Author Topic: London 2012  (Read 4206 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: London 2012
« Reply #30 on: 6 August 2012, 11:41:58 PM »
That match was a disgrace. Canada got robbed.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #31 on: 7 August 2012, 03:38:16 AM »
Prax, how about that USA and Canada soccer (football) game today? Good stuff.

Any of you folks in the UK going to any of the events or anything? I have always wanted to see the Olympics.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #32 on: 7 August 2012, 04:08:55 AM »
That's what I was referencing, Canada should have won that match. Fucking refs!

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #33 on: 8 August 2012, 12:37:42 AM »
Any of you folks in the UK going to any of the events or anything? I have always wanted to see the Olympics.

I went the other day, it was a really great experience. Went and watched the Trampoline. I went in knowing it wouldn't be as spectacular as the other gymnastics events, but I was glad to be a part of the experience. Getting tickets was such a fucking pain that I was just on a high getting one, in fact, if I didn't get that ticket I doubt I would have got another chance to go to the Olympics, particularly for such a technical event. I've checked the website regularly and its just tickets for Football, Hockey or Basketball (no offence to those sports, but I really wanted to go to a sport which I wouldn't be able to view without the Olympics being here).

Watching it was pretty different to wrestling though, I mean it was dead silent through the whole arena when they were competing, just for the competitors to focus on their routines. Aside from the applause at the end, it was fairly quiet, but it was justified for what they were doing. It might have been different though if there was a British competitor performing and someone for the crowd to route for and really get into it, plus I only had one ticket by myself so that might have taken me out a bit. That's my only complaint though, I didn't feel the atmosphere was quite there in comparison to most of the other events this Olympics, which has been quite deafening from what I've seen.

Watching and reflecting on it, I was impressed with the amount of work and dedication the athletes put in. For example, with the Trampoline, they have three routines, two before the final, and one routine in the final where they get to show off what they could do. Four years of work could go any time if they faulter, the margin of error is so small; you have to respect them for putting in their life's work and sticking with it for an event every four years. However, its not just that, the fact that they are jumping the height of two double deckers stacked on top of each other, landing in a two by one metre box and doing all these crazy flips in such a rigid straight posture, its pretty ridiculous. I had to respect them, even just jumping up and landing in the box is hard enough.

If you have the chance to go I would recommend it. I think if I go again (thinking of going to Rio in four years to be honest), if I had more variety with events I could watch, I would have gone for something which would have been a crowd pleaser as well as being exciting to watch (but I think most Olympic sports have an adrenaline if you really get into it, unless its horse riding T_T). Glad I watched it though, it will be a long time if it ever comes back to England and I can now say that I went to an olympics event, saw all the different medals and was entertained whilst watching it.
« Last Edit: 8 August 2012, 12:41:06 AM by chappers »

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #34 on: 8 August 2012, 12:50:26 AM »
That's what I was referencing, Canada should have won that match. Fucking refs!
How come noone is talking about Melissa Tancredi from Canada stomping on Carly Lloyd's head in the box? Huge missed call there should have been a red card. In the end it evened out.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #35 on: 8 August 2012, 02:46:15 AM »
Apparently Wambach had been counting to the ref all game about how long the keeper had been holding the ball and was complaining all game... Who knows, it was an odd call. USA vs Japan will be a tight contest....

Chappers, that is cool. I'd love to go an see track, swimming, or basketball. But I would take tickets to anything to experience it for sure.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #36 on: 9 August 2012, 10:02:53 PM »
Gold medal motherfuckerss.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #37 on: 13 August 2012, 06:40:01 AM »
USA with the most gold medals (46) USA with the most silver medals (29) and USA with the most overall medals (104)

So suck it losers to everyone else.  :dx

I think this video is appropriate

/Heel

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #38 on: 13 August 2012, 03:23:39 PM »
Too bad you barely got to see any of it properly thanks to NBC.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #39 on: 13 August 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
I might be wrong, but I thought you could watch the BBC's coverage worldwide?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #40 on: 13 August 2012, 05:22:02 PM »
I might be wrong, but I thought you could watch the BBC's coverage worldwide?

You're wrong. Well, at least if you're not using a proxy.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #41 on: 13 August 2012, 06:24:39 PM »
I don't know about that. at least my cable provider had it where there was 3 different NBC Channels that had the Olympics live earlier in the day and then in the nigh they showed most of the major things on NBC..

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #42 on: 14 August 2012, 11:12:14 PM »
You play Hacksaw Jim Duggan's music and not Real American!?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: 15 August 2012, 01:17:48 AM »
Real american is too mainstream

/Hipsterheel