Author Topic: NFL 2008-09 Season Official Discussion  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
NFL 2008-09 Season Official Discussion
« on: 19 July 2008, 06:53:09 PM »
The New NFL Season is just about a couple of months away so I thought I would get the ball rolling with some kind of discussion thread. Below are the Team by Team training camp previews.

AFC East

Buffalo Bills
Bills QB Trent Edwards is the unquestioned starter in Buffalo and much of training camp will be focused on his development.

Miami Dolphins
The dawn of the Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano era hits full flight as the Dolphins take a new approach to training camp.

New England Patriots
The Patriots are putting the disappointment of 2008 behind them, heading into camp with a focus on finishing the job they left incomplete last season.

New York Jets
The Jets have a lot of questions to answer during training camp. First up: who will be the team's starting quarterback?

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens
One of the main issues facing the Baltimore Ravens in training camp is to find out who will be the team's starting quarterback.

Cincinnati Bengals
The Chad Johnson saga will get most of the attention at Bengals' training camp, but they also have several other issues to address.

Cleveland Browns
The Cleveland Browns are set at most positions, but cornerback remains a major question mark heading into training camp.

Pittsburgh Steelers
The Steelers will keep a close eye on Willie Parker and Troy Polamalu to make sure that they are healthy for the season.

AFC South

Houston Texans
The Texans have a strong nucleus of players, but need to improve on the little things in order to take the next step.

Indianapolis Colts
With QB Peyton Manning and several other starters expected to sit out most of camp, practices will have a different feel.

Jacksonville Jaguars
For the first time, QB David Garrard is heading into training camp as the Jaguars' unquestioned starter.

Tennessee Titans
Vince Young will try to establish some chemistry with his new teammates as the Titans QB prepares for his third training camp.

AFC West

Denver Broncos
Selvin Young is currently leading the running back competition heading into the Denver Broncos' training camp. Will that last?

Kansas City Chiefs
The Chiefs are expected to give extended looks to Kolby Smith and rookie Jamaal Charles in camp, as they hold out Larry Johnson.

Oakland Raiders
JaMarcus Russell and Darren McFadden are a couple of top-5 draft picks that give the Raiders a lot of hope for the future.

San Diego Chargers
The Chargers have been knocking on the door in recent seasons, but the team heads to camp this year feeling like this is their best chance.

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys
There will be ample distractions at training camp, but the Cowboys will need to stay focused if they hope to meet expectations.

New York Giants
]The Giants have to solve several issues, including the Jeremy Shockey situation, as they enter training camp.

Philadelphia Eagles
The Philadelphia Eagles need for some of their players to take another step forward as they enter training camp.

Washington Redskins
New coach Jim Zorn has plenty to decipher at training camp as he figures out what his rookie class is capable of this season.

NFC North
Chicago Bears

The Chicago Bears have plenty of questions about their offense that they need to answer during training camp.

Detroit Lions
The Detroit Lions are installing an entirely new offense and the process will accelerate in training camp.

Green Bay Packers
The Brett Favre situation will loom over the Packers' training camp as a distraction until it gets resolved.

Minnesota Vikings
The Vikings made what they hope will be a few huge upgrades, but those players must get used to their new system in training camp.

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons
The Atlanta Falcons have holes all throughout their roster and they will be hard pressed to find solutions in camp.

Carolina Panthers
With Jake Delhomme returning from elbow surgery and several new skill players acquired, the Panthers have a lot of work to do in training camp.

New Orleans Saints
The Saints put significant resources into improving their defense and camp will be the time for those players to learn the system.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Bucs have a multitude of players at the skill positions on offense and training camp will be pivotal to find out each player's role.

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals
The quarterback battle between Matt Leinart and Kurt Warner will highlight the
Cardinals training camp this summer

San Francisco 49ers
Mike Martz is the 49ers fourth offensive coordintor in as many years. His first order of business will be to find a starting QB.

Seattle Seahawks
The Seahawks have ruled the NFC West for four years, is the rest of the division starting to catch up? Seattle will need to keep working in camp.

St. Louis Rams
St. Louis had a number of injuries on the offensive line. How it responds in training camp will be very telling on how the team fares.

