Linked Events

• WWE Monday Night Raw: 1000th Episode: 23 July 2012

Author Topic: *SUPER OFFICIAL* RAW 1000 Discussion  (Read 3290 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *SUPER OFFICIAL* RAW 1000 Discussion
« Reply #15 on: 23 July 2012, 09:36:36 PM »
Jerry Lawler: "At last count there are almost 30 superstars from these past 1,000 episodes that are going to be coming back and joining us for the 1,000th show."

WZ has confirmed that legendary rock band Green Day is in St. Louis staying at the WWE hotel.

It's unknown if they will be performing in any way or if they are guests of the company.

Looks like Paul Bearer and, believe it or not Tara a.k.a Victoria are in st. Louis. Wrestlezone has a longer list now:

Shawn Michaels
John Bradshaw Layfield
Sid Vicious
Roddy Piper
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Mick Foley
Bret Hart
Brock Lesnar
Paul Heyman
Jim Ross
Mean Gene Okerlund
Mae Young
Steve Blackman
Alicia Webb
Sean "X-Pac" Waltman
Diamond Dallas Page
Sgt. Slaughter
Jim Duggan
Vader
Road Warrior Animal
Slick
Billy Gunn
Bob Backlund
Road Dogg

Also, according to TV Line, this is the new logo:

« Last Edit: 23 July 2012, 09:39:34 PM by Big Johnny Praxinaitis »

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #16 on: 23 July 2012, 11:03:41 PM »
Green Day ¬_¬, really can't be bothered unless they fill in and play the entrance music live. Looking good though, I'm hyped for this show, think a lot of it is going to play out in a fairly obvious way.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #17 on: 24 July 2012, 05:01:49 AM »
Opening with DX was horrible to watch, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg saved it but hardly got any time to talk. Instead we get the usual HHH/HBK DX segment that was just cringeworthy. Sandow coming out was good, although his content is getting a bit formulaic, but I think part of this is down to the fact that they just have him come out each week and do the same thing, rather then giving him a proper feud; hopefully this will change with the Ryder feud.

Six man tag match was the usual six man tag match, pretty forgettable part and seemed to be loads of botches, although we got some build between jericho and ziggler; which makes me think that ziggler won't cash in for a little bit which is probably for the better. Sin Cara getting absolutely no reaction = Main Event match at Summerslam with Ryder on the pre-show.

Backstage segment with AJ was alright, Mae Youngs son was pretty funny.

Dude Love appearance was fun, Swagger getting a storyline out of his 3 year losing streak; progress.

The Wedding was alright, I found that Slick hilarious, could see AJ and D Bryan holding back from laughing as well, but I don't like the twist they threw into it. See the thing is I think AJ has a lot of talent, but she's had the past two months going over the top face and heel in the company, and now they are further shitting on Daniel Bryan with this, who hasn't had anything go his way for ages now. End of the day, she's a diva; not the headline of the show. I think it would have been a lot better to have AJ marry D Bryan and then Mr McMahon announce AJ as GM, even then though I would rather someone else was GM. Personally, I would give it to Slick or Mae Youngs son.

The three way promo with Rock, Punk and Bryan was good, I didn't mind Bryan getting shit on a bit here, but having it immediately after the wedding kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I think Punk refrained from laying into D Bryan a bit here, you could tell he was kind of pissed the Rock shit on him, but that's the Rock's tactic so didn't expect anything else, and the segment was somewhat enjoyable.

Also think its worth saying here that I think D Bryan is awesome, but they need to tone down the whole yes thing. What made him a great character wasn't the yes thing, it was the other stuff, I can see him getting bland if they continue with this.

Miz new Intercontinental Champion I guess is a good result since they weren't doing anything with Christian, however, Christian oozes way more talent then the Miz and will likely be dumped on the sides after this.

Triple H going over Lesnar was dumb, you have Lesnar away for a few years, comes back loses to Cena, goes away for three months, comes back, gets the surprise on HHH with his wife in the ring and should have got the cowardly upper hand assault and cemented his cowardly bully heel position. Instead he's bitched out to super haitch, cos we haven't seen that before. Plus I found Stephanie's promo unnecessarily self obsessed; even if she's fit.

Heath Slater segment was alright, but it was the kind of thing expected, personally thought Austin's music would hit here. Liked APA appearance as well.

The Rock teasing the winner tonight as his Rumble opponent makes everything else up to the Rumble pointless.

Undertaker return was good for the pop but the squash was pretty boring.

