Author Topic: Kevin Nash & Christian Cage; To WWE? Details Inside  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Pala!

Kevin Nash & Christian Cage; To WWE? Details Inside
« on: 7 September 2008, 04:46:25 PM »
The feeling within TNA regarding Kevin Nash and Christian Cage is that there's a 50/50 chance of them re-signing. Their fate to remain with the company seems to rest solely on how bad WWE wants them.

Nash has hinted to TNA that WWE wants him to return in a short-term role as a bodyguard for Shawn Michaels to counteract Lance Cade. His preference is TNA because of the limited in-ring work he has to do and their schedule is more flexible compared to the full-time schedule he would work in WWE.

Christian Cage received heat when he departed from WWE, but one source said that it's "water under the bridge" within WWE. The feeling is that Christian will fit in perfect if he returns since his body type will now be accepted because of the lack of muscular physique in WWE due to the drug testing, which wasn't the case in the past despite his in good in-ring work and promos.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter                 

Although I like TNA, Christian back in WWE would be great. IF! they use him right. Nash, meh. TNA should try to keep Cage though.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #1 on: 7 September 2008, 04:55:46 PM »
Nash should retire.... Cage in WWE would be good. But as Pala said he needs to be used right... If he went to WWE he should be in the title hunt whatever brand he is on.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Pala!

« Reply #2 on: 7 September 2008, 05:06:47 PM »
Quote from: J.Cannon;15697
Nash should retire.... Cage in WWE would be good. But as Pala said he needs to be used right... If he went to WWE he should be in the title hunt whatever brand he is on.
Agreed. If WWE do sign Christian Cage, he should win the Royal Rumble. People may say that he can't just walk in and win it but the fact is that he done a lot for WWE in the past and deserves to main event a WrestleMania. Christian Vs. Edge; WWE Championship @ WrestleMania, dream match.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #3 on: 7 September 2008, 06:03:52 PM »
Nash am I the only one that thinks this would be a cool concept? Not only does it counteract Cade but it digs way back in the history books to when Shawn brought Nash in as Diesel. Sure he can't work the ring as well as he use to, and even then it was limited but if they used him as a bodyguard he could just use the odd couple of wrestling moves and the rest could be purely intimidation.

Christian Cage I would love to see him back in the WWE but right now it looks like TNA is trying to keep him by giving him the World Title match, so IMO what happens at Sacrifice will most likely decide what happens with Christian in the future, if he wins the title I think he will resign, if not he might go back to the WWE.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #4 on: 7 September 2008, 06:24:44 PM »
i think bringing Nash back for a SHORT run would be great, as long as they dont book him in matches.

all they have to do is book him as a bodyguard and have him work the mic and be in shawn corner durning matches and maybe the odd tag match against Cade and Jericho.

it would geta huge reaction if HBK was giving a promo and y2j comes out with cade to attack him and shawn say's "boys i thought this might happen so iv brought back an old friend of mine" disels music hits and nash walks down and clears the ring of y2j and cade then him and michaels embrace.

there is masive potentail here to further what is already the fued of the year.

as for Cage i agree with what has been said if they bring him back they need to futher what TNA have started and use him in the main event maybe even a title run and i love the idea of a face cage against a heel edge at maina for the title but they would have to bring cage back soon so they can build him up with a big push then and start the program with edge early to really make it great

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2008, 08:39:52 PM »
Christian Cage in WWE would be awesome but I love TNA as well so I'm not that bothered. Whatever happens I will still watch both shows. Jericho winning the title and Edge being a big shot these days is what is making me think that WWE would indeed use Cage right but he has built up a legacy in TNA so it would be a shame for him to go.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2008, 10:02:23 PM »
WWE can have Kevin Nash. He was gold for the PCS but his heart is not in TNA, his heart is in his contract as usual so he can Get-To-****.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 14 September 2008, 02:52:52 AM »
WWE doesn't need nash but it might be cool to see him run with Michaels if he didn't wrestle much. But meh, I'm on the fence about it, why not give the role to someone up-and-coming instead?

As for Cage, I have no doubt in my mind he'd be in the world title hunt when if he comes back. he was before he left and he will if he comes back. The potential feuds... Punk, Orton, jericho again even. Too good to pass up. WWE needs to get on this and offer him big time money.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

« Reply #8 on: 14 September 2008, 05:22:46 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;16263
As for Cage, I have no doubt in my mind he'd be in the world title hunt when if he comes back. he was before he left and he will if he comes back. The potential feuds... Punk, Orton, jericho again even. Too good to pass up. WWE needs to get on this and offer him big time money.

Also Cena and the biggest one for me, Edge which could quite easily be the feud of the year if they made it happen.

Damn I feel dirty for being in this section :closedeyes

Offline THK

« Reply #9 on: 14 September 2008, 06:26:50 PM »
HE should go to smackdown if he were to come back. Put one or 2 main eventers on Smackdown, take Nash and everything is golden.

Smackdown - Taker, Christian, Edge, Orton or Punk or Jericho (shall he lose the title...I really think Jericho should be on Smackdown)

Raw- JBL, Cena, Batista, Kane, Orton and Punk...dnt forget mysterio

Championships
(The first) World Champion - 9/8/08 - (current)

Record:
4-0

Next Match:
Yet to be determined.

Top Five history rankings
1st place - 1x (Sept. 10)
2nd place - 1x (Oct. 14)
3rd place - 2x (Aug. 21 & Sept. 1)

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #10 on: 14 September 2008, 07:02:06 PM »
Kevin Nash should come back to WWE and manage The Brian Kendrick.
Just think about how ****ing golden that would be.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 14 September 2008, 07:55:14 PM »
Quote from: THE Leonardo LunchBoX;16304
Kevin Nash should come back to WWE and manage The Brian Kendrick.
Just think about how ****ing golden that would be.

I think Kendrick is fine with Big Zeke.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #12 on: 14 September 2008, 07:58:32 PM »
Zeke doesn't have the presence or charisma that Nash has. And Nash is a name so it helps Kendrick that instead of some random dude teaming with him he has a former World Champion.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 14 September 2008, 08:20:55 PM »
Ya but you don't want the bodyguard to overshadow the wrestler... Zeke is cool because he helps Kendrick but the way they've been playing it it's as if Kendrick doesn't need him. Just look at Unforgiven. Kendrick got a pin without even having Zeke at ringside and he's been able to hold his own otherwise. Plus he has the charisma and he can generate the heat on his own as it is. Frankly he doesn't even really need Zeke in most cases. Putting him with Nash isn't going to help him.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2008, 02:08:38 AM »
Christian being back in the WWE would rule hardcore. Just thinking about all the possible feuds that could happen is making me so damn excited. I think the WWE should try there hardest and bring him back. The guy was way over when he left and he would be a great addition to the main event scene.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.