Author Topic: TNA sucks / Random Discussion  (Read 60608 times)

Offline firewall316

TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #45 on: 5 July 2008, 07:47:43 PM »
Sorry, but I have to disagree with a few things. First, TNA does suck. Second, It's not the complete opposite of WWE. I agree with you that the womens division is better in tna. But honestly, I don't care if they can wrestle. Thats not what they are there for as far as Im concerned. TNA has copied off of WWE a number of times. Not just the Shark boy SCSA gimmick. Black Muchismo, the promo for Booker T going to TNA. The Full Metal Mayhem match=TLC Match. King of the Mountain... hmm that sounds kinda like something on WWE. Abyss-Kane, Judas Messiah-Undertaker. TNA

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #46 on: 5 July 2008, 08:39:32 PM »
They are different in so many ways mainly the matches. Listing a few ripped off gimmicks does not make them a copycat brand. 2 gimmicks is nothing as far as I'm concerned when the whole show is completely different and unique.
Comparing Abyss and Judas to Kane and Undertaker is stupid, they are nothing alike and to say that you must have seen little of TNA. You do know that WWE's Kane isn't the only wrestler to have ever worn a mask don't you? Wrestling companies around the world have similar looking wrestlers, it's bound to happen, WWE don't own the wearing a mask look.
King of the Mountain? How is that similar to anything in WWE, I'm not the biggest fan of it but what is it ripping off?

Offline firewall316

« Reply #47 on: 7 July 2008, 01:08:09 AM »
It's not just the mask. It's the whole masked psycho character. And yea, honestly, I've probably only watched a total of..maybe 15 whole shows. I've given TNA many chances to prove that its worth watching. I've tried watching it, it just doesn't interest me. I now watch ECW more than TNA.

Offline WWEFANbOy

« Reply #48 on: 7 July 2008, 01:36:10 AM »
well, i watch TNA and i must admit, the only thing good in that is Team 3d and the Knockouts, they probably give the most

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #49 on: 7 July 2008, 06:48:34 PM »
Quote from: firewall316;5061
It's not just the mask. It's the whole masked psycho character. And yea, honestly, I've probably only watched a total of..maybe 15 whole shows. I've given TNA many chances to prove that its worth watching. I've tried watching it, it just doesn't interest me. I now watch ECW more than TNA.

Are you watching iMPACTs or PPVs? Given that I'm quite big on TNA product as a whole I can honestly say however that the weekly iMPACTs are total dire and only have 1 or 2 worthwhile moments of watching in them. If you don't watch the PPVs however I'd ask you to give them a try because that's what got me into TNA and has kept me an avid fan since.

Also, I'd recommend getting Global Impact (TNA v Japan) and I know you might not be keen on the Japanese influence of the show but it's a great show overall and your not going to find many better matches this year than Angle v Nagata.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #50 on: 7 July 2008, 06:55:32 PM »
I have seen a few PPVs from TNA. One I watched was decent. The other 3, were pretty boring. I was pretty disappointed in their premiere pay per view. It wasn't any more than the other pay per views. It didn't seem like a really big pay per view.

I heard the Global Impact was good, never saw it though. I might watch it, but I doubt it will change my opinion about TNA. I've tried watcing TNA, it just doesn't interest me. And at first I just didn't like it that much. Then I started hating it because of all the people that constantly trash WWE and say TNA is 50x better, when honestly, its crap. And a lot of people I know are realising it. They used to like it like 2 years ago. But they claim to be WWE alternative, and they really aren't any better. I agree they probably do have some better talent, but the show itself is plain crap in my opinion.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #51 on: 7 July 2008, 07:01:37 PM »
Quote from: firewall316;5230
I was pretty disappointed in their premiere pay per view. It wasn't any more than the other pay per views. It didn't seem like a really big pay per view.

The original plan was actually to have Jeff Jarrett defend the NWA Championship against Hulk Hogan. Hogan was injured however and plans changed to use Hardy instead.

Also if I remember correctly that event had a few good matches; Monsters Ball 1, AMW vs. XXX, Williams vs. Styles (Y), Hardy vs. Jarrett wasn't have bad either.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #52 on: 7 July 2008, 07:05:15 PM »
Umm, don't think I saw that one. I meant the last one they had with the Monsters Ball. When I said premiere ppv, thats what they kept saying, its their premiere ppv event or something. It was supposed to be like TNA's Wrestlemania.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #53 on: 7 July 2008, 07:28:14 PM »
Quote from: firewall316;5234
Umm, don't think I saw that one. I meant the last one they had with the Monsters Ball. When I said premiere ppv, thats what they kept saying, its their premiere ppv event or something. It was supposed to be like TNA's Wrestlemania.

Ah Bound For Glory? :huh

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #54 on: 7 July 2008, 07:58:01 PM »
TNA's PPV's aren't even that great anymore. There has been one match from TNA i have wanted to see all year.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #55 on: 7 July 2008, 08:24:15 PM »
Yea thats it, Bound for Glory. Was supposedly TNA's wrestlemania. Wasn't that great.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #56 on: 7 July 2008, 10:28:29 PM »
Quote from: firewall316;5243
Yea thats it, Bound for Glory. Was supposedly TNA's wrestlemania. Wasn't that great.

Well there is a massive difference between BFG and WM for obvious reasons. As far as TNA PPVs go it was one of the top PPVs of that year but not as good as Slammiversary in my opinion. TEN TNA PPVS I would recommend to non-TNA fans are;

• No Surrender 07
  • Slammiversary 07
  • Bound For Glory 07
  • Sacrifice 07
  • Genesis 07
  • Genesis 06
  • LockDown 06
  • Bound For Glory 06
  • Slammiversary 06
  • Turning Point 05

Offline firewall316

« Reply #57 on: 7 July 2008, 11:02:09 PM »
I think I saw the Slammiversary PPV. And thats the one good one I saw. Bound for glory was.. ok. I also saw No Surrender if that the one with Kurt Angle and all the titles. Thats wasn't very good in my opinion. And especially since everyone says TNA PPVs are so much better than WWE's and thats best thing about TNA. Its not that great in my opinion. I don't see how they are so much better that TNA is worth watching just because of great PPVs and shitty weekly shows. I've only watched about 3 shows since they went to 2 hours. In my opinion, they can't handle a 2 hours show. They can't keep me entertained for 2 hours. A one hour show I could watch sometimes. But they just tried to take a step up to be like WWE, but they can't do it. And if/when they ever move to Monday nights, I will be watching both shows. Just to watch the end of TNA.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #58 on: 8 July 2008, 12:20:08 AM »
Just to add my opinions to what john doe said. TNA isn't the opposite of the WWE anymore. TNA may have used to be with TNA being more about wrestling but now you have so many stories and gimmicks then it kind of surpasses WWE in a way.which isn't what they should be doing. With this said 1 thing i can say is i don't know how anyone can be bored with TNA usually. there fast paste and entertaining with almost everything.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #59 on: 8 July 2008, 01:39:47 AM »
When it was one hour it was fast paced and kind of entertaining. Now, its.. kinda fast paced and not very entertaining.