Punk vs Cena was going alright but I think the heel turn was executed poorly. The big change was to have your once badass character made to look more like a cowardly wimp and then just make a pathetic turn with no proper build. Poorly built and made no sense quite frankly, happened just as I was starting to get into the match. Whilst I think Punk has been bland for a few months, that has mostly been down to the way he has been booked, its shown that they are bored of his face character, since they can only write the same bland watered down face. Honestly, they are idiots to think that you can't make a cool face character in a PG environment. I'll probably enjoy Punk as a heel, since I have before, but I think this sets the tone that all faces have to be a goody two shoes that talks about his morals, losing any edginess a face could have as shown last year. Its been built for a while now, but this staples that fate which is more annoying. I expect Punk to hold the title until the Rumble now, which is a good 6 months away ¬_¬. Obviously done to keep him interesting in that allotted time, still think its a cowardly move. Only thing I will say is that I thought The Rock brought his game tonight.

All the social media stuff being shoved down our throats was fucking annoying, I think that could easily just drive me away from watching the show. Who gives a fuck about Tout as well, at least YouTube, Facebook and Twitter I can understand, but Tout is like the Lidl of social networking. Also didn't enjoy the washed out celebrities making appearances, Charlie Sheen's PG scripted views are just pointless and don't add anything. I think the whole show just lacked something different, everything more or less played out the same "legend comes out, squashes the current star". I'd rather they did something like Brothers of Destruction vs DX or something like that.

When the highlight of your wrestling show is Will from The Inbetweeners dressed in a hand costume, it hardly makes for a great advert for future 3 hour RAWs.
« Last Edit: 24 July 2012, 05:07:32 AM by chappers »

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #18 on: 24 July 2012, 05:23:48 AM »
So what did everyone think? did the show deliver in your eyes? I thought it was a pretty good show but wasn't amazing and honestly not as good as last week.

DX coming out and then introducing the rest of DX. Road Dogg, Billy Gunn and X-Pac was Awesome! highlight of the night in my eyes. i was marking like crazy for those 3 guys. I'm glad Chyna didn't come out with them. And im glad WWE finally acknowledges that they we a big part of DX. a bigger part than HBK In my opinion.

Sandown coming out there was a great rub for him. makes me think they have big plans for him. I been watching the late 80's WWF and WCW stuff and he really reminds me of The Genius which is a very good thing because i like both of them a lot.

Also X-Pac being fat was funny in its self.

6 man tag was okay. Sin Cara should have NOT been on this show. And then him and Rey teaming up didn't even seem that special because they had no interaction together. Dolph hitting Jericho was nice because it makes me believe they will have a match at summer slam which is what i want to see over Ziggler being in some match with Sheamus and Del Rio and Rey.

Brodus Clay vs Swagger was a waste. nothing new and mick foley should have been used in a much better way. Also I would have preferred Ryback vs Swagger again since i thought last week was each guys best segment

Daniel Bryan/AJ Wedding was a bit of a let down. AJ was announce as the GM by Vince but never really said why she didn't want to marry Bryan. It didn't make much sense and i don't like the move with AJ as GM i wanted to see something and someone a little more special than that and i wanted to see AJ and Bryan stay together.

Bryan/Punk/Rock stuff was all good. Glad Bryan got to have a moment with Rock. Looks like The Rock will win the WWE title at the Royal Rumble against either Punk or Cena...likely Punk and then will face Cena again at Mania.

Bret Hart coming out there slurring his words and looking like a bum was nothing great. Christian vs Miz was nothing great but i was glad to see Miz win the IC championship which makes him an official triple Crown winner and im glad Miz is back winning and i hope he continues to.

Heyman/Triple H/Stephani/Lesnar stuff was alright but wasn't that great honestly, seemed like they woulodn't Heyman hardly say a word which was probably the biggest issues with it. on the bright side Lesnar seems to be back in good shape.

Santino & Hornswoggle oming out to plug some toys? BOO.

Slater vs Lita with the APA and all the other Legends that have faced Slater was awesome.

Undertaker & Kane beating up Curt Hawkins, Tyler Reks, Drew Mcintyre and the rest of the jobbers was pretty good. Glad to see Taker but not glad to see him in such a small role. glad to see Drew, Hawkins & Reks on this episode too even if it was in a getting squashed effort

Cena vs Punk was okay but no where near as good as ANY of their previous matches have been an im talking pre MITB 2011 too. Big Show getting involved doesn't make any sense to me and it's a shame to see the MITB go to waste and the only time it not cash in for the title is because of a DQ.

After with Rock coming out there to help Cena and then Punk laying out Rock and pretty much turning heel that was good. and i guess a good way to end the show but i wasn't blown away by any of it. and nothing seemed like that huge of a deal like Nexus was or the original punk promo.

