Author Topic: The "Future Endeavors" Thread  (Read 57337 times)

Offline Dale

Re: The "Future Endeavors" Thread
« Reply #45 on: 20 January 2009, 12:35:57 AM »
Did Holly ever appear on TV after he dropped the title on the PPV? Wasn't there news going around aswell that he was apparently stealing shit from peoples bags or something like pills and stuff?

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #46 on: 20 January 2009, 06:39:46 PM »
Nope, don't think he did appear after that, would have been good to see an after story, but there would be no point picking up on that now. Silly really. Oh well, he's gone, can't say it's a huge loss imo.

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #47 on: 21 January 2009, 06:03:13 PM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;21566
Did Holly ever appear on TV after he dropped the title on the PPV? Wasn't there news going around aswell that he was apparently stealing shit from peoples bags or something like pills and stuff?

he never appeared on TV after that because he was wrestling with an injury as far as i remember so he took some time off to heal and has never been seen since.

im glad he is gone anyway he just isnt entertaining in the ring anyway

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #48 on: 23 January 2009, 09:30:19 AM »
The only thing people ever liked about Hardcore holly was that he could do an amazing dropkick. Wow....

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #49 on: 24 January 2009, 09:20:32 AM »
with no more holly that means there are no wrestlers left from alabama =[

Offline Dale

« Reply #50 on: 25 January 2009, 01:56:25 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;21642
with no more holly that means there are no wrestlers left from alabama =[

He sucked :P

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #51 on: 25 January 2009, 04:26:33 AM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;21672
He sucked :P

Well he was from alabama :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #52 on: 20 February 2009, 09:32:18 PM »
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/goldmanreleased

Bit of a random release, seemed like they were actually trying to do something with him to an extent. With the .com show and all...

Offline Dale

« Reply #53 on: 20 February 2009, 09:34:22 PM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;22464
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/goldmanreleased

Bit of a random release, seemed like they were actually trying to do something with him to an extent. With the .com show and all...

It's a shame that they dropped the ball with him as he could have been used really well in the WWE with his comedy character. What was the point in giving him the wwe.com spot then (N)

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #54 on: 22 February 2009, 01:41:41 AM »
Man, that sucks to see Goldman leave. He had loads of potential, but knowing the WWE they didn't take the right paths with him and gave him no time. Personally, I think he would have fit well on ECW before moving him to a brand like Raw or Smackdown. That's a bummer, cause I liked his WWE.com Show also.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Dale

« Reply #55 on: 22 February 2009, 02:56:39 AM »
Here's a little bit of news about COLT CABANA.

Following the recent slate of call-ups and firings, Goldman was said to be the closest to ready talent in developmental. But despite his talent, he had already been typecast by company officials. According to company sources, officials didn't believe that Goldman looked like a "TV star," hence his non-push in the promotion. It was also said that no matter how much personality you have, it's very difficult to break WWE's narrow viewpoint of what a TV star is supposed to look like. Goldman fit that outlook to a tee.

Additionally, the creative team was never high on Goldman, thus explaining why it took so long him for him to be called up to the main roster in the first place.

Pretty daft is this really. They've admitted he's talented in the ring and has an abundance of personality, hence the wwe.com show, the backstage announcer in FCW, the colour commentator in FCW yet he doesn't look like a TV Star? WTF is that shit seriously. I'm honestly pretty pissed off at the WWE because we know they like their comedy characters, Goldust, Boogey, Hornswoggle, Santino, Kizarny and Colt could have been a perfect fit. Sure he wasn't going to win world titles, or maybe any title at all, but he could have been a useful addition to the ECW roster. I can't help but feel that the WWE has dropped the ball with this one.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #56 on: 22 February 2009, 10:50:27 AM »
If he doesn't look like a TV star, what the hell does Manu look like.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #57 on: 22 February 2009, 12:34:29 PM »
Cabana just posted this on his MySpace, regarding his release;

SEEYA!!!!!
Yes. I was released by WWE.

There's only two things that are on my mind right now.

1) Move back to Chicago
2) Go to England and Professionally Wrestle Johnny Saint

There'll be a lot more to come, but for now, sit tight.

Goodbye Scotty Goldman.
Hello (again) Colt Cabana!

GOOD TIMES, GREAT MEMORIES!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #58 on: 22 February 2009, 12:56:33 PM »
Like i said in the other post it sucks for him financially but personally im really happy! the WWE never used him right and im just glad i can see him back as colt cabana weather it be in ROH or PWG or wherever his next stop is.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #59 on: 22 February 2009, 03:18:49 PM »
Quote from: chappers;22475
If he doesn't look like a TV star, what the hell does Manu look like.

And when was the last time you saw Manu on TV? :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.