Author Topic: Penguins or Redwings?  (Read 894 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Penguins or Redwings?
« on: 12 June 2009, 01:11:39 AM »
Now i don't watch hockey but i think im gonna watch it Friday night beings its game 7 of the Stanley cup finals.

This match up seems like a big deal with detroit being hocky town USA (if im not mistaken) and pittsburg having sidney crosby who i think was supposed to be the lebron james of hocky. plus with all the hard times detroit has fallen on its gotta be really big for them and aren't they in detroit?

anyways the point is this seens like its as big as it gets it hocky, i may be wrong but what the hell i think it deserves it own thread.

So who do you pick and who are you for?

Penguins or Redwings

Offline Captain Carefree

• LARIATOOO!
Penguins or Redwings?
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2009, 01:19:33 AM »
Redwings because Dr. Cox on Scrubs supports them!

Logic.

[/U]

Offline Dale

Penguins or Redwings?
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2009, 01:26:29 AM »
Redwings sound gay, Penguins all the way!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Penguins or Redwings?
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2009, 01:27:58 AM »
Red Wings.

For those who don't know, this is the exact same stanley cup final as last year, And detroit totally outclassed Pittsburgh and won. And they've been the better team so far, even though it's been at least a tad closer. Pittsburgh can't win in their arena, but it'll be one hell of a game.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Penguins or Redwings?
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2009, 01:50:23 AM »
Well since Prax has informed us that Detroit won last year i will be rooting for the penguins just so it can make this more awesome of a rivalry and maybe it can get the NHL some more fans overall and who knows maybe i'll even become a fan.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
Penguins or Redwings?
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2009, 02:01:58 AM »
Gotta go with the Redwings, the team has been on top of the NHL leaderboard (or damn near it) for the last what, five or six years, simply because they are one of the best all around hockey teams in the world. They won the cup last year because of experience, and I think that same factor is going to be the key again this year.

Plus Crosby is a fucking bitch and I want to see him cry when the Penguins lose again :P

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Penguins or Redwings?
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2009, 02:15:22 AM »
The Wings have won 4 cups in the last 11 years, and have dominated the league in the regular season every year. This is the closest the league is going to get to a dynasty in a long time and I think it's good for the game. And like Tex said I'd love to see the sniveling baby Crosby cry :P

The only reason I'd root for pittsburgh though is to LOL at Marian Hossa. Last year he played for Pittsburgh when they made it to the finals. Then he switched teams via free agency to win a cup with Detroit, so it would be funny if he lost.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
Penguins or Redwings?
« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2009, 08:29:12 AM »
Penguins won it! :D

i didn't get to see all of the game due to power outage from a storm but i di catch all of the last period. i found myself rooting for detroit just so they could make it more interestinga nd then they did that so all and all it was a pretty good experience but right at the end there were so many penalties it just took a lot of the fun and excitement out of it for me.

in the end i think i know what my main problem with hockey is, the puck is too hard to keep up with and you cane barely see it, even on a HDTV. i say this because i like Hockey video games and the sport seems pretty fun its just hard for me to keep up with i guess...that and not enoough offense.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Penguins or Redwings?
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2009, 04:17:40 PM »
Well, even though I was cheering for Detroit I'm not disappointed that the Penguins won it. Most of the players on that team deserved to win, and the image of Crosby holding up the cup will be incredible for the league. Really is a picture that's worth a thousand words.

As for the game itself, I agree the penalties kind of dragged it, which is very annoying considering the refs put the whistles away for the rest of the series... and the game where it's most important to have a good flow, to try and draw fans in, they bring them back out. The league is fucking retarded like that sometimes.

But the last period was incredible. Detroit made a game out of it and up to the last minute you thought they were going to score. The save Fleury made in literally the last second against Detroit is one of the most incredible saves I've ever seen.

On a more specific note, I was very happy to see a local boy from Quebec, Maxime Talbot, shine in this game and get both goals, really a great performance on his part.

Hopefully the ratings for this game will be tremendous and the league can grow on them next season. And hopefully we'll have two different teams in the cup finals :P

Offline repo-man

• Why so Serious?
Penguins or Redwings?
« Reply #9 on: 14 June 2009, 12:06:09 AM »
LoL did anybody else here the guy from the Pens say "Fucking Right !!!!!" when he raised the cup :p

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Penguins or Redwings?
« Reply #10 on: 16 June 2009, 08:47:10 PM »
I'm quite late on this but I watched the game and I only got one thing to say...

That fuckin Talbolt :sneaky2
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.