Author Topic: U.S. Basketball - Beijing Olympics  (Read 1203 times)

Offline 2Slick

U.S. Basketball - Beijing Olympics
« on: 14 August 2008, 02:50:32 AM »
What player on Greece is going to stop LeBron from getting to the rim, and Kobe from dishing it off to guys who are unstoppable at the rim?

If Team USA plays for real, instead of playing like it's Angola, Greece won't stand a chance.

By the way, if Team USA goes down early and they stay down until the fourth, you already know that Kobe, LeBron and Wade will take over the game. Nobody on any international squad can guard those three, one on one...and if two are on the court, two others are always open if they go zone.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2008, 02:54:27 AM »
Ya, just like Greece stood no chance at the world championships in 2006 right?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2008, 02:56:08 AM »
I think this will be USA toughest game so far... But I am predicting they win by atleast 15. I see the biggest threat in Spain with the big front court and tons of athleticism.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline 2Slick

« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2008, 03:12:15 AM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;13062
Ya, just like Greece stood no chance at the world championships in 2006 right?
To bring up the past years where these guys were all rookies and some of the players weren't even on this team is a joke.

USA by 20+.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2008, 03:23:30 AM »
Quote from: 2Slick;13065
To bring up the past years where these guys were all rookies and some of the players weren't even on this team is a joke.

USA by 20+.

It was 2 years ago... it's not like I'm saying Greece beat them 10 years ago. Two years isn't that long of a period and all the arguments you make for the United States could be made for Greece. Greece's team is 2 years older and some of the players are different too.

To pass off a team that's finished 2nd and 1st, respectively, in the last two world championships, as having no chance, when the US basketball team has done nothing for most of the decade, now that's a joke.

James and a lot of the main players were there in 2006.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2008, 03:34:45 AM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;13067
It was 2 years ago... it's not like I'm saying Greece beat them 10 years ago. Two years isn't that long of a period and all the arguments you make for the United States could be made for Greece. Greece's team is 2 years older and some of the players are different too.

To pass off a team that's finished 2nd and 1st, respectively, in the last two world championships, as having no chance, when the US basketball team has done nothing for most of the decade, now that's a joke.

James and a lot of the main players were there in 2006.

We did win a gold in 2000. Thats the year Vince Carter jumped the 7ft center for Australia... But USA will win by 10 to 15 pts and this will be there first real test of the olympics.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline 2Slick

« Reply #6 on: 15 August 2008, 01:32:56 AM »

Kobe and Bosh with 18, Wade with 17...but more importantly, all three played very, very, very good defense (and I have to include LeBron, also).

The last game versus Greece, they dropped 100+ on us.  It was only 69 today.  Huge improvement.

That Wade-to-Kobe oop was incredible.        

I told you that we would beat em by 20+. No one can stop us from getting our gold medal back to basketball country.                                          

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #7 on: 15 August 2008, 02:38:19 AM »
Quote from: 2Slick;13162

Kobe and Bosh with 18, Wade with 17...but more importantly, all three played very, very, very good defense (and I have to include LeBron, also).

The last game versus Greece, they dropped 100+ on us.  It was only 69 today.  Huge improvement.

That Wade-to-Kobe oop was incredible.        

I told you that we would beat em by 20+. No one can stop us from getting our gold medal back to basketball country.                                          

I want USA to get the medal. I remember in 1992 when I was like 6 yrs old watching The Dream Team with my step-dad and brother and just watching them dominate... Now here we are present day and the Redeem Team is dominating and is what makes it sweeter is Coach K bing the coach (I'm a Duke fan). But with all that said Spain is going to be a tough match-up for us... There a great team and they have depth and size what will give USA some issues. So we will see but Spain is going to be rough

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #8 on: 15 August 2008, 10:32:01 AM »
Why do the Olympics allow professionals to compete with amateurs? It's ridiculous and there is honestly no one I'd rather see lose than the US Basketball "Dream Team". Anytime they lose it's ****ing great not for me, but for the world of sport. And only Americans will disagree.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 15 August 2008, 07:22:46 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;13201
Why do the Olympics allow professionals to compete with amateurs? It's ridiculous and there is honestly no one I'd rather see lose than the US Basketball "Dream Team". Anytime they lose it's ****ing great not for me, but for the world of sport. And only Americans will disagree.

Wrong :P

It's not only American professionals that compete in olympic events. Hockey pros from all over the world compete in Olympic hockey, from Canada, the US, and everywhere in europe. Just because the NBA has more US players than anything doesn't mean it's unfair that they compete in the olympics. They're the best at their sport, and that in itself should be a main reaosn why they should be allowed to compete.

And don't let your unjustified hate for an entire country of people get in the way of that logic..

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2008, 11:13:48 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;13233
Just because the NBA has more US players than anything doesn't mean it's unfair that they compete in the olympics. They're the best at their sport, and that in itself should be a main reaosn why they should be allowed to compete.

And don't let your unjustified hate for an entire country of people get in the way of that logic..

A) The professionals make enough money as it ****ing is and stop those who cant make it to the top from ever getting there.

B) I don't hate USA. Far from it. But the things I dont like really piss me off.

Amateurs FTW!

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #11 on: 16 August 2008, 04:04:26 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;13201

Get your facts straight before you start having diaherrea of the mouth... Let's see Spain has 3 NBA players, Argentina has a couple that I know of, Germany has Dirk Nowitzki, China has two NBA players, Canada has Steve Nash. OHHH and lets talk about all the numerous European leagues and all the pro who compose the rest of the Olympic squads and it is also widely known that European basketball is catching the NBA....So keep talking but next time know some facts.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline 2Slick

USA vs. Spain (Basketball)
« Reply #12 on: 16 August 2008, 04:53:32 AM »
Day: Saturday, August 16th
Time: 10:15 AM EST

I'm more worried about Gasol and Calderon than I am Rubio. Gasol might eat our lunch, but he's going to have trouble getting down and dirty with Howard, also. Dwight just needs to play smarter, like Bosh (who is surprising me right now).

Kobe, Wade, LeBron...too much for Spain.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #13 on: 16 August 2008, 05:43:42 AM »
This is going to be our toughest game... Spain has alot of size up front which is something we lack alittle of... If Bosh and Howard play strong up front and the back court continues there suprene regin then we will coast to victory.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline 2Slick

« Reply #14 on: 16 August 2008, 06:10:49 PM »
GOLD MEDAL...who is left? NOBODY because they can't stop us. Our bench alone is ten 10x better than every other teams starting five.