Author Topic: WWE "Releases" The Miz & R-Truth  (Read 964 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
WWE "Releases" The Miz & R-Truth
« on: 21 September 2011, 02:19:17 AM »
WWE “Releases” The Miz & R-Truth; WWE.com To Be Utilised More For Storylines? - Wrestling Fusion - WWE have announced on WWE.com that they have released The Miz and R-Truth and wished them luck in their future endeavours, following the firing of The Miz and R-Truth on Monday Night Raw by COO Triple H (click here for our Raw report).

What is notable about this however is that unlike when they legitimately release somebody whose real name is different to their wrestling name, they have only referred to them as The Miz and R-Truth, not Mike Mizanin and Ron Killings respectively.

Because of this, it seems to indicate that WWE.com is going to be utilised more to help storylines to evolve, and that judging from his interference at Night Of Champions, the earlier release of Kevin Nash (which is his real name) was also part of a storyline.

The danger of using WWE.com in this way however is that it could cause more confusion for future legitimate releases, as many reading them won't know whether to take them seriously or not.

Obviously The Miz and R-Truth's firing was bound to be a storyline, and WWE.com is regularly used to help further storylines (with in-character interviews etc.), but this seems to be a first when it comes to releases.

Do you think it is right to use WWE.com in this way, so that the lines are blurred and everybody is less sure of what is really going on?
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: WWE "Releases" The Miz & R-Truth
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2011, 02:35:37 AM »
I don't think it really blurs it for anyone really, i doubt anyone believes they are really fired it's just like the nash storyline.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2011, 05:12:15 AM »
Obviously no one believes they're really fired but it could set a dangerous precedent in the future.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2011, 11:56:50 AM »
I don't see your point, haven't they already done this before in the past with Kevin Nash about a month ago, maybe even Daniel Bryan as well?