Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Hell In A Cell 2010 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*  (Read 1253 times)

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
*OFFICIAL* Hell In A Cell Discussion Thread *Spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: 4 October 2010, 02:25:44 PM »
Actually ended up enjoying this show a lot. I didn't expect too.

Opener was solid, all three men looked good. Thank GOD Danielson got new attire, he looked superb. Orton and Sheamus was a solid match, which actually made Sheamus look strong. The celebration that felt like forever was unnecessary though, couldn't a few more minutes of been given to the divas match? Edge/Swagger/River segment was fun, Edge and Swagger was a solid match but FUCK ME, that had to be the worst PPV crowd in a long, long time. Barrett and Cena was great, loved watching it, Barrett winning is awesome. Natalya and McCool, I really enjoyed. The finish was creative and I hope this means Natalya stays in the picture. Kane/Taker was really boring, but good for nostalgia. Kane has grown on me as World Champion, so I'm glad he retained - The Bearer swerve was awesome. First thing I thought of when Taker did his throat slash and the tron went all thundery was Mortal Kombat. All we needed was Matt Striker screaming "FINISH HIM!"

Good show imo.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #16 on: 4 October 2010, 03:52:08 PM »
I only caught the end of Edge/Swagger onward but I liked what I saw for the most part, even from what i read in the results. Will definitely have to go back and watch the first half.

I liked Cena/Barrett and the end was great booking. Hoping the season 2 guys who interfered form somewhat of a "nexus wolfpac" or something. Cena joining Nexus should be interesting.

Main event was kind of a let down and the end's been done before, but as Dale said in the SB last night, let's face it, it's not the most original feud. Was expecting a few big spots from them despite their age, that match deserved it. Glad Kane retained though. Wonder how long they'll keep stretching this out for....

I'll review the rest once I catch it, and I definitely want to catch at least the triple threat.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #17 on: 5 October 2010, 02:50:54 PM »
Just another meh show for me matches seem to rarely deliver anymore and its a shame because just last year and the year before that i though WWE was putting on some outstanding matches on both TV and PPV.

Bryan vs Miz vs Morrison was really good. but after that i think it just kind of went downhill and though things weren't bad it just seemed like things were just ok.

Orton vs Sheamus was just pretty good for me, probably the better of the 2 HIAC matches. 1 part that really annoyed me and was when Sheamus locked Orton in for that Rodderick strong BackBreaker where he does the rock bottom but brings them down on his knee? yeah well he locks him in for that while both guys are standing on the steel stairs and he does that move like its supposed to be soo much better because of the stairs but a 3 year old could tell you that the stairs made no difference at all. he could have dropped him down on the stairs and it would have made a lot more sense because really the only part that made an impact with those stairs on that move was sheamus's own knee going into them. Just hope they think it out next time they do something like that.

I Know that probably annoyed me a lot more than it did other people especially with all the sheamus and orton fans around.lol. but anyways i thought it was a good solid match but just wasn't great.

Edge vs Swagger match was another Good solid one that wasn't great. what can i really say about it? was hoping Del rio would have helped swagger in the end but he didn't. though they might make it a tag with Rey and Edge vs Swagger and Del Rio but they didn't. like i have said i like the new gimmick for edge but this just kind of seemed like what it was really, a filler.

Cena vs Barret was..well... Cena vs Barret. I like Barret and i like the whole Nexus thing but i just don't think he's ready in the ring, he's just too bland and doesn't really have much when it comes to the in ring, nothing he does excites me or makes me want to watch his matches. I know i don't like Sheamus but i would admit any day that he is better than Barret in the ring. but anyways thats a different topic. the match was ok, i liked the ending with Husky and Henning getting involved but hated how obvious it was that it was those 2 yet the commentators had to sell it like they didn't know who it was.

Diva match i skipped until the last min or so and it was really good the last min but then layla threw a shoe and then i felt like i should have just skipped the whole thing. Next time McCool and Natalya face eachother if Layla is not out there i'll be sure to watch.

Undertake vs Kane was just...what is there to say really? I've said it in the last PPV Thread these 2 are trying there best and im watching out of respect and because i know its probably gonna be kanes last feud and getting close to takers last matches but its kind of just really boring and hard to watch and that ending i could tell was coming when they interviewed paul in the back and the lighting and music when taker signaled for the tombstone was just extremely cheesy and then the light from paul i thought was just lame. hell just have paul Low blow taker then kane hit the choke slam and that be it? and maybe next time i watch a taker vs kane match i'll set it to go in fast motion because i feel like im watching it in slow motion normally. sorry i hate it but it's true,

Just another OK Show. no great matches. Taker vs Kane went far too long. and the rest just seemed ok to good at best and the show peaked very early.

Offline Dale

« Reply #18 on: 6 October 2010, 02:05:12 AM »
I actually enjoyed the show for the vast majority of it, quite a lot actually.

The US title was a really good opener, kind of surprised Bryan actually retained although was shocked to see Miz take the fall. I guess if anything it puts a certain closure on the feud now.

Orton vs Sheamus I thought was equally as good, if not better than the US title match. At long last Sheamus was made to look decent. Obviously wasn't barbaric like HIAC matches of old, put still a good few spots making use of the steps and cage. If I had one gripe about the match, it was Sheamus not getting to kick out of an RKO. I know he rolled out of the ring for the first one, but I would like to have seen him kick out of it instead. And to Adam, the move on the ringsteps spot made total sense on viewing alone, not to mention Striker explained it too. Doing that move on the steps would likely hurt more due to there being no give / bounce on the ringsteps when Sheamus slams him into his knee, unlike when he does it just on the mat.

Edge vs Swagger was an alright filler match too. Would have liked to have seen maybe Del Rio help Swagger, but that's just personal preference.

Cena vs Barrett was solid, if not spectacular. Good story telling even though I knew Barrett was going to win after the Bragging Rights video package been show earlier in the night and the locker room coming down to help Cena during the match. The "fans" costing Cena the match aswell was a nice little touch. The looks on the peoples faces in the crowd too was priceless.

Divas stuff was ok but should have been alot better especially the god awful ending.

Taker vs Kane was pretty bleh. The problem with this feud is that the matches haven't and aren't going to live up to expectations which is a shame. The buildup, the story, the video packages, promos etc for this feud since the start of it have been first class, but the matches just aren't up to scratch given the two guys are coming close to the end of there careers now. I felt as though the match went on for far too long and in future they should be substantially shorter. I know people will say Bearer turning on Taker was predictable and nothing new, but lets face it this whole feud isn't either so I would much rather see this happen than the predictability of Taker winning the belt at HIAC.

Decent enough PPV for me