Author Topic: *Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results From Orlando, Florida  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Dale

Smackdown (Airing Friday on SyFy):

* World Heavyweight Champion Christian comes out to open the show.  He cuts a promo about winning the World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rules.  This leads to Mark Henry, The Great Khali and Randy Orton coming out.  Teddy Long comes out and says he's going to leave it up to the fans to decide who Christian faces tonight.  The crowd goes with Christian vs. Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship.

* Backstage, The Great Khali is shown talking to Jinder Mahal.

* Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan.  Winner via Brogue Kick, Sheamus.

* Backstage, Layla is shown talking to other Divas.

* Cody Rhodes comes out with two guys wearing suits.  The two guys pass out the paper bags to fans in the front row.  Rhodes cuts a promo but doesn't work a match.

* Big Show vs. Ezekiel JacksonKane comes out during the match.  Jackson wins with a clothesline after outside interference from The Corre.  Kane was taken out prior to the finish.

* Layla b. Alicia FoxKharma makes her way down to the ring.  Fox is destroyed with an Implant Buster.

* Backstage, dissension with Ezekiel Jackson and The Corre continues.  A brawl erupts.

* Sin Cara vs. Tyson Kidd with Chavo Guerrero on commentary.  Cara goes over with the Spanish Fly he's been using.

* Backstage, Teddy Long discusses Christian vs. Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship later tonight.

* Randy Orton b. Christian to become the new World Heavyweight Champion.  I'm told the match was outstanding and the crowd went nuts when Orton won the belt.
Fuck you Vince, fuck you.

Offline narcolepsy

Re: *Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results From Orlando, Florida
« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
Can't say I didn't see this coming, as I predicted this right after the draft......Unlike most of the WWE universe, honestly I don't see Christian as a World Champion caliber guy, hes a scrawny guy who has developed no personality in the WWE other than riding on Edge's coattails the last few weeks.  I think it was a nice gesture for the WWE to actually let him win the belt at the PPV since they were almost booked into a corner with Edge's sudden retirement.  Clearly they weren't ready to give Alberto Del Rio the big opportunity yet, instead going with the nice moment between Edge and Christian at the PPV.  The WWE cut to the chase and instead of treating the WHC like a midcard belt with Christian over the next few months they stuck old, reliable Randy Orton with the belt to drag some viewers over from Raw.  This isn't to say I'm looking forward to Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry, but how do you expect Christian vs. Mark Henry to sell?  That's a European Title match.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #2 on: 4 May 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
Don't think I've ever been more disappointed with a booking decision, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like an idiot for thinking WWE would have any sort of belief in Christian.

I've seen people giving out all this "Christian will go heel now probably, he might get the belt back in the future, feud with Orton properly" bullshit. I don't care if Christian wins 12 World Championships, this run solidifies that he'll never be taken seriously again. The whole story of SD over the summer should have been Orton chasing the belt, Orton CHASING the belt would have been money. Now he's champion, what do we have to look forward to? Orton vs. Henry? Orton vs. Sheamus AGAIN? It's ridiculous.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 4 May 2011, 05:19:53 PM »
This is fucking stupid.
And I agree Christian vs Mark Henry would be a shit title feud but why involve Henry? Why not feud Christian vs Sheamus if they want a face vs heel.
This is FUCKING ridiculous.

Christian vs Sheamus would be a great main event- Orton could have feuded with Barrett. This is fucking stupid, boring predictable. Rhodes doesn't even get a match either?

Fuck this. Bad choice WWE, bad, bad choice.

Christian vs Sheamus or face vs face Christian/Orton heel feud would have been fine.

Nobody wants to see Orton vs Henry that is just fucking shit.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2011, 06:53:43 PM »
Other than Cara vs Kidd maybe and the actual match between Orton and Christian this show looks like utter shit. I don't mind that they would want to get the title on Orton quickly, but at least give Christian some fucking time to celebrate. Would it have killed them to wait three weeks and put this on PPV, giving Christian another great PPV match and a proper environment? To switch the title on taped TV out of nowhere, two days after he wins the title is fucking bullshit and everyone here knows it.

