Author Topic: Baseball seasons starting  (Read 779 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Baseball seasons starting
« on: 4 April 2010, 10:35:25 PM »
this week!

I'm a braves fan and though baseball isn't my favorite sport and isn't the most exciting sport im still kind of pumped for the season to start.

anyone else excited? what teams do you root for? am i the only one here who likes baseball?lol.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #1 on: 4 April 2010, 11:18:39 PM »
Nope huge Yankees fan here...went to 4 games last year including the May 8 return of A-Rod where he hit the home run in his first at bat.  Don't call me a front runner since I live in NJ and have been going to games since 1992 where Don Mattingly hit two home runs against the American League Milwaukee Brewers.

I'm not as sold on this years team as I was last year because I think losing Matsui really weakens the batting order, but I'm not that impressed with the Red Sox line up either.  Tampa is hard to read since they are still so young so it should be a fun spring/summer.

Your Atlanta Braves seem to have a lot of hype this year with the rising star of Jason Heyward so that should be interesting.  I'm just glad someone was willing to take Melky Cabrera off the Yankees hands.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #2 on: 5 April 2010, 01:58:05 AM »
Granderson starts his career as a Yankee off great, whats funny is everyone was ripping on my for having a Granderson shirt.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #3 on: 5 April 2010, 03:17:42 AM »
Mariners fan here and pumped for this season.  Very excited to see if the new additions are good enough to win the AL West this season.  Sucks that Cliff Lee is out the first 2 weeks but I've said their main weakness is their depth at pitching and this could be a blessing in disguise with Cliffy out because someone will have to step up for him.

I agree the sport can be pretty boring at times, I think Daniel Tosh summed it up perfectly:

"Do we really need 162 games to find out that the Yankees bought the best team?  And god forbid you are unlucky enough to witness a perfect game.  Do you really want to spend 3 hours watching two grown men play catch?"

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #4 on: 5 April 2010, 06:07:46 AM »
Why is it so bad the Yankees spend money to win championship? From what I understand a sports team is still a business, and to succeed in business you need to win. Each year the Yankees take the money they make off tickets and reinvest that into the team, sure some of the contracts are huge but that's the price it takes to win championships.

Say a company makes a ton of money in 2009, would you rather that company reinvest it and make things in the company improved, or would you rather the owner pocket the money and make himself richer?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 5 April 2010, 02:06:56 PM »
Quote from: THE Lioncock;40188
Why is it so bad the Yankees spend money to win championship? From what I understand a sports team is still a business, and to succeed in business you need to win. Each year the Yankees take the money they make off tickets and reinvest that into the team, sure some of the contracts are huge but that's the price it takes to win championships.

Say a company makes a ton of money in 2009, would you rather that company reinvest it and make things in the company improved, or would you rather the owner pocket the money and make himself richer?

I agree with this. They're not doing anything wrong, based on the rules and guidelines provided to them by the league. BUT, I do believe that every major sport should have a cap and parity amongst most of its teams. So while I think it would be good for the league to change their rules, that doesn't make what the yankees do wrong.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Replay

« Reply #6 on: 5 April 2010, 05:27:35 PM »
I don't really pay a lot of attention to baseball but all I'm predicting for this season is for the Blue Jays ending up with 100 losses.

Giving away Halladay was a huge mistake and will cost them big time as they really have no pitchers that are all-star caliber and none that Ceto can rely on. Good luck Toronto, your gonna need it.
Go back to Toronto...
I\'m from Winnipeg you idiot!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 5 April 2010, 05:48:56 PM »
Quote from: PraxFan;40190
Quote from: THE Lioncock;40188

I agree with this. They're not doing anything wrong, based on the rules and guidelines provided to them by the league. BUT, I do believe that every major sport should have a cap and parity amongst most of its teams. So while I think it would be good for the league to change their rules, that doesn't make what the yankees do wrong.

Yeah this is what i was going to say, i think all teams should have a cap but im not mad at the yankees for spending what they have, i would rather a team try than not try.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 5 April 2010, 10:51:05 PM »
sorry to double post but Jason Heyward first MLB at bat he hits a 3 run home run. that's awesome :D

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #9 on: 6 April 2010, 01:55:36 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;40252
sorry to double post but Jason Heyward first MLB at bat he hits a 3 run home run. that's awesome :D

YESSIR! I am a Braves fan and him throwing the first pitch out to Hammerin' Hank was awesome... Great passing of the torch in a way. I am going to try and see Braves @ Nationals this year in DC. I have to see Bobby Cox and possibly Chipper's last seasons.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #10 on: 6 April 2010, 03:48:32 PM »
Yankees and the Braves are my two faves.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 2 June 2010, 09:32:56 PM »
Braves have gone 18-4 since may 10th and just got through sweeping the phillies and now have a 2.5 game lead on the Phills in the NL East and are just a half a game back of the Padres for the best record in the NL.

all this coming off of one of the the worst starts ever for the braves of 8-14 when they lost 9 straight.

but yeah needless to say im very very happy right now :D
Troy Glaus has come alive along with rookie jason hayward still being on a roll and Martin Prado having the most hits in the NL and 2nd in BA. And Chipper seems to be picking it up along with the pitching and that's with Jurjins on the DL.