Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* RAW Thread for 2010/11/08 Taping Results  (Read 386 times)

Offline Dale

*OFFICIAL* RAW Thread for 2010/11/08 Taping Results
« on: 8 November 2010, 10:48:50 PM »
WWE Raw (Airing tonight on the USA Network):

* Michael Cole and Josh Mathews are on commentary, no Jerry Lawler

* John Cena comes out to open the show.  Wade Barrett comes out next and says he has to deal with The Nexus invading Smackdown last week.  Cena calls out Randy Orton.  The match between Orton and Barrett will be a submissions match. It's announced the show will be headlined by The Nexus vs. Team Orton with Cena as the referee.  The Raw General Manager will announce Team Orton later in the broadcast.

* The Bella Twins & Eve b . Alicia Fox, Maryse & Tamina  following a Brie and Nikki switch.  The Bella Twins and Eve were  wearing Manchester United merchandise while Maryse was wearing Liverpool  merchandise.

* Backstage segment featuring The Nexus.  David Otunga tells them if they want a leader he will show them a leader later tonight.

* The Hart Dynasty vs. The Uso's.  The Uso's pick up the win.  DH Smith tried to walk out and Natalya stopped him.  Tyson Kidd got knocked out of the ring and Smith ultimately was pinned for the loss.

* Backstage, Wade Barrett informs David Otunga he won't be on The Nexus against Team Orton tonight as he'll face John Cena.   Barrett says he is expected to give his all and he'll be telling Cena  the same thing.  Mathews does the "sign of the night" during a break.

* The Miz interrupts Randy Orton and says he is on Orton's team tonight and now they're awesome. Orton was in the middle of saying his team better be the best.

Old School Raw is promoted and a segment called "Tea Time with Sheamus" with Santino Marella is plugged for later.

* Goldust vs. Ted DiBiase.  During the match Aksana comes out and steals the Million Dollar Championship from Maryse.  As DiBiase is distracted, Goldust steals the victory.

* John Cena vs. David Otunga w/The Nexus.  Wade Barrett  and The Nexus leave before the match start.  Otunga runs out of the  ring and up the ramp after the bell rings but Cena chases him down and  takes him back to the ring.  Cena hit the 5 Knuckle Shuffle and the  Attitude Adjustment before making Otunga tap in the STF.  I'm told the  crowd was very anti-Cena.

* Backstage, Wade Barrett tells David Otunga he is going to give him a chance to redeem himself by letting him take The Nexus back to Smackdown.  Barrett tells him he will face Edge on this week's Smackdown but if he loses, he's out of The Nexus.

* "Team Time with Sheamus" featuring Santino Marella as guest.  There's a black mat down in the ring with a table and chairs with tea and crumpets on a table.  Santino and Vladimir Kozlov  come out dressed in smart suits and bowler hates.  Satino wants to make  peace with Sheamus with an old fashion tea party.  Sheamus comes out  and calls Kozlov a donkey.  Santino jokes on Sheamus, asking him if he  wants ginger tea or if he takes his tea with milk. Santino gives other  reasons why Sheamus is so angry.  He ends up spilling tea on Sheamus,  making Sheamus irate.  Sheamus tips over the table and goes after  Santino.  The Raw GM interrupts, emailing in that there will be a match right now.

* Sheamus vs. Santino Marella.  Santino spends the majority of the match running away from Sheamus.  He even goes into the crowd, causing the Raw GM  to email in saying if he doesn't work the match he will be suspended.   Santino gets back in the ring and attempts the cobra.  Sheamus counters  immediately but Santino gives Sheamus a low blow and is disqualified.   Santino celebrates but Sheamus gets up and takes Santino out.  John Morrison comes out for the save, sending Sheamus to the outside.

* Backstage, there is a segment with Wade Barrett and John Cena but it's nearly inaudible to the crowd because the sounds was very low.  However, Barrett reassured after Survivor Series Cena would be left alone.