Christian CAN be a legitimate star. He clearly has the crowd's backing and he's not the biggest guy but he's not scrawny either. The guy just never gets a chance. Now he gets a two day courtesy run when they milked the kane run for everything it had, it's just slap in the face for a lot of fans, and I'm sure not just online. It's not a bad choice because the truth is Orton is the bigger draw and he was drafted to SD to carry the brand, but wtf problem was there with waiting three goddamn weeks?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 4 May 2011, 07:42:25 PM »
I agree with all of you. I'm not happy about this. Maybe they did it because they wanted to see both orton and cena with championships at the same time? maybe its to help ortons movie? or maybe for whatever reason they just don't like christian and never really have.

If anything this is just a really big slap in the face to christian, not only did he lose the title in his first defense 2 days after winning in but the way he won it wasn't clean and then we had cole shit all over his win pretty much saying he didn't deserve it.

I Unfortunately can not see christian winning it again unless there is a massive streak of injuries which we haven't had in a while.

Orton chasing the title through the summer and christian always retaining somehow and then turning into a cocky heel type guy would have set up an incredible summerslam match.

The rest of the show looks like shit. for one who would really wanna see kahli be in the world title picture? i don't mind him being on TV but not in the world title picture.

Daniel Bryan goes from jobbing to sheamus on Raw to jobbing to sheamus on SD.

Tyson Kidd goes from jobbing on Raw to Jobbing on SD and cara goes from beating jobbers on raw to beating jobbers on SD. then a eventual feud with chavo does not excite me.

Big show/Kane vs corre in some way yet again this week. so bored of it.

Cody rhodes cutting a promo but not directed towards anyone is pretty much pointless.

It seems like no one is benefitting from the draft besides randy orton and mark henry and Kahli.
we don't see Riley,Dibiase, Yoshitatsu, and both bryan and kidd make their first SD impression by being jobbers.

shit SD besides the main event match that will just piss me and a bunch of people off.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #6 on: 4 May 2011, 08:34:41 PM »
No real surprise about Christian. Vince doesn't think he's a World Champion, it was just a way to keep the belt on Smackdown.

Will be nice to see Alicia back in action, love Alicia trying to fight back. Show you aint afraid girl!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 5 May 2011, 05:36:10 AM »
Well, i wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Khali is in the world title scene. In fact i'd bet that he won't be at al.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #8 on: 5 May 2011, 07:40:23 AM »
Well i didn't mean he's in the world title scene but that he is actually benefitting from the draft cause on raw he was pretty much doing nothing and now h'es at least being featured and has his own little storyline with that new guy debuting.

Randy Orton posted the following messages on Twitter in response to angry fans:

"Biggest change from Raw to Smackdown...Ignorance x Jealousy + Spoilers = entertaining tweets!! Keep em coming!!"

"I'm def a fan of Capt Charisma. I always have great matches against him. I look forward to his rematch."

One fan said:

"I love how people think you screwed Christian in real life. Its a business. He'll get another rematch. Get over it people......."

And Orton responded with:

"well said"

In another exchange, a fan said:

"I don't think people are mad ur champ ur great we are angry cuz @Christian4Peeps is deserving and doesn't get a shot"

And Orton responded with:

"well I can understand that gripe. I was happy for him as well Sunday night. I made sure to congratulate him afterwards"

Not mad at Orton (unless he was the one getting in someones ear about it all which doesn't seem like the case here) and I'm glad he's acknowledging people about this even if he didn't seem to get why people are bitching until that one guy said so.

Credit: F4WOnline.com

- Dave Meltzer reports that people in WWE were "shocked" over how angry and emotional people got about Christian losing the World Title to Randy Orton which airs this Friday on Smackdown.

Well hopefully they will take notice and realize that a whole lot of people really want christian to have his run as champ.

Credit: F4WOnline.com

- According to Dave Meltzer, the original plan for Extreme Rules was for Alberto Del Rio to win the World Title and then lose it to Randy Orton on Smackdown two days later. The change was made to Christian either the day before or the morning of the show.

