1 (14.3%)
ew York Jets
0 (0%)
ampa Bay Buccaneers
0 (0%)
ther/Retire
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Brett Farve's destination?  (Read 811 times)

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Brett Farve's destination?
« on: 5 August 2008, 03:28:38 PM »
Where would you like to see Brett Favre land?

As a Vikings fan who really only has one question mark on the team, which happens to be at Quarterback, I'd love to see "the enemy" leave Green Bay and wear purple and gold.  He'd be a perfect fit and he knows it.  He has a few weapons to throw to and Adrian Peterson & Chester Taylor behind him.  The Vikings are probably around the 20th best offense in the league but Favre would shoot them to the top 10 no matter what.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 5 August 2008, 03:31:09 PM »
I'd like to see Favre off my TV set and favorite sports radio station already.  He needs to make a decision and stop being a pussy. David Letterman did a funny skit last night where they kept breaking away from the show for a "special report" to announce that Favre was coming in and out of retirement, lol.

It was pretty jokes but it's starting to get enough. He should've just accepted Green Bay's offer, cause it's just getting stupid.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #2 on: 5 August 2008, 06:03:56 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;11500
I'd like to see Favre off my TV set and favorite sports radio station already.  He needs to make a decision and stop being a pussy. David Letterman did a funny skit last night where they kept breaking away from the show for a "special report" to announce that Favre was coming in and out of retirement, lol.

It was pretty jokes but it's starting to get enough. He should've just accepted Green Bay's offer, cause it's just getting stupid.

Couldn't have agreed with you more on the subject Prax. I boycotted ESPN for 2 weeks already and that says ALOT coming from me with the big sports fanatic that I am.  They are going to be taping him in practice ffs.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #3 on: 5 August 2008, 06:47:16 PM »
His crybaby ass is staying in Green Bay.. They want to much for him.. I will tell you I am getting sick and tired of ESPN breaking in too things for Bret Favre news. It's annoying

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Big Ace

« Reply #4 on: 5 August 2008, 09:36:15 PM »
I wouldn't mind having him in New York (although I'm not a Jets fan).

Just kidding. That would bring even MORE media attention.

The Vikings are good where they're at. They've got great cornerbacks, and Adrian Peterson is the real deal. They're definitely a team on the rise, and even an old Brett Favre would be an upgrade from Tavaris Jackson, or whatever his name is.

Tampa could be a good situation, as he lives down South. I could see the Packers trading him if the media keeps getting on them about Favre.

Fact is, he ought to just compete for the Green Bay job and the media should just shut up and let him tryout. Although it sounds a bit ridiculous, we really won't know if Brett Favre will be as good as he used to be.

I can see why the media jumped on him though. There was nothing going on this weekend.

Amazing, on PTI, Tony Kornheiser predicted that Brett Favre would come back THE DAY he said he'd retire.

5 months later, he doesn't seem so crazy. I haven't even been watching PTI but he hasn't been on as of late. Looks like he's trying to prove a point.

Favre is gonna stay in Green Bay and they're going to hand him the job so the fans shut up. Do the Packers REALLY want to put that pressure on Rodgers? They BOOED HIM. At a SCRIMMAGE. It wasn't looking too good. You'd think after 20 years of Favre, they'd get tired but apparently not.

Well, he's back, and there's nothing we can do about it lol.

What pisses me off...is that all this took away the potential media that the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS should've gotten after spoiling what was the ''perfect season''.

Bullshit. The Boston media used the Celtics and Brett Favre to get over the pain of Tom Brady getting sacked, repetitively.

Typical Boston. **** THE RED SOX!