* Randy Orton, R-Truth, Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan & The Miz vs. The Nexus.  Every member of The Nexus aside from Wade Barrett is take out.  David Otunga comes out and stands in the corner of The Nexus.  He tried to get in the match but John Cena (referee) wouldn't let him.  When everyone was down, Orton went for the RKO but Alex Riley grabbed him and The Miz  hit him with the Money in the Bank briefcase, costing his team the  match.  The Nexus stand at the top of the ramp after the bout  celebrating while Orton looks on to end the show.
Not sure what to make of these.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #1 on: 9 November 2010, 12:25:14 AM »
Barrett vs. Orton a submission match?

Montreal rehash number 7727272727272 on it's way.

Offline Dale

« Reply #2 on: 9 November 2010, 03:54:25 PM »
Had the typical taped vibe going about it and followed suit in another dissapointing raw.

The Nexus promos throughout the show were obvious highlights.

I'm ashamed in myself that I actually enjoyed the Tea Party Segment. Santino was OVER.

Main event was decent enough with an interesting little twist of Miz screwing Orton.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 9 November 2010, 08:25:21 PM »
The Tea party segment was the only part i really enjoyed, it stuck out in a pretty basic raw.

THD vs the Uso's was pretty good just to see them used on TV but nothing great.

It seems like if they were going to do a Bryan vs Regal feud it would have got started in the UK where Regal is massively over. but no Regal.

Also it really bothers me how they misuse Jackson, 1 week he's looking good and the next week he's not even on the show.

oh and miz turning on orton was interesting too.

but overall this raw was pretty bad and uninteresting IMO.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 9 November 2010, 09:10:43 PM »
Pretty bad RAW in my eyes.

Opening promo was really good, nice interaction going on and i can't help but enjoy the way Barrett talks to Cena, really funny stuff.

After that 3 pretty pointless matches, Divas match, Hart Dynasty vs The Uso's and Goldust vs Ted DiBiase. I'm surprised the Uso's are still a part of the company if I'm honest just because I haven't seen them for god knows how long. Fair enough it was a decent match, but it seemed like a Superstars match at the moment. Only thing that might lead into Survivor Series is Goldust vs Ted DiBiase, I wish they would just kill that feud off. Divas match was typical crap from the Divas, at least build up the Survivor Series match if they are going to feature.

Cena vs Otunga just seemed like a reason to have Cena in a match. The constant bitching from the crowd with "Cena sucks chants" really pisses me off. If I'm honest, considering the shit they probably just had to sit through, this was at least exciting because of it being a squash (although it was a bit annoying for that reason).

Tea Party with Sheamus and Santino seemed like the highlight for me, as Adam said "it stuck out in a pretty  basic RAW". Santino's jokes were really funny and it's looking more likely that we'll have a John Morrison vs Sheamus match. Don't mind is Santino is being the mouthpiece for Morrison at the moment, its just annoying because he is a bit of a joke. Found it hilarious when Cole commented on the Koslov chants lol

By the end of the show it seemed like they completely overkilled using Cena and Nexus. I found it somewhat dented my hype for the match at Survivor Series, just because they wouldn't shut the hell up about it. As for the main event, it was alright, Bryan probably stealing the match with some nice spots and I liked Miz turning on Orton at the end as well as Otunga getting involved to at least earn some respect back. Also like how Cena hasn't exactly shown who he is going to side for with both Orton and Barrett winning with some form of outside interference being involved. I felt like the tease with Miz could have been put off though as I can now just picture exactly what is going to happen at MitB: Barrett winning, Cena sticking to his word of kicking the crap out of Barrett, and then Miz cashing in after Cena is finished with Barrett.

I'm interested in knowing where they are going to go at Survivor Series as well. I can assume they might announce a Legends vs Nexus Survivor Series elimination match on next weeks RAW. Honestly, I REALLY don't want to see that.