Author Topic: NXT: Redemption  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
NXT: Redemption
« on: 9 March 2011, 02:10:14 AM »
- The official name for season 5 of WWE NXT on their website is NXT: Redemption. The show will have Todd Grisham and William Regal doing announcing while Matt Striker and Maryse will be the hosts.

There will be no immunity this season.

As noted before, the Rookies are previous WWE NXT participants from past seasons. This season's roster looks like this:

* Darren Young and Chavo Guerrero
* Conor O'Brian and Vladimir Kozlov
* Lucky Cannon and Tyson Kidd
* Byron Saxton and Yoshi Tatsu
* Jacob Novak and JTG
* Titus O'Neill and Hornswoggle

Well I like byron saxton...
Derrick Bateman should be in this and win but i guess they have plans for him already.

Offline Dale

Re: NXT: Redemption
« Reply #1 on: 9 March 2011, 02:22:28 AM »
I'm gonna watch this one and that's it I think. The rookie list is horrible and the pro list is horrible, the only thing wortwhile is Regal on commentary.

Offline Dale

« Reply #2 on: 9 March 2011, 03:53:36 AM »
I hate that I was somewhat entertained by this show. Chavo did a great job of getting the fans behind Darren Young. Lucky Cannon went from being a generic face to whatever the hell he is now with the robe and pink trunks, either way he still SUCKS.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 9 March 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
the only thing wortwhile is Regal on commentary.

I like the sound of this, I would love to see him pushed on to the main roster on commentary :D

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #4 on: 9 March 2011, 12:07:19 PM »
NXT is just a practical joke at this point. What a fucking waste.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 9 March 2011, 01:06:44 PM »
Actually from what i caught it seemed to have a more serious tone and a lot of that was because william regal was on there seeming to take it seriously unlike josh matthews who would just shit all over it.

They need to get Maryse off there though, bitch can barely speak english its horrible.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 9 March 2011, 03:08:52 PM »
Actually from what i caught it seemed to have a more serious tone and a lot of that was because william regal was on there seeming to take it seriously unlike josh matthews who would just shit all over it.

They need to get Maryse off there though, bitch can barely speak english its horrible.

So what if she can't speak english. You have a problem with people from Quebec? :prax

Seriously though, looking at that roster I have no interest in watching this show, but I guess I'll give it a shot. last season couldn't motivate me and it was the best cast since season 1. I like that they're seemingly taking somewhat of a serious tone to it.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 9 March 2011, 07:28:41 PM »
- As noted before, there will be no immunity points on this season of WWE NXT: Redemption. However, the Rookies will compete for "redemption points" that can be used in a similar fashion. Darren Young left last night's premiere with three points.

The winner of this season will earn a spot on NXT season 6 and not a title shot like previous winners.

So the winner of this will just get to be on Season 6 where they will probably just lose again. nice.  :dohw:
 I don't get the whole redemption points.

- Despite the new "Redemption" theme of this WWE NXT season, that is not what WWE had planned as recent as last week. WWE film crews shot footage with several FCW talents recently for video packages to introduce them on NXT.

The decision was made in the last week to hold off on those plans and go with what we saw last night. WWE officials feel that this season of NXT will be overlooked since Tough Enough is returning. The talents originally planned for season 5 will instead be used on season 6, unless things change again.

Well i guess that makes sense but to be honest i think NXT will be overlooked no matter what from this point on.

Offline Dale

« Reply #8 on: 9 March 2011, 08:30:15 PM »
Of course it will be overlooked, fucking WWE themselves overlook the show it's that shit.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #9 on: 9 March 2011, 08:38:20 PM »
Why even run a season 5 if this is the case for the redemption gimmick?

How smart is it to dwindle your ratings down to practically no one if they plan on reviving season 6 with impressive names?  No one will even know season 6 exists unless they heavily promote it on Raw and Smackdown.

Seems like a waste of money to me...

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2011, 09:48:05 AM »
I hope the winner of NXT 5 gets eliminated the first week of NXT 6, just for the lols.

