Author Topic: WWE Slammy Awards 2008 + Raw Discussion  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
WWE Slammy Awards 2008 + Raw Discussion
« Reply #15 on: 3 December 2008, 03:50:40 PM »
The only 2 counter points that i have is for cena and edge

1st Edge.
Undertaker Beat Edge at the biggest PPV of the year. and not only that but he also ended up winning the feud.so wouldn't that make Undertaker go over edge? Also i just remembered undertaker was out for around 3 months...damn everyone was out for about 3 months.

2nd.Cena. Cena lost to orton at wrestlemania. Cena Lost at Backlash in the 4 way. Cena lost to Triple H at NOc. Cena Lost to JBL at GAB. Cena Lost to Batista at Summerslam.
The only PPV matches Cena won besides the rumble were against JBL or a DQ win against orton. that is of course up until now where he beat jericho and the voting might go to the BCS formula and whoever comes on the strongest in the end might win it.

With all that said i don't have a problem with either guy. i just wanted to make some counterpoints basically for fun.

I Still think Jericho should win it.

Offline Dale

« Reply #16 on: 3 December 2008, 04:37:40 PM »
WWE Diva of the Year
Nominees:Mickie James,

Beth Phoenix,

Michelle McCool,

Kelly Kelly

Match of the Year
Nominees: 2008 Royal Rumble Match,

Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 24,

Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania 24,

Undertaker vs. Edge Hell in a Cell Match at SummerSlam

In regards to superstar of the year, I would agree with what Adam said about Cena. Originally I was going to vote for Orton as Superstar of the year, but since the nominees have been announced, I would have to go with Jericho. 2 time WHC, Intercontinental champ, feud of the year. Pretty hard to see how anyone else could top that.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #17 on: 3 December 2008, 04:57:25 PM »
The match of the year picks are very disappointing. although i would pick flair vs hbk anyways. there are a lot of matches that should bu in there especially over the royal rumble.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #18 on: 3 December 2008, 06:07:39 PM »
ODDLY enough, I'm thinking of voting for Kelly Kelly as diva of the year. She's come leaps and bounds in the ring and actually seems to care, I suppose Beth Phoenix should get the award though. - Either one of them winning, I'd be happy with.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #19 on: 3 December 2008, 11:54:30 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;18922
The only 2 counter points that i have is for cena and edge

1st Edge.
Undertaker Beat Edge at the biggest PPV of the year. and not only that but he also ended up winning the feud.so wouldn't that make Undertaker go over edge? Also i just remembered undertaker was out for around 3 months...damn everyone was out for about 3 months.

2nd.Cena. Cena lost to orton at wrestlemania. Cena Lost at Backlash in the 4 way. Cena lost to Triple H at NOc. Cena Lost to JBL at GAB. Cena Lost to Batista at Summerslam.
The only PPV matches Cena won besides the rumble were against JBL or a DQ win against orton. that is of course up until now where he beat jericho and the voting might go to the BCS formula and whoever comes on the strongest in the end might win it.

With all that said i don't have a problem with either guy. i just wanted to make some counterpoints basically for fun.

I Still think Jericho should win it.

I agree that jericho should win, and I agree with you. i won't make any counterpoints because you just basically went against any traditional anti-Cena mark and admitted he doesn't win all the time :mdr:

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #20 on: 4 December 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
Batista's only one of the nominees because he probably threatened to resign if he wasn't. I'm not joking I actually think he would probably do that. Anyway anyone but Batista and Triple H for me.

Offline Dale

« Reply #21 on: 4 December 2008, 03:23:11 PM »
New Nominees Announced:

Couple Of The Year
Santino Marella & Beth Phoenix
Edge & Vickie Guerrero
William Regal & Layla
Finlay & Hornswoggle

OMG Moment Of The Year            
CM Punk cashes in Money In The Bank and becomes World Heavyweight Champion (Raw June 30)

Undertaker sends Edge to Hell (SummerSlam)

Floyd Mayweather punches Big Show and breaks his nose (No Way Out)

John Cena surprise return at the Royal Rumble (Royal Rumble)
As much as I hate the couple, I think it would have to be Edge & Vickie without a shadow of a doubt.

The OMG moments are pretty good to choose from and probably wouldn't be mad at any of them winning. Cena's surprise return was truly awesome as it really was a surprise especially with the news not being leaked to any news sites or anything, BUT, I personally would have to go with Punk cashing the MITB in and winning the WHC. You could see it coming slightly on the show, but it still took nothing away from it and for that, I would make it my winner.

I do think there could of been plenty of other OMG nominees though now that there's examples.

Jericho winning the scramble match, Jericho winning back the WHC in the cage match on Raw. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #22 on: 4 December 2008, 03:24:18 PM »
Edge and Vickie/ Cena's return are probably going to win - with good reason.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 4 December 2008, 03:53:46 PM »
^ Yeah th0se are my guesses. but for me its punk winning the world title and Santino and Beth actually. im changing my pick from earlier.

Offline Dale

« Reply #24 on: 4 December 2008, 07:43:07 PM »
More nominees:

Best Finishing Move
Randy Orton

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #25 on: 4 December 2008, 07:44:34 PM »
I swear to god, the gogoplata is getting renamed every month now.

for me, it's two very easy answers. The 'Air-Bourne' & Miz and Morrison.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #26 on: 4 December 2008, 07:49:01 PM »
Let me get this right: WWE picks the winners, not the fans?  If thats the case then this whole return of the Slammys is just plain stupid.  I'm sure all the picks will be very predictable.  If it were down to actual fan votes then I'd be much more interested in the results.

Offline Dale

« Reply #27 on: 4 December 2008, 07:51:17 PM »
Well there's been no details on how people can vote for the winners, so yeah, it appears as if the WWE will be choosing who gets what. Unless they have something big planned for it, I don't see why they couldn't do voting via the website for the winners because it would increase the monthly traffic to wwe.com

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #28 on: 4 December 2008, 07:54:18 PM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;19026
Well there's been no details on how people can vote for the winners, so yeah, it appears as if the WWE will be choosing who gets what. Unless they have something big planned for it, I don't see why they couldn't do voting via the website for the winners because it would increase the monthly traffic to wwe.com
I agree there fully.  It'd be like voting for the All-Star starters for other sports.  For some reason, even though my vote means little, that sort of thing has always been entertaining to me.  WWE could even have little video highlights regarding each superstar to help the fans make their choice.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #29 on: 4 December 2008, 08:17:12 PM »
I wouldn't mind being able to vote, but it probably wouldn't matter as WWE would end up picking the winners regardless - if somebody they didn't want to win did.