Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Money in the Bank 2010 Discussion Thread  (Read 2281 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
*OFFICIAL* Money in the Bank Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: 29 June 2010, 07:46:10 PM »
Quote from: MickieFan;42758
Quote from: JeriPrax;42757
Quote from: MickieFan;42755
So the SD MITB match providing it follows the same pattern as the Raw one should probably consist of:

Big Show vs. Punk vs. Kane vs Ziggler vs MVP vs Christian vs 2 from Hardy / Kofi / Rhodes

Unless they add drew, and take out Punk and Kane and put them in a singles match.
Unless they sort the visa thing out damn quickly I can't see it happening especially with them already writing him off of TV. Also with Punk & Kane they will surely be in the MITB as it's just an identical situation to Orton & Edge and they were put in there.

I'd hardly call it identical... Orton & Edge are bigger names than Kane & Punk, and they've been feuding for 3 months. While I admit that, yes, they'll likely end up in the match, if anything to legimitize it by having a few of the bigger names in there, they might also need the extra match on the card if the only other things they add is THD vs. Usos and a divas match.

Plus it doesn't seem like in storyline Kane cares about the title shot, if they're just going to have him run Punk out of the match then what's the point?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

« Reply #16 on: 29 June 2010, 08:10:21 PM »
Quote from: JeriPrax;42760
Quote from: MickieFan;42758
Quote from: JeriPrax;42757
Quote from: MickieFan;42755
So the SD MITB match providing it follows the same pattern as the Raw one should probably consist of:

Big Show vs. Punk vs. Kane vs Ziggler vs MVP vs Christian vs 2 from Hardy / Kofi / Rhodes

Unless they add drew, and take out Punk and Kane and put them in a singles match.
Unless they sort the visa thing out damn quickly I can't see it happening especially with them already writing him off of TV. Also with Punk & Kane they will surely be in the MITB as it's just an identical situation to Orton & Edge and they were put in there.

I'd hardly call it identical... Orton & Edge are bigger names than Kane & Punk, and they've been feuding for 3 months. While I admit that, yes, they'll likely end up in the match, if anything to legimitize it by having a few of the bigger names in there, they might also need the extra match on the card if the only other things they add is THD vs. Usos and a divas match.

Plus it doesn't seem like in storyline Kane cares about the title shot, if they're just going to have him run Punk out of the match then what's the point?
Well regardless of them being bigger names, they're still guys who can be seen as main eventers and are added to the match to bring the starpower to it instead of it being filled with midcarders.

I meant it was identical in the sense that Orton & Edge should have had a 1on1 match considering this feud has gone on for ages and we've not really had any 1 on 1 interaction minus the PPV debacle when Orton got injured which doesn't count and that they are well and truly above the briefcase now

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #17 on: 29 June 2010, 08:19:23 PM »
I don't think they're above the briefcase. I think they're above what the Wrestlemania MITB match is, but if they're going to make this a yearly PPV then everyone from main event to mid card should be able to compete for it.

But the real differences for me are that:

1) Kane doesn't care about the title.
2) He's just going to run Punk out of the match anyway, so what's the point of wasting the spots?
3) RAW's MITB could be considered the ''main event'' MITB and Smackdown's could have a couple of less high-profile guys and open the show instead.

Besides, assuming they can get Drew in there, with him, Christian, Show, Kofi and MVP in there, I think it will be fine. From an overall perspective, I think I would rather the Kane vs. Punk singles match.

In the end you might be right though. I think it's contingent on Drew.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #18 on: 29 June 2010, 09:24:17 PM »
Daniel Bryan = Winner of Raw MITB
Shelton Benjamin = Winner of SD MITB

ahh one can only dream.

In all honesty im thinking Miz and Mcintyre that seems to be who WWE's backing the most these days,though that would mean no face winners which would be kind of odd with 3 heel MITB winners in one year what would that say to the mid card faces? 'oh you're just food for the heels to feed off of"

I think the main event guys like Jericho,Orton and Edge don't really need this win so i don't see them winning.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #19 on: 29 June 2010, 09:55:26 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;42763
Daniel Bryan = Winner of Raw MITB
Shelton Benjamin = Winner of SD MITB

ahh one can only dream.

In all honesty im thinking Miz and Mcintyre that seems to be who WWE's backing the most these days,though that would mean no face winners which would be kind of odd with 3 heel MITB winners in one year what would that say to the mid card faces? 'oh you're just food for the heels to feed off of"

I think the main event guys like Jericho,Orton and Edge don't really need this win so i don't see them winning.

They may not need it, but the event might need a main guy to win it to legitimize it. Keep in mind who ever wins it goes over the rest of the guys also. So I don't really think this is a matter of who ''needs'' to win it as it is simply who WWE wants to put the title on next.

In the end I think we get 1 mid-card winner and 1 main event winner. Also I think one guy will win the title and the other will be the first to lose the title after cashing in. This is the best chance to get that done IMO.

Offline Dale

« Reply #20 on: 30 June 2010, 03:52:30 PM »
In a WWE.com exclusive announcement, Big Show, Matt Hardy, Christian,  Kofi Kingston, "Dashing" Cody Rhodes and Kane will compete for a  contract giving the bearer the right to challenge the World Champion at  any time, at any place, for up to one year. Who are the remaining two  SmackDown Superstars participating in this harrowing bout?
First post updated.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #21 on: 30 June 2010, 04:03:49 PM »
Well at least there WILL be 2 more guys in there. Think they're waiting to see whether Punk can go or not? Or Drew?