Looking at it like that im not sure what i would have preferred. Alberto getting a short reign as champion or Christian getting one. of course i would rather have a different outcome with christian having a longer title run but if it had to be one of those 2 things i think they made the better choice. at least we got one night.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #9 on: 5 May 2011, 12:45:45 PM »

Great finish, with the sunset flip attempt into an RKO.

As for the Orton tweets, Orton can't help how he's booked. Fans attacking him personally are ridiculous. I would have preferred Del Rio getting the short run, because that would have been a classic heel way to leave Smackdown.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 5 May 2011, 03:27:25 PM »
Well for starters, I don't think it's that Orton didn't get why people were angry, it's that they were personally attacking him about what happened. We used to hear that Orton was a douche and politicking and stuff but I think that's stopped in the last few years since he became a top guy. I haven't really hard of anyone hating orton backstage or anything, I know him and Cena are close friends and he sounds like he's a nice guy frankly and humble about his recent success. And just like Cena, Orton can't help it if they want to push him. It's just how it is and that's something fans need to realize.

It's really not about Orton winning, because I think he's been away from the title scene long enough and deserved another run, since he's the most over guy in the company, it's about the way he won and the way Christian lost. ADR would have been the much better choice, at least that way we wouldn't be teased with a Christian run.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #11 on: 6 May 2011, 02:36:24 PM »
Good show. Bryan and Sheamus got a competitive match, what a difference a change of scenery makes. The Corre kicking out Ezekiel was well done. Kharma looked good. Sin Cara/Tyson Kidd was really fun and Cara going into a feud with Chavo by the looks of it will be great for him, Chavo is fantastic when it comes to getting people solidified.

I've bitched enough about the main event of the last couple of days. It was a really good match and whilst I disagree with the finish, Orton as champion is good for business.

Offline Dale

« Reply #12 on: 6 May 2011, 08:12:25 PM »
So yeah, I thought this SmackDown was pretty fucking great. All the matches were really good and enjoyable (especially the end to Sheamus/Bryan) but that main event just took it over the edge.

Obviously i'm still pissed that he dropped it so soon, but I kind of feel a bit better about it after seeing the way the match panned out. I like the way that had Orton seem more humane and there was a great shot they did when Christian kicked out of something (DDT maybe?) and it zoomed in on his face and he was in disbelief. Really good back and forth match though and even though I don't know what they have planned over the next few weeks, I think it would played off great if this match happened on PPV instead.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #13 on: 8 May 2011, 05:02:37 PM »
If this makes Christian turn heel out of bitterness and feud with Orton that would be more acceptable but I still think this was completely unnecessary.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 8 May 2011, 05:27:06 PM »
Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus was a great match. better than any of their previous matches, shows what being on SD can do for you.

Cody Rhodes promo was pointless and a waste of time and waste of talent. anyone think he will feud with Ted Dibiase beings he worked as a face in the dark match on this SD?

Big Show vs Jackson was better than expected, Looks Like Jackson is out of the corre and will most likely be a face. i hope this spells the end of them feuding with big show and kane though and they just move on to something on raw....which judging by last week is almost the same exact storyline on SD but with Nexus and Ryan being the Jackson of mondays.

Also i loved hearing Heath Slater screaming "You aint' so bad zeke" or something like that.lol.

Divas i skipped.

Sin Cara vs Tyson Kidd i didn't enjoy. though i did like chavo on commentary. Sin Cara just isn't doing anything for me i don't get why he was such a big star in Mexico. I Really haven't seen why he's supposed to be so special. I wanna like the guy but i just can't find a reason....guess he has a nice finisher? everything else I've seen before and I've seen done better.

I hope Tyson Kidd won't be a jobber next week.

Orton vs Christian was good. Christian looked so disappointed after the match, I gotta hope this leads to him at least feuding with orton over the title for a couple of months and he doesn't get replaced with mark henry or great kahli.

I didn't think SD was  overall good. i think it will get better in time. im wanting for them to push the random mid card heel guy and have him break out like we had ziggler do 2 years ago and rhodes do this passed year.