Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* EXTREME RULES 2010 Discussion Thread  (Read 1837 times)

Offline narcolepsy

*OFFICIAL* EXTREME RULES Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: 17 April 2010, 07:47:25 PM »
How is a steel cage relevant to Jericho/Edge?  Sure its probably a blow off match to the feud, but no one has been trying to escape or anything like that.  It's been all about the spear and a cage doesn't enhance that storyline.  Maybe its just that I'd rather have Swagger/Jericho/Edge and dislike that every match has to have a gimmick at this PPV, but not feeling the cage with this one.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #16 on: 17 April 2010, 07:53:59 PM »
i didn't watch it but i think there was a double count out in there match on SD a couple weeks ago. steel cage will mean no one can get counted out.

Offline Dale

« Reply #17 on: 17 April 2010, 08:21:58 PM »
But surely at a PPV where everything is extreme with all these gimmick matches, there couldn't possibly be a countout or DQ?

I agree with Narc though although I couldn't possibly think of a stipulation that could be relevant.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #18 on: 17 April 2010, 10:32:01 PM »
Quote from: narcolepsy;40647
How is a steel cage relevant to Jericho/Edge?  Sure its probably a blow off match to the feud, but no one has been trying to escape or anything like that.  It's been all about the spear and a cage doesn't enhance that storyline.  Maybe its just that I'd rather have Swagger/Jericho/Edge and dislike that every match has to have a gimmick at this PPV, but not feeling the cage with this one.

You sir, need to watch more cage matches. Before WWE and TNA reduced it to a cheap gimmick used on TV, the steel cage was often used to blow off feuds.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #19 on: 17 April 2010, 11:16:29 PM »
Quote from: PraxFan;40655
Quote from: narcolepsy;40647

You sir, need to watch more cage matches. Before WWE and TNA reduced it to a cheap gimmick used on TV, the steel cage was often used to blow off feuds.

I stated that they are going to use the cage as a blowoff to this feud, but I just don't think it fits into the way this feud has gone along.  I don't think they would have ever had a cage match if they weren't coming up to a PPV that dictated a stipulation was necessary and the other matches are already street fights or last man standing.  I would have rather seen the triple threat and have Jericho/Edge next month but I think one of them is getting drafted.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #20 on: 17 April 2010, 11:34:54 PM »
Does anyone else see CM Punk winning his match against Rey at ER for them to finish that feud next month with a Hair vs Joining SES match?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #21 on: 21 April 2010, 03:05:31 PM »
Quote from: chappers;40662
Does anyone else see CM Punk winning his match against Rey at ER for them to finish that feud next month with a Hair vs Joining SES match?

Sounds plausible. I don't think they'll shave punk's head, it's too good of a gimmick for him. Although WWE has shaven a lot of heads in it's day :lol

I wonder what other match they'll add to this. 5 matches is kind of light for a 3 hour PPV although they could all go a fair bit long. I'd expect at least a ShowMiz ring promo if they don't get a match with THD. Especially considering their ''confrontation'' with Bret didn't go down on Monday. But that's something you'd expect them to promote a little more, whether the guys are in Europe or not.

Haven't read anything today, but you have to wonder if the RAW guys will even be able to get home for the PPV. WWE will most likely find a way, but it would make for a damn interesting PPV.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #22 on: 21 April 2010, 05:27:03 PM »
I reckon they'll do the Bret Hart announcement at the PPV followed by a match for the Tag Team championsips.

Possibly have a Million Dollar championship title defence?

Intercontinental title seems likely to be defended with Drew taking on Hardy and maybe Kane as well.

Also a womens/divas belt match, not sure which one though.

Offline Dale

« Reply #23 on: 21 April 2010, 05:36:35 PM »
^ Think I read that they were on their way home and should make it back with plenty of time to spare.

Apparently Beth / McCool is confirmed (although obviously not on wwe.com) so that should hopefully that should be a good match, unsure of what the gimmick will be though. What ever it is it's time for the McCool monster push to end.

ShoMiz will definitley be on the show although most likely just a promo, maybe even have Bret there and do the segment there followed by an impromptu tag match where they lose the belts.

