Poll

Which name should Oklahoma City\'s NBA team go with?

arons
0 (0%)
ison
1 (16.7%)
nergy
1 (16.7%)
arshalls
0 (0%)
hunder
4 (66.7%)
ind
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: NBA: The Oklahoma City ????  (Read 724 times)

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
NBA: The Oklahoma City ????
« on: 27 July 2008, 12:50:48 AM »
OKLAHOMA CITY (TICKER)
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline B-Side

« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2008, 12:53:30 AM »
The Oklahoma city WIND LOL!

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2008, 01:16:41 AM »
All thoes names sound amatuer like... I have no idea who is in charge of marketing and team names there but who ever they are suck..... I was thinking about this a week or so ago and thought considering where they are a great name would be The Oklahoma Stampede.. Now off the subject it would be awesome if JR'S BBQ Sauce was a team sponsor! Imagine JR sitting courtside.... EPIC WIN!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2008, 01:30:19 AM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;9994
All thoes names sound amatuer like... I have no idea who is in charge of marketing and team names there but who ever they are suck..... I was thinking about this a week or so ago and thought considering where they are a great name would be The Oklahoma Stampede.. Now off the subject it would be awesome if JR'S BBQ Sauce was a team sponsor! Imagine JR sitting courtside.... EPIC WIN!

Stampede would of been a great name. I agree, these names do sound amature like. Except for the Wind. That sounds like a name that a WNBA team should have. I could imagine JR going off during the game. DURRANT! DURRANT! DURRANT!
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2008, 06:28:08 AM »
Added a poll.

If those were the only choices then I'd have to go with the Oklahoma City Thunder.  Its the only name that kind of rolls off your tongue.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2008, 06:57:51 AM »
Thunder is probably the best but i want a little something different so im going with energy.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2008, 12:14:28 AM »
I vote for  neither.... I am writing David Stern a letter and going to ask him to look into the names STAMPEDE... The Oklahoma Stampede is a sweet name and would work.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2008, 01:52:57 AM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;10134
I vote for  neither.... I am writing David Stern a letter and going to ask him to look into the names STAMPEDE... The Oklahoma Stampede is a sweet name and would work.

Remember, they have confirmed they will be called Oklahoma CITY, not just the state, but the actual city.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2008, 02:15:31 AM »
Quote from: Rhymin' Greiman;10149
Remember, they have confirmed they will be called Oklahoma CITY, not just the state, but the actual city.

Still, OKLAHOMA CITY STAMPEDE still sounds better then all that garbage they have.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2008, 02:19:29 AM »
What about the Oklahoma City Bombers?  Too soon?