A few notes:

Charlie Sheen stuff was horrible throughout the night, he seemed like he couldn't even speak much.

All the shameless plugs of the CD's of singers and the toys and most notably the Sonic girl bringing slushie to King was horrible.

All the social media stuff with tout was shit.

All the little backstage segments was cool. Trish & Triple H and then AJ & Layla with Hacksaw, Piper & Truth and then Mae Young with her all grown up son... The Hand. I was dying to see Mark Henry show up on that part but sadly it didn't happen

I lied about the best part of the night. it wasn't DX... It was Sean Mooney!!!!!!! i loved seeing him back and i would love it if WWe hired him back full time to do interviews. I am a big fan of mooney because i grew up on him on the coliseum videos that he used to host

It was nice to see JR back but he only did 1 match which was shitty because we had to deal with King all night. Also no Booker at all on the show? Come on gotta get him on the show in some way.

Speaking of people that weren't on the show...

Cody Rhodes

Come on? I'm guessing Cody may be in the dog house. he was on superstars last week. didn't win MITB and hasn't really done anything since losing the IC title to Christian and wasn't on this show either in any way.

Otthers:
Ryback (Thought he might get to squash someone. would have been better than Clay)
R-Truth (Was on the show but not in a big role)
Kofi Kingston (I think i saw him in a tout video...)
Zack Ryder (was on the show but just not in a big role)
Great Kahli (Figured He's be in a backstage segment)
PTP (Okay with this)
Ted Dibiase (Heard he returned over the weekend to house shows, Thought he might do something with his dad on the show)
David Otunga (Figured he would be in a backstage segment)
Albert (This made me happy)
Antonio Cesaro (Not a shock but still)
and most of the Diva's too.

Overall it was a pretty gfood show but nothing too great on there...at least nothing that will mean anything going forward, though i am happy to see Punk turn heel maybe he won't be as stale now.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #19 on: 24 July 2012, 06:25:12 AM »
I'm not going to sit here and nitpick and bitch about most of the show. It was about nostalgia and we should have seen that coming. Nearly no wrestling on the show, only two legitimate matches and mostly just pandering and old guys. I liked a lot of the segments and it was generally fun. The big reveal was obviously Punk turning heel, but I felt it was kind of wasted. Not that it was poorly executed (kinda hard to claim that or that it doesn't make sense before seeing what he has to say about it, like the Big Show a few months ago), but just that it seemed lost in the shuffle with everything else going on, even with it closing the show. But it makes perfect sense, Punk's mad that he's always getting overshadowed by guys like The Rock, boom, heel turn. That's pretty much all there is to talk about here.

The only thing I'll defend is Charlie Sheen. I don't really see what the problem was with him and it seems like they're going to use him for some storyline with D-Bry which is fine by me.

So ya, not really an indication of how things are going to go. Should have said I'll give WWE 3 weeks lol

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #20 on: 24 July 2012, 04:49:15 PM »
WWE.com published a new article questioning whether or not CM Punk was justified in his actions at the end of Raw 1,000 tonight, and the article clarifies John Cena's Money in the Bank contract status by saying the following:

Punk watching Cena get punished by Big Show may be a little more puzzling. Cena became the first Superstar ever to cash in a Money in the Bank championship contract and not win a championship despite not losing the match. In fact, Cena won by disqualification when Big Show attacked him. Regardless of how the match ended, though, the fact of the matter is that Cena had one, and only one, opportunity to cash in and challenge for the WWE Championship. And now that opportunity is gone.

Officially, Cena is not due a WWE Championship rematch.

Honestly, I'd rather he kept it and faced Heel Punk instead of another match vs. Big Show.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #21 on: 24 July 2012, 04:53:01 PM »
Punk vs Cena at SummerSlam I'm cool with. Punk vs Cena vs Big Show? Not so much.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #22 on: 24 July 2012, 04:56:35 PM »
Punk can get a good match out of show though.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 24 July 2012, 05:20:49 PM »
Irrelevant.

Cena vs Punk interest me, A triple threat with Show thrown in doesn't. It doesn't matter if it can be good, it should be good regardless but do i want to see it? No.

Offline chappers

« Reply #24 on: 24 July 2012, 05:34:10 PM »
WWE.com published a new article questioning whether or not CM Punk was justified in his actions at the end of Raw 1,000 tonight, and the article clarifies John Cena's Money in the Bank contract status by saying the following:

Punk watching Cena get punished by Big Show may be a little more puzzling. Cena became the first Superstar ever to cash in a Money in the Bank championship contract and not win a championship despite not losing the match. In fact, Cena won by disqualification when Big Show attacked him. Regardless of how the match ended, though, the fact of the matter is that Cena had one, and only one, opportunity to cash in and challenge for the WWE Championship. And now that opportunity is gone.

