes in Search Engine Optimization, Pay-Per-Click, Website Design, and Reputation Management. You can find my company here:

http://www.localm2.com/

If you need any of our services, don't hesitate to contact me. And yes, there's even a cartoon on the multimedia page

I have more respect for him now. I respect his choice. It is good to see he is putting his family first.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #384 on: 22 August 2012, 08:56:13 PM »
It's a bummer that he's gone. as most people know ima big fan of Reks and a big fan of the team of Hawkins & Reks but you gotta understand where he's coming from.

I feel bad for Hawkins because it seemed like they were gonna start being used even if it was a male stripper gimmick. at least the team will go out with a win. I don't know if Hawkins will find a new partner or just do singles matches. i think Hawkins is also very talented on hos own it just depends on how WWE wants to use him if he is thrown in a team i could see him teaming with MM or Johnny Curtis who are kind of teaming now.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #385 on: 22 August 2012, 09:01:05 PM »
I respect him for nothing when to hang em up. Too many guys lose their entire lives with their kids for the business. Reks recognizes it's a job and that's smart. Gonna miss him though, he was just getting in a groove with Hawkins. Like adam said hopefully he doesn't suffer because of it. Turn him face and put him with Ryder again even.

Offline chappers

« Reply #386 on: 22 August 2012, 10:40:05 PM »
I agree with Prax, just do a Hawkins and Ryder team, I still don't get why Ryder isn't used when he's more over then most mid card faces. . And good luck to Reks and his family, doubt we'll probably see him again.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #387 on: 23 August 2012, 12:02:04 AM »
I agree with Prax, just do a Hawkins and Ryder team, I still don't get why Ryder isn't used when he's more over then most mid card faces. . And good luck to Reks and his family, doubt we'll probably see him again.

With Leather called Ryder the physical embodiment of the Anonymous GM podium. Seems really important, but is utterly useless and not used. It doesn't make any sense. His videos on youtube make WWE money, he has like 35 items of merch and everyone loves him, yet all he's ever used for is the occasional match where he doesn't even go over. It's ridiculous.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #388 on: 23 August 2012, 12:23:05 AM »
There's loads of guys you could put Hawkins with. Ryder, Gabriel, Kidd, McIntyre or even Swagger.
Good luck to Tyler Reks, I always enjoyed seeing him and thought they missed the boat with him. His decision is noble and respectful.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #389 on: 29 September 2012, 08:38:43 PM »
WWE.com: Kelly Kelly released from WWE

It makes sense as she had barely been around in the WWE for quite a while, but I never expected them to release her.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.