Author Topic: {{OFFICIAL}} Night of Champions 2009 Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*  (Read 1885 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena vs. Triple H

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Dolph Ziggler vs. Rey Mysterio (c)

US CHAMPIONSHIP - SIX PACK CHALLENGE
Kofi Kingston (c) vs. MVP vs. Carlito vs. The Miz vs. Jack Swagger vs. The Big Show

ECW CHAMPIONSHIP
Tommy Dreamer (c) vs. Christian

UNIFIED TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
Chris Jericho & Mystery Partner (c) vs. Legacy (Ted Dibiase Jr. and Cody Rhodes)

DIVA'S CHAMPIONSHIP
Mickie James vs. Maryse (c)

WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP
Melina vs. Michelle McCool (c)

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
{{OFFICIAL}} Night of Champions Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2009, 05:57:57 PM »
Spoiler:
I think it was confirmed that Edge and Jericho will defend the Unified WWE Tag Team Titles against The Legacy at Night of Champions; too.

Triple Threats are my favourite kind of match, so I'm looking forward to it.

Maryse vs. Mickie should be al right too, I see Maryse retaining.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2009, 06:14:39 PM »
You're right Cazy boy I had forgotten about that. It's been added in the spoiled matches.

Offline Dale

« Reply #3 on: 1 July 2009, 03:27:02 AM »
Diva's title change please, but I don't think it's going to happen. Hopefully Maryse pulls her thumb out of her ass and actually puts some graft in the match and not let Mickie carry it like she did in the first two.

The WWE Title was so damn predictable and I called it to someone on msn before the matches were announced. There's no way that Cena or HHH would be left of the PPV.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #4 on: 1 July 2009, 07:27:38 AM »
The more this card shapes up its going to create either a couple of weird matches or its just going to leave a lot of guys off the card.  I find the U.S. Title match to be very interesting and I'm usually one who skips all Big Show matches, but I'm confident Bourne and Kingston will find some creative ways to play off the David vs. Goliath scenario and Big Show is agile enough to compete with them.

Pass on the WWE Title match...we've seen it before at Wrestlemania no less, and even then it wasn't the main event.

Tag title match will be interesting as its two teams of heels, wonder how they will play this off with the crowd.  There's really no credible face team to put in there after the Colons taking two straight losses and the WWE doesn't let Cryme Tyme wrestle.
____
EDIT: It just took me a couple of minutes to think this over, but I hope this is actually leading to the Edge vs. Jericho Summerslam match that I remember hearing rumors about a few months ago back when Jericho first got traded to Smackdown.  I can see Edge finally making his face turn at NOC leaving Jericho to get beat down by Legacy.  Then we finally we the two results that have been long coming...Legacy finally getting the tag belts so the whole stable now has gold and the Edge/Jericho match at Summerslam
____

I've yet to see the WHC match from the Bash so I'm not going to comment on that yet...

But if what's speculated in the opening post turns out to be true, what happens to guys like MVP, Miz, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger, various SD mid-high card guys (havent watched SD enough to know who these are)?  These guys are in the middle of a very important stretch where they are trying to legitimize their places as the future of the top of the card yet they cant seem to get any consistent PPV exposure.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 7 July 2009, 11:56:11 PM »
The Card's been updated. Three matches to go until we have a presumably full card.

Offline Dale

« Reply #6 on: 8 July 2009, 12:01:47 AM »
McCool vs Melina is as good as confirmed. Unless something drastic changes then it's going to be Kofi vs Bourne / Show or a triple threat. IC Title is expected to be Dolph Ziggler after this weeks SmackDown.

Only real issue now is the tag team match.

Offline Axel

« Reply #7 on: 8 July 2009, 12:34:27 AM »
Finally a PPV that CM Punk actually is on the poster and wrestles in the main event as well. I still don't understand why they put him on Cyber Sunday poster without a match.

Anyways, We are gonna get Ziggler vs. Rey Rey for the IC title. That should be a good match.

As for the Tag Team match, I'm expecting Legacy vs. Cyme Tyme vs. The Hart Dynasty for the vacated Tag Titles with Legacy winning the match.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 8 July 2009, 01:00:21 AM »
If team ego vacates the titles then I'd imagine we get Jericho vs. Rey again.

