Author Topic: ROH Results for NYC  (Read 608 times)

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
ROH Results for NYC
« on: 3 August 2008, 04:33:14 AM »
ROH Death Before Dishonor VI
8/2/08 - New York, NY
Credit: ROH Message Forum

1. Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe defeated Jigsaw and Ruckus following the Springboard Doomsday Device.
2. Chris Hero defeated Delirious following a Roaring Elbow.
3. Eddie Edwards defeated Roderick Strong following a Quebrada.
4. NWA World Heavyweight Title Match: Brent Albright defeated Adam Pearce via submission with the Crowbar to become the NEW NWA World Heavyweight Champion.
5. Austin Aries defeated Jimmy Jacobs and The Necro Butcher when he pinned Jacobs following the 450 Splash.
Intermission
6. Naomichi Marufuji defeated Go Shiozaki following the Pole Shift.
7. Kevin Steen and El Generico defeated Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley when Steen made Sabin submit to the Sharpshooter.
8. ROH World Title Four Way Dance: Nigel McGuinness defeated Bryan Danielson, Tyler Black and Claudio Castagnoli to retain the ROH World Title.
a) Bryan Danielson eliminated Claudio Castagnoli.
b) Nigel McGuinness eliminated Bryan Danielson.
c) Nigel McGuinness eliminated Tyler Black.

Notes:
-The venue is apparently PACKED.
-The opener was said to be fun and a high-energy affair.
-Hero is now calling himself the "Knock Out Kid" and his match with Delirious was described as hard hitting, yet sort've stinky match. Hero looked off, apparently.
-The crowd was chanting "Player One" at Eddie Edwards, most likely due to his lack of gimmick/personality. Edwards won when Hero interfered and knocked out Strong, leading to a quebrada for the victory. The match was said to have been pretty good.
-Adam Pearce cut a promo, bringing out Brent Albright and starting their match. The crowd reportedly isn't too into it with lots of chants for Bobby Dempsey. As the match goes on, the crowd gets more into it. Albright was busted open and at one point, Sweeney tried to interfere with a steel chair but Roderick Strong ran out and kicked it into his face. Pearce put Albright in an STFU and got a ton of heat. Albright at one point locked in the Crowbar, but Pearce made the ropes. Albright tried something off the top rope but was shoved by Pearce, sending him crashing through the ringside table. The match is turning into a GREAT one with the crowd now fully into it. Albright eventually locks in the Crowbar one more time and Pearce submits for the title change. The match was said to have been great with the crowd exploding for the finish.
-Jacobs and Necro came to the ring together and shook hands prompting a "BFF" chant from the crowd leading to the two hugging. At one point in the match, Necro went for a pin which Jimmy broke up and then he berated Necro and told him to do what he says. Necro eventually has enough of Jacobs, hits him with a chair and leaves the match leading to Aries hitting Jimmy with the 450 for the win.
-ROH returns to New York City on December 27th for Final Battle 2008.
-Back from intermission with Delirious calling Daizee Haze to the ring to ask her out on a date. This brings out Rhett Titus, who calls her used goods, and then in the greatest ****ing thing I've ever heard, takes off his pants to reveal new tights, with DAIZEE'S FACE ON THE BACK, Rick Rude-style. Delirious ran him off, but Haze turned him down on his date offer and then was turned on by the crowd for telling him no.
-The NOAH offer match was said to have started slow but picked up late in the bout.
-The semi-main event was reportedly a great match with a bunch of high flying moves performed.
-In the main event, Danielson eliminated Claudio, who then proceeded to turn heel by attacking Danielson and allowing him to be quickly eliminated by McGuinness.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
ROH Results for NYC
« Reply #1 on: 3 August 2008, 05:38:43 AM »
Damn that show sounds good. I said before that I found Rhett Titus to be annoying but him having tights with Daizee's face on it made me mark out lol. Poor Delirious. He should ask Cheerleader Melissa out and start a fued with Daizee and Rhett lol. Damn claudio attacked my boy :@
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
ROH Results for NYC
« Reply #2 on: 3 August 2008, 06:38:17 AM »
Claudio as a heel? This could get interesting.... Rhett Titus is the man... I'm getting tired of the Jacobs/Aries feud... Albright as NWA Champion is pretty cool... Steen and Generico Vs MCMG I wonder if it was as good as Aries and Danielson Vs McMG???? Ohh and I may be bias but from the way it sounds the show I was might have been the better show of the double shot this weekend!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!