Author Topic: Joey Mercury Returning to WWE?  (Read 481 times)

Offline Pala!

Joey Mercury Returning to WWE?
« on: 24 August 2008, 09:45:27 PM »
The following was posed on another forum;

So last night I attended a show for MCW (Maryland Championship Wrestling) in Baltimore and Joey Matthews had a match on the card. Matthews is in a stable in MCW with Christian York (who he has teamed up with for years and they were even a team in the old ECW right before they were brought my WWE), a guy name Cobein (who I swear to you looks EXACTLY like Batista. I mean ring clothes and everything.), and there manager Kim. They are the top heels in the company. So right after Cobein had his debut match, Matthews and York hit the ring to cut a promo. Joey Matthews gets on the mic and talks about how much he hates this part of Baltimore and the fans and your typical heel stuff to draw heat from the crowd and blast his and York's opponents for the night. What was really interesting about the promo that shocked a lot of people (including myself) was that he said, he had talk to John Laurinaitis and he would be returning to WWE in December and Christian York would be coming with him. This would make sense because in the last few months, Joey Matthews has been getting in great shape and Christian York has bulked up into the best shape of his life also. They are a great heel tag team also. Also, York is there World Champion and they are building a program with him to lose the belt to Indy Superstar, Ruckus. So with all this being said, Joey Matthews could be returning to WWE in December OR it could have just been a work to draw heat from the crowd. Hopefully it is true because I do think they could be a good tag team for WWE.

Its just a rumor now, but we'll have to see what happens. Could be a load of BS, but you never know.