Offline Dale

« Reply #22 on: 5 July 2010, 03:21:06 AM »
It's a lazy presumption but do you think Ted could end up winning it due to his gimmick, they kinda go hand in hand.

Lets see if I can put over what I would like to see happen. I would have Bourne win the suitcase but have him follow a similar path to what Jeff took when he was on SD chasing the title and kept coming with in inches of winning it. Have him announce that he's cashing in at Night Of Champions so they can presumably put Cena in the ME for SummerSlam for the buys. At NOC I would have Sheamus somewhat underestimate Bourne who comes within inches of winning the belt but Sheamus wins by some form of cheating.

Due to the nature of the win the Raw GM announces a rematch on Raw and with the help of a Cena distraction Bourne wins the title in some what of an upset. I would do a face vs face match at the next PPV with Cena / Bourne and have Bourne go over with Cena showing him ultimate respect getting him super over with crowd. Maybe have a Nexus and Sheamus beatdown on the two of them which results in a few tag matches or something to keep Bourne over by aligning him with Cena.

Obviously it's never going to happen due to the nature of the PPV's coming and the idea is pretty far out but what the hell.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #23 on: 5 July 2010, 02:42:12 PM »
It would be great to see Bourne win it, but unfortunately it's impossible. Even if WWE wanted to push him to the title, I can't see it being now. The MITB is a new PPV and they need 2 fairly big names (or 1 big name and 1 mid carder with some experience) to win the briefcases to legitimize holding a yearly event for it, on top of a match at mania if they decide to keep doing that.

Plus Bourne is still a little new. He definitely has the charisma, talent and appeal to win a title down the line (despite his stature) but it's way too early to put that in his hands. I want him to feud with Miz over the summer over the US title.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #24 on: 6 July 2010, 01:11:37 AM »
I think the only way Bourne can legitimately receive a heavyweight title  shot is through winning MITB...with that said, I don't think he's  winning.  I think he'll be the new Jericho, in that he'll hold the U.S.  Title about 7 times during his career and maybe turn that into 1 or 2 heavyweight title runs if  he's very lucky.

As for the winner of the Raw MITB, the order I'd most like to see win  would be Miz, DiBiase, Bourne, Jericho, Morrison, Orton, R-Truth, Edge.   Obviously Miz can do the mic work that comes with being the MITB  holder, but he'd be holding on to his title shot for a long time since  Sheamus is currently the champ.  Maybe cash it in around Hell in a Cell  time.  DiBiase can do all the paying someone off to help him win stuff  if he ends up with the contract.  I'd give it to Bourne if you planned  on having the MITB winner lose the title match.  Jericho is the same as  Miz, but has no need for it since he's established.  Morrison isn't  ready for the heavyweight division.  Orton has no need for it.  R-Truth  isn't ready for the heavyweight division.  Edge has already held MITB 2  times, spread it around to someone else.

On the Smackdown side I'd give it to anyone but Big Show or CM Punk if he's healthy for the match.  MITB can do nothing but help the others in this match.  Kane would be intriguing since he hasn't had a real title match in years, but I think MITB should be given to someone younger and has a bright future ahead of them.  In the long run, I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Hardy walk out with the contract only to lose it to the newly-visa'd Drew McIntyre at Summerslam.  It let's those two have a blow off match with real stakes at hand and elevates McIntyre at the same time.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #25 on: 6 July 2010, 03:43:53 AM »
I'm sure no matter who wins on Raw Ted will want to buy the case from them.

I'm kind of getting the feeling Drew will be the last man in MITB on the SD side and win it. speaking of the SD MITB i really liked the segment between Hardy and Christian and I'm not really rooting for one of them to win it.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 6 July 2010, 06:03:46 AM »
So R-Truth is out of MITB now. Who will replace him? well there isn't really anyone unless they wanna do Ryder,Henrey,Kahli or kozlov and i just can't see that right now. So I'm Thinking Triple H will be that last guy in there and he will win and then Face his best buddy sheamus at summer slam for the WWE title.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #27 on: 6 July 2010, 02:37:09 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;42866
So R-Truth is out of MITB now. Who will replace him? well there isn't really anyone unless they wanna do Ryder,Henrey,Kahli or kozlov and i just can't see that right now. So I'm Thinking Triple H will be that last guy in there and he will win and then Face his best buddy sheamus at summer slam for the WWE title.

It's better if it's a face and Triple H fits in there pretty nicely since he has a feud with Sheamus lined up, but he doesn't need to win the MITB to get a title shot so it wouldn't make any sense, even for Triple H.

I think it'll likely be Barrett, since the GM took his title shot away again.

Have they officially said that R-Truth is out though?

Edit: Usos vs. THD officially added.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 6 July 2010, 10:44:32 PM »
Quote from: JeriPrax;42875
Quote from: Adampro123;42866

It's better if it's a face and Triple H fits in there pretty nicely since he has a feud with Sheamus lined up, but he doesn't need to win the MITB to get a title shot so it wouldn't make any sense, even for Triple H.

I think it'll likely be Barrett, since the GM took his title shot away again.

Have they officially said that R-Truth is out though?

Edit: Usos vs. THD officially added.

Yeah They said it on Raw that he was unable to compete at MITB and had the little mystery guy take his spot in the preview.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #29 on: 6 July 2010, 11:02:07 PM »
Ya I saw that now it just that wwe.com hadn't updated the graphic yet lol. But dale changed it.