How's is your team doing? What team do you think is going to have a breakout season? Which team do you think will disappoint? Use this thread to discuss.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2008, 06:56:44 PM »
Oakland to take it out!
Good thread should pick up some supporters
I hear adampro is a fan of NFL
should pick him up

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2008, 07:00:58 PM »
My team is Carolina. Last year was the worst season behind that 1-15 season they had a long time ago. I think we should be able to make the playoffs though with Jake being healthy. Hopefully he can stay that way through out the season which is something he's had trouble doing for the past couple of years.

I'm from Washington but I cannot stand the Seahawks. Their recent trips to the playoffs have been cheap with that sorry division they play in.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2008, 07:09:10 PM »
I support the San Diego Chargers, I guess. Nah, lol. My uncle went over to America earlier this year and got me a San Diego Chargers jersey with Ladianian Tomlinson on it. Have no clue who he is but I hear he is a Quarter Back. Anyway hopefully they have a good season, lol.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2008, 07:10:04 PM »
Quote from: J2M;8495
I support the San Diego Chargers, I guess. Nah, lol. My uncle went over to America earlier this year and got me a San Diego Chargers jersey with Ladianian Tomlinson on it. Have no clue who he is but I hear he is a Quarter Back. Anyway hopefully they have a good season, lol.

Good team and Player but he's a running back lol.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2008, 07:11:27 PM »
Lol, oh well I was told he was something back.

I heard they made finals last season, lol. Update me on how they went, I have no idea.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2008, 07:11:45 PM »
Quote from: J2M;8495
Thats pretty much the same as me actually
My dad had an old Raiders shirt that he gave to me. Ever since then when I flick on the tv and see them playing i might sit down and watch it through.
Im not a huge fan but i always love to see people get dropped and NFL is the best for it.

Offline WWEFANbOy

« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2008, 07:14:17 PM »
im going for...The Bills. I've liked the Bills ever since i was 2 and i have liked them ever since. Edwards does a good job as QB, but they should keep there focus on Mcgee and Lynch. They are two of the most important players on the team

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2008, 08:04:17 PM »
Giants are going to repeat. Strahan leaving isn't as big as the media made it out to be. We have Kiwanuka who can replace him or Tuck.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #9 on: 21 July 2008, 10:08:34 PM »
I hope my Chiefs do something this year.. I doubt they will because Brodie Croyle at quaterback isn't the answer....

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 21 July 2008, 10:34:06 PM »
I'm a huge colts fan. i would really like to see them come away with the superbowl win again. colts vs giants would be amazing. i can't wait for the season to get started,

as for a breakout team i think the vikings will have a great year, i like AP and there quarterback is from some alabama team i think. anyways that makes me atumatically like him.lol. but seriously tavarus jackson looks to be a good young QB maybe he will break out this year.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #11 on: 21 July 2008, 11:14:02 PM »
Redskins sign Jason Taylor and Giants trade Shockey for two draft picks.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #12 on: 22 July 2008, 12:23:48 AM »
Quote from: Ultramanits BLACK;8978
Redskins sign Jason Taylor and Giants trade Shockey for two draft picks.

Redskins traded two picks to Taylor aswell... The deal wouldn't have been done but they had two of there defensive ends go down for the season yesterday...So they had to do it. As far as Shockey going not a surprise.... Giants were tired of his shit and Kevin Boss came up big when Shockey went down last year.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #13 on: 22 July 2008, 01:06:03 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;8974
I'm a huge colts fan. i would really like to see them come away with the superbowl win again. colts vs giants would be amazing. i can't wait for the season to get started,

Yeah. I'm not a fan of either teams but seeing brother vs brother would be amazing. And the fact they both already have superbowl rings will make it even more amazing. I also agree with you on the breakout team too. The vikings had a solid season and if Peterson manages to stay healthy then the only thing they can do is progress.

I'm really....REALLY...sick of Brett Favres bitching and crying. Yes he has done alot for the franchise but it's kind of idiotic of him to think that the teams was just going to push him back to the starting line up just because he decided to come back while the team is in the midst of training camp and they already made it clear that Aaron Rogers is going t obe starting. Seriously, he needs to stop.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #14 on: 22 July 2008, 05:41:15 AM »
Yeah i agree like farve but he retired and he needs to stay that way. he isn't the victim but he is trying to act like it  or at least it seems that way in my eyes. he is the one who retired.