Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: August 13th, 2012  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: August 13th, 2012
« on: 13 August 2012, 05:32:41 PM »

While it remains to be seen whether Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman will try to steal the spotlight before SummerSlam, the WWE Universe can expect one legendary presence on Raw this Monday night that's sure to be a Showstopper.

WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will be in attendance at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, this Monday to support Triple H with his final preparations for The Game's impending clash with Brock Lesnar at the 25th Anniversary of SummerSlam. With tensions escalating between Brock Lesnar and the WWE COO prior to their SummerSlam showdown, what will happen when they are under the same roof, along with Triple H's corner man (and Texas' own) Shawn Michaels? Will this situation explode days prior to WWE's midsummer marquee event?

Also on Raw

This week, Raw kicks off with the WWE Champion, CM Punk, wrestling one of his Summerslam opponents, the Big Show. After the Big Show was left standing tall last week on Raw, Punk will be looking to swing the momentum back in his favour before Summerslam. Booker T took Alberto Del Rio's World Heavyweight Championship match away at Summerslam. Will we find out who will be Sheamus' opponent at Summerslam on Raw? Over the past few weeks, Chris Jericho and Dolph Ziggler have been involved in a heated rivalry. What will happen between these two charismatic superstars just six days before Summerslam?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: August 13th, 2012
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2012, 06:38:34 PM »
with just 6 days until SummerSlam and with Booker taking away Del Rio's title match im wondering what will be built for that and if Randy Orton will be thrown in since he doesn't have a storyline.

This is the first show post AW for PTP. Wondering how they will do on their own and how there push will go from here.

also wondering if they will go with Rey vs Miz or Christian vs Miz. I just hope they announce all the matches before the PPV.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
I watched most of the show on mute while doing other things and it was pretty enjoyable not having to listen to King and Cole. The show was decent but man that ending was weird as fuck. It's like they ran out of shit to do for like 10 minutes before they did the HBK angle, and then realized they still had another five minutes to kill. Bringing him out to the ring was the worst thing, they should have had the signing at the beginning, had like Heyman sign for Brock as his legal council or wtv and then teased Brock stalking HBK all night. Drop the Triple H plane trouble crap and have him be in meetings or whatever until the end. Also the tag match should have gone after the signing, at the very least, and you could have still done the angle after. As it was it looked like shit, as if they forgot to schedule the last 15 minutes of the show. I wonder how many people turned off their TVs during that crap.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2012, 07:59:41 PM »
I was thinking the same. I figure why not just have the contract signing at the 2nd hour main event, and the main event be the Punk/Cena vs Bryan/Show Tag match. then after the match cut away to HBK Leave and Brock attacks him then to end the show.

Overall Raw was okay at best.

Ziggler vs Jericho vs Miz was the best part of the night

Punk/Cena vs Show/Bryan was pretty good

Pipers pit was horrible as usual. I think Piper has legit lost his mind. it's real embarrassing to see him out there anymore. he doesn't connect with the crowed he gets no reaction from them and he doesn't seem to understand what's going on.

Sandow killed Christian. Makes me kind of feel bad for Christian who seem sto be in the Cody Rhodes spot for faces now. clay coming out for pretty much no reason other than to look at sandow was pretty dumb.

JTG could have made for some interesting stuff with his backstage segment... but then they just fed him to ryback and killed something that could have been good.

Slater vs Truth was weird. the worst out of nowhere ending i have seen in a while.

Sin Cara vs Albert is the worst of the worst. Cara Botched. Albert looked goofy. moving on.

Was surprised to see no Orton on the show. and also no Sheamus or DelRrio (other than tout) Also no Kane so no real build for Bryan vs Kane.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2012, 01:33:32 AM »
I've had a day of catching up with WWE, watched this episode a couple hours ago. Piper acted like a coked up mess, it was funny to laugh at how pathetic and pointless he was. I honestly wish he'd fuck off for like 3 or 4 years, no one gives enough of a shit to see him every couple of months. Having mentioned that, besides Piper, the segment was pretty damn good and had me hooked, first time in months. Jericho was hilarious as well and I'm now really digging his face turn, currently the best part of the show. He was good on Smackdown as well, but his little interaction with Vickie on RAW was golden, I was in stitches at it in fact. I just hope he stays after SummerSlam, he looks to be more happy with his current character and having fun with it. Even if he has a little hiatus for Fozzy commitments or whatever I wouldn't mind, but if he leaves completely, I'll be pissed.

Besides that, Punk, Lesnar and Heyman were all good. Otherwise, things just seemed predictable and a drag. The last twenty odd minutes was just pointless, they clearly ran out of things to write so just dragged out what should have been simple storytelling. They really need to just kill the 3 hour idea, its just not going to work on a regular basis, particularly when they don't use that time to greater effect.

Offline nend

« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2012, 04:13:45 AM »
I didn't read because I didn't want to hear the details, I still haven't watched it. I have to go to my mom's to watch Monday Night Raw. It is the only show I can't watch at home, well I can probably watch it but I will not because morally supporting these sites that upload these videos is wrong.