Author Topic: Official WWE Network Discussion  (Read 14654 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: Official WWE Network Discussion
« Reply #15 on: 7 September 2012, 12:07:34 AM »
WZ has learned today that plans for the WWE Network have been put on hold indefinitely. At this point, the network hasn't a single deal signed with cable providers, and while WWE was considering making the network a pay channel, similar to HBO, internal studies have shown less than 100,000 homes would be willing to pay a monthly fee.

Additionally, WZ has learned through sources close to the head of the HR department and the VP of programming, that all hiring for the network has been frozen. In fact, we have been told any new hires that have been made for the network are in jeopardy of being terminated.

Initially, the launch was pushed to November 12th of this year, then to February of 2013, but as of this writing the network is not going forward at all. We've been told WWE failed to realize what a big onset and investment the network would be, and NBC Universal was going to sell WWE part of its Universal HD channel, but WWE balked and wanted its own network.

Now, with no infrastructure set up at all, we've been told a network would be virtually impossible to create in 6-12 months.

Very disappointing news.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #16 on: 7 September 2012, 04:39:31 AM »
Shit. I was really looking forward to it. I wish they never would have announced it until they got all the deals done.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #17 on: 7 September 2012, 05:57:14 AM »
I've been saying all along I had no idea who they were going to market this to.  Currently, with Raw attracting around 4-5 million viewers and PPV drawing a quarter million at best, the average rating for a non-live show on WWE Network would be edging on 0.  Additionally, no cable system was willing to pay for something that would have about 12 fresh hours of live programing a month and filler the rest of the time.  If they had went the HBO route with a subscription fee per month, I think the channel would have been a ghost town.  I don't think you can call the WWE fanbase white collar; so, a lot of people would find better things to use their money on.  The WWE would have to rely on key advertisers, something you don't see on subscription based channels.  I've been a die hard fan for well over a decade now and if I wanted to watch this channel I would have kept to finding a stream.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #18 on: 7 September 2012, 03:04:34 PM »
It wouldn't have done any worse than any other successful cable network. They had plenty of original content ready to go, as well as replays of Raw, SD, recent pay-per-views, airings of WWE DVDs that they do on pay-per-view anyway, old matches, and they could have thrown in there a couple of their shows that are either online (NXT) or on networks no one watches anyway (Superstars). If you think a cable network needs to average five million viewers, I'm not sure you know how cable works. Breaking Bad is considered one of the best shows of all time and they barely average 2.5 million viewers on a good week. What do you think AMC does the rest of the week for ratings? This would have worked, but people are prejudice against wrestling so they're not going to make it easy for WWE.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #19 on: 8 September 2012, 10:26:23 PM »
- PWInsider reports that there is no truth to the reports that came out this week stating WWE has put all plans and operations for the WWE Network on hold. Plans are proceeding for the network.

Apparently there have also been rumors that WWE may be producing content for the new NBC Sports network, formerly known as The Versus Channel. While this isn't outside of the realm of possibility because of WWE's relationship with NBC Universal, word is that there have been no discussions at all regarding WWE producing programming for NBC Sports.

I'll cross my fingers and hope this is true.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #20 on: 9 September 2012, 05:58:44 PM »
Sometimes I just feel like banning reporting from the dirt sheets around here lol

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 10 January 2014, 04:31:58 PM »
Quote from: WWE.com
STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 streaming network, will launch live in the U.S. on Monday, February 24, featuring all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events – including WrestleMania – valued at more than $600 per year for $9.99 per month with a 6-month commitment. WWE Network will also include groundbreaking original programming, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches and more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.
Fans can subscribe to WWE Network beginning at 9:00 a.m. ET on Monday, February 24, at WWE.com, and for a limited time will be offered a free one week trial. WWE Network, the first 24/7 network delivered directly to fans through over-the-top digital distribution, will be available on desktops and laptops via WWE.com. WWE Network will also be available through the WWE App on: Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices; Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy; iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone; Roku streaming devices; Sony PlayStation 3 and Sony PlayStation 4; and Xbox 360. Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer.

“Today is a historic day for WWE as we transform and reimagine how we deliver our premium live content and 24/7 programming directly to our fans around the world,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman & Chief Executive Officer. “WWE Network will provide transformative growth for our company and unprecedented value for our fans.”
WWE Network will also offer fans a revolutionary second screen experience for all original programming and live events via the WWE App, similar to the interactive fan experience currently available for flagship TV programs Raw and SmackDown.

WWE collaborated with MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) to build a powerful solution for delivering 24/7 WWE content to fans. MLBAM will provide its industry-leading technology services, including video streaming infrastructure, application development and operational support for reliable cross-platform distribution.
MLBAM has been at the forefront of streaming technology for more than a decade, powering its own live video subscription product since 2002. Last year, MLBAM managed live video content for more than 25,000 events, covering 80,000 hours of broadcast programming, across its sports and entertainment partners.

“We applaud WWE for this bold, timely and strategic move to fully optimize the power and potential of live entertainment,” said Bob Bowman, President and CEO, MLBAM. “We are proud to work with WWE to help provide its millions of loyal fans with unencumbered access to distinctive and engaging live content across the devices they use most.”