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #5 on: 5 August 2008, 10:13:45 PM »
I'd love to say DA BEARS, but I'll go with Jacksonville. Random pic tbh.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 5 August 2008, 10:13:51 PM »
I'm thinking he'll probably just end up staying i with the packers. i haven't heard any late news on him though. the whole situation is just ****ed up though. i see where the packers are coming from and i think brett should have just stayed retired.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #7 on: 5 August 2008, 10:32:07 PM »
Here is the worst part of this whole situation... The Packers offered Favre 25 million to stay retired! I know this isn't about the money or anything.... BUT DAMN! 25 million not to play... Favre could go coach high school football, he could go coach college ball at a small school... But to stay with the game he comes out of retirment to play. Give me a ****ing break... I mean seriously! Favre is overrated sure he has thrown the most TDs in the history of the game but he has also thrown the most ints. His style as a "gunslinger" has lost him just as many games as he has won!

His career has been overrated.. He has won only 1 superbowl in his career and up until last year everytime he has been to the playoffs since his superbowl victory he has been bounced in the first playoff game... So once again he is overrated and this time let add in selfish... It is Bret's world and we are all just living in it..... ESPN has taught us that

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #8 on: 5 August 2008, 11:07:29 PM »
I feel really bad for Aaron Rogers. After 3 years of sitting on the bench waiting for that moment for Brett to hang them up, he gets his starting spot only to have Brett come out of retirement demanding it back. The fact the fans are clearly on Brett's side hear puts that kid undersome ALOT of pressure.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #9 on: 6 August 2008, 03:05:25 PM »
Well rumor has it that the Bucs have made a solid offer to Green Bay and the Pack are looking to accept it sometime today.  Hard to see him having the same success in a warm climate personally.... especially with the Madden Curse looming.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #10 on: 7 August 2008, 05:50:16 AM »
Shame that none of you voted for the Jets because that's where he's goin!

GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Green Bay Packers have reached an agreement to trade quarterback Brett Favre to the New York Jets, the team announced late Wednesday night. Terms of the trade weren't immediately available.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Packers had been talking with the Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers since deciding earlier this week that the team and the three-time MVP couldn't co-exist. The Packers decided to move forward with Aaron Rodgers as their starter after Favre announced his retirement in March.

Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, confirmed the deal in a text message to The Associated Press late Wednesday night.

The agreement first was reported by Fox Sports on its Web site.

Wow I didn't think he would go to the Jets. Make sense that he didn't go to the Buccs. They have Jeff Garcia who is doing a great job and it wouldn't make sense to send Favre there because it would cause probs. I'm going to have to boycott EPSN for another two weeks because the press is going to eat him Alive. I was watching Sportscenter today and they freakin followed him to the airport.

So Who was that team that no one believed in that ruined the Patriots perfect season by beating them in the SB?
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 7 August 2008, 06:46:53 PM »
I thought the "poison pill" added to the deal was kind of sad.  The Packers are so afraid of the Vikings that they know adding Favre would have sealed the deal.  If the Jets trade Favre to the Vikes then the Jets will owe the Packers 3 first round picks.  I guess it's smart but I'm not sure why the Pack think they're gonna be competitive this season.  They'll be lucky to go 8-8.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #12 on: 7 August 2008, 06:50:39 PM »
Quote from: Rhymin' Greiman;11924
I thought the "poison pill" added to the deal was kind of sad.  The Packers are so afraid of the Vikings that they know adding Favre would have sealed the deal.  If the Jets trade Favre to the Vikes then the Jets will owe the Packers 3 first round picks.  I guess it's smart but I'm not sure why the Pack think they're gonna be competitive this season.  They'll be lucky to go 8-8.

The Packers have virtually the same team as last year except the QB starter is Aaron Rodger and not Bret Favre. Rodgers has had plenty of time to learn the system the last three years and when he came in for Brett Vs The Cowboys last year he looked pretty good and almost lead them to a comeback... I am going to say the Packers go 10-6 and get a wildcard playoff spot.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #13 on: 8 August 2008, 08:10:58 PM »
Sack Grossman and DA BEARS have got the division sown up now. :)

Bears and Vikings will be the two fighting for top spot now Favre is gone.