Im sure Drew will get on the card.

Maybe even one more undercard match but it's impossible to think what that match is and what fucking gimmick it will be.

Just read now and JTG vs Shad in a strap match has been announced. JTG definitley needs the win here, but I would like to see Shad get the win a continue this strong push.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #24 on: 22 April 2010, 04:45:15 PM »
Anyone else get the feeling they only added the Shad/JTG match to the pay-per-view due to the ash cloud? I mean in the sense that some of the other matches ended up not getting as much build, and figured, hey, these other two guys have a feud. Otherwise I don't see how Shad vs. JTG would get on a PPV.

Offline Dale

« Reply #25 on: 22 April 2010, 08:01:17 PM »
Quote from: PraxFan;40774
Anyone else get the feeling they only added the Shad/JTG match to the pay-per-view due to the ash cloud? I mean in the sense that some of the other matches ended up not getting as much build, and figured, hey, these other two guys have a feud. Otherwise I don't see how Shad vs. JTG would get on a PPV.

I wouldn't really put it down to ash cloud no. I think they're on the card because the start of the feud they had can fit in with the Extreme Rules gimmick. You look at guys who could have possibly have gotten on the card if it was a normal PPV, maybe a Christian vs Ted match for example, but that just doesn't have anything about it that feels it should an Extreme Rule about it.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #26 on: 22 April 2010, 09:37:07 PM »
Yeah i Don't think they just threw shad vs JTG on there, i actually think it was gonna make the card regardless. its been one of the better feud in WWE at the moment.

I hhope they don't add any more matches though because i want Punk vs Rey to get a long match.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #27 on: 23 April 2010, 12:10:03 AM »
JTG vs. Shad has got to be the least excited I've ever been for a PPV bout. I'm wondering just how different Shad will look though. Surely Shad wins in a dominant, short match.

Offline Dale

« Reply #28 on: 23 April 2010, 05:18:15 PM »
-- Beth Phoenix and  Michelle McCool will meet in an

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #29 on: 26 April 2010, 03:04:49 PM »
Just finished watching Extreme Rules, I thought it was an ok PPV.

i liked the opening when Sheamus attacked HHH, obviously it was done because HHH can't handle a clean loss but it added to Sheamus' aggressive character and was something different.
The Miz was good on the mic and the gauntlet match was a nice addition, the right tag team got the win (THD) and i hope they win the belts on Raw.

CM Punk and Rey Mysterio got time which was good as they didn't at WM, this was a good match, CM Punk won and there's the little mystery of who screwed Rey over.

JTG vs Shad was what it was and can I please gloat that I am the ONLY member of this forum to predict JTG would go over Shad. They always moan about Shad's wrestling and he never makes the rumble yet JTG does, come on JTG was going to win!

Jack Swagger vs Randy Orton was the match of the night, brilliant match. Both guys got a lot of offence and Swagger has retained which makes his WHC worthwhile and not pointless. It's a shame Orton didn't win when he is so over as a face but the RKO at the end showed Orton is still badass and Orton is over with or without a belt.

Sheamus and HHH was pretty boring, HHH always lies on the floor doing nothing, I know that we because of the injury but he doesn't sell moves well so Sheamus had to work hard to keep the match watchable (which it barely was.) Then when HHH gets off his fat ass to do something he is relentless and Sheamus sells his moves really well. Stupid HHH, glad Sheamus won and the additional kick at the end when HHH limped off was awesome.

Beth Phoenix beat McCool which is good.

Edge and Jericho was boring, Edge is just too rusty with his injuries and I think the guy must be getting pretty close to retirement really. Jericho was pretty funny and that codebreaker spot was awesome.

Cena/Batista was good and i am glad Cena retained, I couldn't abide to see Batista win another title. I hope this feud ends, Batista pisses off and Cena starts a fresh one after the Draft.

One thing I noticed too was how annoying Striker is as a commentator, he really pissed me off and seemed to want to contradict everything Cole and Lawler said but just spoke pointless crap.
Seriously Cole and Lawler without Striker= much better.
Orton/Swagger was the best match, not a bad PPV.