Offline Axel

« Reply #9 on: 8 July 2009, 06:20:59 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone read the recent spoilers but it seems like their ending the Rey/Jericho feud this friday and starting a Ziggler/Rey title feud.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 8 July 2009, 08:06:08 PM »
I figured as much but if Jericho's not in whatever tag team match they end up doing, what do they do with him at NOC?

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2009, 03:26:29 PM »
I'm bored of seeing Dreamer and Christian again, I actually wanted Kozlov to beat Christian even if he didn't win the title just for a change.
I think Cena vs HHH vs Orton will be awesome though.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2009, 03:45:14 PM »
Really disappointed with the Edge injury going into this PPV because it would of helped the card a lot and made the PPV in whole a lot more interesting. But, if I were a booker I'd have them announce on WWE.com a week before NOC that Edge has vacated his half of the title and that Chris Jericho will have to elect a new partner.. With what is expected to see, between Rey Mysterio and Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Championship either have Ziggler win and make it that his impact has not even been felt yet, or have him lose and be all angry much like Jericho was at the Bash because of his loss.

Have Ziggler come out and be Edge's replacement as I think he'd do great with Jericho although his ego is no where near as great as what Edge's is and the combination of Jericho and Edge worked a lot better, but still Ziggler/Jericho would work very well and I'd love to see it happen.

Anyway, for some odd reason I am really hyped up for Orton vs. HHH vs. Cena because their match at WM24 was actually really entertaining IMO. Hope they can somewhat get to that level and have the same ending, with Orton winning..

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 13 July 2009, 03:45:44 PM »
Quote from: John Doe;30970
I'm bored of seeing Dreamer and Christian again, I actually wanted Kozlov to beat Christian even if he didn't win the title just for a change.
I think Cena vs HHH vs Orton will be awesome though.

Are you sure it was Chappers who had surgery and not you, cause I think you're still delusional from some sort of medication :lol

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2009, 01:35:48 AM »
WWE title
Cena vs Orton vs Triple H

i don't think i would ever see myself saying this but i really hope cena wins just for the fact that orton and triple H are 2 of the most boring people on the planet as of late anmd i would like to actually be interested in the WWE title picture and at least when cena's champ i can have fun rooting against him.

should be a good match though beings there last triple threat was good.

World title
Jeff vs Punk

Really loving this feud and it's actually becoming one of my favorites of the year so far. it's quite the opposit about how i feel about raws title feud. freshness and 2 guys i actually like. im actually hoping for a screwjob finish though maybe punk grabbing the tights or using a wepon just so this feud can have an ending at summerslam

ECW title
Christian vs Dreamer.

i liked dreamer winning the ECW title but im not too into his run as ECW Champion. i would like to see christian take this and then feud with either regal or benjamin. but overall i don't think this will be bad.

Tag titles
?????

well im really not sure what will be happening here. maybe we will get some tag team battle royal or something. maybe legacy vs jericho and someone else like JoMo or miz. i really don't know but i just hope legacy doesn't win the titles back because they are pretty damn boring if you ask me although i enjoyed ted vs orton on raw last week.

Divas title
Mickie vs Maryse

i don't really like maryse at all and mickie is just pretty stale at this point. but at least they put some good build in this and with mickie in there i do think it will be a pretty good one.

Womens title
McCool vs Melina

also im just expecting this too but i think it will be a good match i have really enjoyed there previous matches together and i think Michelle is one of if not the best female wrestler in the WWE today...which is saying too much because there are only a few to argue with her but anywazys im expecting this one to be pretty good.

US title
Kofi vs ??? (show? Bourne)

it will be something like a triple threat or just kofi vs show. which might be ok i guess i just really hope they don't put the US title on big show.

IC title
Rey vs Dolph Zeigller

well that's more than likely the match now. i think it will be a really good one though i have been liking what i seen from dolph ever since that match with batista on raw a while back and i think him as IC champ will work out fine and will also let reay move up and be punks next challenger beings smackdown is a bit light on faces or will be if jeff leaves before taker gets back, because i doubt they want to push JoMo that high this quick.