Author Topic: Big Show's Unsuccessful Return?  (Read 1249 times)

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Big Show's Unsuccessful Return?
« on: 13 July 2008, 06:18:34 AM »
So Big Show came back about five months ago now. And since then he's jobbed to Mayweather at 'Mania. Then he had his ONS match where he was made to look like a legit monster, before eventually seeing Mark Henry win the gold in the title match.

So really that's been a pretty poor return surely. But, what is there for him to do now?

He's pretty much lost on Smackdown but what can he do? Will he just be used as a SmackDown! main event jobber of sorts? Or can anyone actually see him winning the WWE Title at some point?

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline firewall316

« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2008, 06:23:32 AM »
Umm.. well Kane is on Raw right now. And Im pretty sure Big Show is supposed to be on Smackdown. And last thing he did was job to Edge and he didn't even finish the match. I have a feeling hes not going to be involved in much for a while. Eventually, he will get a push. I can see him winning the title.. how long until then, I don't know.

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2008, 10:34:45 AM »
i would love to see him face up against mark henry as it would make a great fued and also i like seeing him as a face wrestler. I like the friendly giant theme.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2008, 11:47:13 AM »
Post-Mania has been quite bad for Big Show yes but there isn't really much they can do with him because of his size he can only be pushed as a monster. I doubt he will still be in the "E" this time next year tbh.

Offline Dale

« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2008, 11:58:17 PM »
Maybe in terms of holding titles it's been a dissapointment but not so sure about the rest. Yes he lost at NOC but he didn't take the pin so it didn't really do his credability all that much damage and the guy is still surprisingly over with the fans. I really don't no what they are going to do with him though, most likely just floating around here there and everywhere and probably dabble in a feud with Umaga to some point.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2008, 01:42:10 AM »
Ironically, I believe it was on Mayhem I first pointed this out, but believe me: His being in WWE this go-round has a lot more to do with off-camera things than on.

I wouldn't be surprised if, before this year is out, they use him in a "Loser Leaves ___" match, to either move someone else to a different brand, end his career there, or both.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2008, 07:01:19 AM »
To me it seems like he has some sort of nagging injury he got sometime around mania. Just the way they've been using him is a little weird.

But I don't think it's been unsuccessful. So far he's had 2 memorable matches and a really memorable feud with Mayweather. If that match was on any other PPV it would've stole the show.

Big Show's probably in a happy place right now and I doubt winning championships is the first thing on his mind this run.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2008, 07:03:45 AM »
It started out successful with hit match at 'Mania against Mayweather. Then from there it has kinda gone down hill. But at the sametime to comeback with a feud that got major media attention it is going to be hard to follow up on that. So has it be un-successful? Yes and no. I think it is all personal opinion.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #8 on: 14 July 2008, 07:06:21 AM »
I didn't say his run was unsuccessful but that it's a kind of an edgey question as you could look at it in different ways. I honestly think he hasn't got much going for him. Who is he going to feud with next? More importantly, who is there to feud with? I would suggest Mr.Kennedy had he been a heel still, in which he isn't. Maybe MVP? I think his best option is to take down Mark Henry. I hate him as champion and think the sooner he is gone, the better.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #9 on: 14 July 2008, 07:10:17 AM »
The only way you could call his WM match successful was with the buildup, which wasn't even that great. (I was in the hospital the night they started on Raw, & still almost turned-off the TV.)

Him-Vs.-Henry in an "Everyone Involved Leaves WWE" match.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #10 on: 14 July 2008, 07:14:00 AM »
Quote from: TJChurch;6773
The only way you could call his WM match successful was with the buildup, which wasn't even that great. (I was in the hospital the night they started on Raw, & still almost turned-off the TV.)

Sorry but I can't not say a thing to that statement. The build-up was pretty damn good, I usually am someone who hates matches like that where celebrities or special guests are in matches but this one had me excited. The match was alright but got ratings in. The build up was great and I think a lot of people here will agree with me on that.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #11 on: 14 July 2008, 07:17:41 AM »
Yea, the build up was pretty damn good. I was kinda unsure who they were trying to make heel in the beginning. I mean.. Mayweather wasn't that good at his promos. But as long as he kept his mouth shut and they just kept trading punches, it was built up pretty good.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #12 on: 15 July 2008, 08:23:23 AM »
It started out good but i don't think they know what to dow ith him right now like a lot of guys on smackdown right now. i mean we aren't seeing much of big show,kahli, or even jeff hardy which is really shocking. i think big show would be best used in the main event because in the mid card he looks weak. he needs to be in some big feud or in the WWE title picture.

Offline Dale

« Reply #13 on: 16 July 2008, 10:10:27 PM »
- There has been some talk backstage in WWE of how the company completely dropped the ball with Big Show. The feeling is that Show had a ton of notoriety and momentum coming off the WrestleMania program with Floyd Mayweather and then the endorsement from Ric Flair. WWE then threw him into the low-profile program with Kane on ECW which pretty much killed his momentum and then as of late they haven't had anything really major going on for him.

There was a plan for Show as a heel to feud with The Undertaker after WrestleMania earlier this year, but that plan was scrapped when they couldn't get people to cheer for Floyd Mayweather and the fans were popping for Big Show. It appears Show is working as a face these days but there still has been some recent discussion about turning him heel again. Either way, it's believed that WWE has some big things coming up for Big Show before the year is over.

Even though it was funny watching him go apeshit in the singapore cane match, I do agree that the ECW situation killed his momentum. If it is indeed true, i'm interested to see what the big things coming up for Big Show are, which would either be a title run or some sort of main event feud, but knowing the E it could end up being another dud giant like Khali

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #14 on: 17 July 2008, 03:35:34 AM »
I think a Big Show-Undertaker feud would be quite entertaining to say the least. Sure it has happened before but I want to see it again. I'm sick of seeing potential not being used in the WWE. Big Show falls into that category. If not maybe a Jeff Hardy-Show feud. Could be good.