WWE Network is scheduled to launch in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Nordics by the end of 2014/early 2015.

Programming Highlights
WWE Network will officially launch with the live Monday Night Raw Post-Show on Monday, February 24, at 11:06 p.m. ET, and fans will instantly have access to the most comprehensive WWE video-on-demand library upon signing up. In addition to live Raw and SmackDown pre- and post-shows every week, new programming including a live studio show and additional on-demand content will be added in the future.
At launch, WWE Network will include:
All 12 Live Pay-Per-View Events
  • All 12 current WWE pay-per-view events – including WrestleMania – will be available to subscribers live, as well as on demand.
  • Live pay-per-view 30 minute pre- and post-shows.
Original Programming
Every Monday and Friday night, WWE Network will air 30 minute pre- and post-shows for WWE’s weekly cable programs Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown.

The Monday Night War — A series exploring the shocking real-life stories that fueled the mid-'90s rivalry between WWE and WCW. Battling for ratings dominance, WWE’s Vince McMahon and WCW’s Ted Turner engaged in a masterful game of one-upmanship, and in the process, elevated WWE Monday Night Raw and WCW Monday Nitro to all new levels of pop-culture relevance.

WrestleMania Rewind — A comprehensive look back at the most groundbreaking matches and dramatic moments in WrestleMania history, including never-before-seen footage and in-depth interviews. 

WWE Countdown — A one-hour, groundbreaking, interactive, countdown series that puts the power squarely in viewers’ hands by giving the audience the chance to discuss and rank WWE’s most spectacular Superstars, unexpected moments, best catch phrases and more through digital polling and social media interaction.

Coming in April: WWE Legends House — WWE’s greatest Legends reunite for a new title – only this time, they’re competing outside of the ring. Imagine a beautiful house in the suburbs – perfectly furnished, with gorgeous landscaping, a lovely pool and quiet, respectable neighbors. WWE Superstars from the past including "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Tony Atlas and "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan will turn the neighborhood upside down as the house staff tries their best to keep these Legends on time, on speaking terms, and out of trouble in this new reality show.

WWE NXT — WWE Superstars and Divas of tomorrow face off every week on WWE NXT, a one-hour weekly show that features the brightest and best of WWE’s rising stars. WWE NXT showcases the Superstars and Divas from WWE’s Performance Center as well as appearances from WWE Superstars and Legends in an intimate setting. WWE NXT broadcasts from the state-of-the-art Full Sail LIVE venue on the Full Sail University campus in Orlando, Florida.

WWE Superstars — A one-hour weekly show highlighting the best of WWE Superstars and Divas in heart-pounding matches. Features highlights from all WWE programming, as well as a special glimpse at everything going on in the WWE Universe.

Video On Demand
  • WWE Network will offer all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views as well as classic matches uncut and uncensored, encores of Raw, SmackDown and WWE Main Event totaling more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.
  • All episodes of original programming on WWE Network will be available on demand immediately after they premiere, allowing viewers to watch on their schedule.

This sounds like great news, but I would have thought that it would have made more sense to arrange things so that the launch would be a worldwide one, rather than US-only at first.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 31 October 2014, 04:24:44 PM »
WWE Network To Launch In UK On 3rd November; FREE for November - Wrestling Fusion | Wrestling News, Results, Rumours, Opinions, and Discussion

With how long it seemed to be delayed for the UK, I was thinking it was going to end up the same way as Canada - requiring a subscription from the cable/satellite operator.
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 3 November 2014, 09:30:47 PM »
WWE Delays UK Launch of WWE Network Until “Further Notice” - Wrestling Fusion

There will be a lot of angry people at them cutting it off so close to the launch, so hopefully it won't be for long.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 5 November 2014, 11:11:54 AM »
Vince McMahon Apologises to UK Fans for WWE Network Delay - Wrestling Fusion

The video still doesn't answer anything unfortunately.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: 5 January 2015, 08:28:38 AM »
WWE Announces WWE Network’s New Launch Date for UK & Ireland - Wrestling Fusion

It's about time, but it is still disappointing that no explanation has been given for the previous delay.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 29 January 2015, 04:04:10 PM »
WWE Network – Free For February - Wrestling Fusion

Good for the new UK subscribers to be given this too, as it would probably annoy many if they missed out on the offer by signing up as soon as it finally became available.
« Last Edit: 29 January 2015, 04:16:38 PM by Awesome »

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: 6 April 2015, 08:34:55 PM »
WWE has announced another free month promotion for the WWE Network, read on for details...

If you haven't subscribed to the WWE Network yet, here is another chance of trying it out for free.
« Last Edit: 6 April 2015, 08:56:07 PM by Awesome »

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 1 May 2015, 09:38:22 PM »
WWE are at it again, new subscribers get the WWE Network for free this month.

Yet another chance of trying it out for free if you haven't already subscribed.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: 1 June 2015, 07:18:41 PM »
WWE are at it again, new subscribers get the WWE Network for free this month.

And another chance of trying it out for free if you haven't already subscribed.