Officially, Cena is not due a WWE Championship rematch.

Honestly, I'd rather he kept it and faced Heel Punk instead of another match vs. Big Show.
I would love them to go down the Chris Jericho vs Dean Malenko route for a couple weeks, have Punk taunt Cena, with AJ warming to him only for her to turn and book the match.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #25 on: 24 July 2012, 07:29:15 PM »
Irrelevant.

Cena vs Punk interest me, A triple threat with Show thrown in doesn't. It doesn't matter if it can be good, it should be good regardless but do i want to see it? No.

So, it doesn't matter if it's good or not because you've already made your decision about hating it. Nice.

Why Stone Cold wasn't there:

On July 23, 2012 WWE celebrated the 1,oooth episode of Monday Night Raw.  I watched the show from my home in Los Angeles.  After watching the show, I got on my Twitter account, @steveaustinBSR, to read responses to the show.  There were many people blaming Vince McMahon and the WWE for not having SCSA on the show.  And there were some folks who had some very negative things to say about me, personally.

The reason I did not attend RAW 1,000 was because I underwent a major knee surgery on my left knee on July 2, 2012.  Dr. Neal ElAttrache of the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, CA performed the surgery.

The surgery  was a complete success.  I am currently three weeks post op.  I began physical therapy a few days ago.  I had a world class surgeon and a great medical team working on me.  I am now working with a top notch PT team.  I am still on crutches and will probably lose the crutches in another week.  Then I will be in a custom knee brace much like the braces I wore in the ring for 9-12 weeks.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN IS A 100% ASS KICKING MACHINE.  There was no way I was going to limp down the ramp on crutches for RAW 1,000.  It was time to get my knee fixed.  The decision to no-show RAW 1,000 was made by me and no one else.  I have always taken pride in making my shots and have never faked an injury or illness.  Pro Wrestling is a tough game and it was time to pay the piper for some of the damage I incurred in the ring.  No gripes.  No complaints.

To the fans that were hoping to see SCSA, I’m sorry I missed the show.  I would have loved to be there under different circumstances.  I normally keep my personal business to myself, but due to feedback and incorrect speculation, I have posted this blog and given the 411 on why I was not at RAW 1,000.

I will post more blogs about my PT and recovery soon.

Of course, this begs the question of why he decided to do the surgery when he did. There are rumors floating that he was pissed at WWE for not plugging his new reality show or something, but that sounds like dirt sheet bs. Could be filming a new money, or, of coruse, doing it now so that he can heel in time for Mania? D:

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 25 July 2012, 12:41:35 AM »
Irrelevant.

So, it doesn't matter if it's good or not because you've already made your decision about hating it. Nice.

No don't get all butthurt about it.

This potential feud just doesn't interest me. and im not going to "Hate" it i have no clue where you get that from. Like i said it could be good but i don't think it will be anything better than just good and it just doesn't interest me and if i was thinking about ordering the PPV Cena vs Punk would make me want to but show vs Punk vs Cena would make me not want to.

Like for example there may be a video game. but it's just not one that i find interest in so i wouldn't prefer to play it over the one i do have interest in.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #27 on: 25 July 2012, 01:52:19 AM »
Butthurt? Someone needs to get their 4chan expressions straight.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 25 July 2012, 03:18:40 AM »
I'm not even sure what that is.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #29 on: 25 July 2012, 03:44:37 PM »
As we reported earlier today, preliminary data for the 1,000th episode of Monday Night Raw suggested the show's best viewership in recent years. We can now confirm this to be true, as the overall 3-hour television rating was a 3.84, with an average of just over 6 million viewers.

The first hour, featuring the advertised return of Degeneration X drew the lowest rating with a 3.48, which is a huge success considering the new early start time and last week's cumulative score of a 3.44.

The second hour contained the advertised return of Brock Lesnar, an Intercontinental Championship match, the return of the Rock and of course the wedding segment between Daniel Bryan and AJ. This drew a 3.95 and was the second highest score of the night.

The third and final hour showcased the highly anticipated WWE Championship match between John Cena and CM Punk, and garnered the highest rating of the night with a 4.09! These are easily the best numbers Monday Night Raw has done since the WrestleMania build-up in 2009, drawing over 1,000,000 new viewers since last week's Money in the Bank follow-up show.

Don't get used to it, Vince.