Offline Dale

« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2011, 02:53:08 AM »
WWE NXT Results - 3/8/2011

-It's time for this week's edition of NXT Redemption! The opening titles roll, and commentators William Regal and Todd Grisham welcome us from Kansas City, Missouri. Co-hosts Matt Striker and Maryse are in the ring, and out come the NXT rookies with their pros. Out first is JTG and Jacob Novak to a slight pop. They do a bit of a gangster handshake atop the stage. Up next is Chavo Guerrero with Darren Young to a similar pop. Vladimir Kozlov and Conor O'Brian up next. Yoshi Tatsu and Byron Saxton out next. Next out is Tyson Kidd and Lucky Cannon. Last out is Hornswoggle and Titus O'Neil to the biggest pop. They all line up in the ring for our first challenge. Maryse tells us about a new stipulation for the winner: Not only will the winner of NXT Redemption, but he will be able to pick his pro next season, as well. With that said, it's time for our first challenge.

Challenge #1: Talk The Talk Challenge

-Each rookie will have 45 seconds to talk to the WWE Universe about themselves. The crowd will be the judges.

-Jacob Novak: Jacob starts rapping to heat. "It's season five, I'm staying alive! Kansas City, Scream!" They boo accordingly. "My elimination was wack, I'm Jacob Novak." Regal says he wants to punch Novak in the mouth for that.

-Darren Young: Young says he's gonna do this the right way. He gets out of the ring and goes next to the crowd. He says the he has a Guerrero as a pro, so the sky is the limit for him! He gets a nice pop.

-Lucky Cannon: He shushes the crowd. He introduces himself, and says his name is Delish, AKA Mr. Steal Your Girl, AKA Lucky Cannon. He says it's all about him.

-Conor O'Brian: Conor says that he doesn't have a speech prepared. He wants to be real. He was a simple person. He's sat in the audience, and he had a big dream. He just got lucky. He knows that the audience can live their dream, too. He doesn't get much reaction.

-Byron Saxton: He starts talking really fast. He says that unlike somebody, and looks at Lucky Cannon and his ridiculous robe, he didn't get his robe from Lady Gaga. He thanks the crowd for a second chance to a pop.

-Titus O'Neil: Hornswoggle starts barking, and the cheers are already audible. Titus says "Make it a win!" He was the first eliminated in season 2, but in season 5, this is his season. He was talking to Hornswoggle, which gets a pop, and Hornswoggle had this to say. He starts talking gibberish and barking. He says that he thinks that Hornswoggle meant that Titus is the next breakout star.

-It's time for the WWE Universe to judge. Jacob Novak gets booed. Darren Young gets a nice pop. Conor O'Brian gets a mixed reaction. Byron Saxton gets the biggest pop so far. Lucky Cannon gets the most heat so far. Titus O'Neil gets a huge pop. The winner of this contest, and two redemption points: Titus O'Neil.

-Darren Young vs. Conor O'Brian is announced.

-Commercial

-We get a promo package on Titus O'Neil. He says that his mistake in season 2 was that he wasn't being himself. He says he was timid in season 2. We get his infamous "If you're gonna fight, make it a fight. If you want to win, make it a win!" quote. He says that the fans will be able to relate to him this time around. He's going to be himself this season. This season is the season of Titus O'Neil. He's going to make it a win, and barks.

Match #1: Darren Young vs. Conor O'Brian

-Darren Young and Conor O'Brian are in the ring already. They lock up and Conor forces Young into the corner. Darren fights out of the corner and hits a clothesline. he starts hitting European uppercuts on Conor in the corner. Conor quickly grabs Darren and rams his shoulder into the ring post. Darren goes flying out of the ring. Conor hurries out and throws Darren back in. He forces Darren into the corner and starts throwing strikes. Conor hits a snapmare and stomps on Darren's injured shoulder. He applies a kneeling armbar as the crowd rallies behind Darren. Conor hits the ropes, only to be clotheslined by Darren. Darren hits an atomic drop and hits another clothesline. Darren goes back to a European uppercut, gets Conor up on his shoulders. He throws him into the air, falls to the mat, and puts up his knees. Conor lands hard on Darren's knees, and Darren gets the three-count.

Winner: Darren Young

-Tonight, the St. Patrick's Day Keg Carry challenge will take place.

-Commercial

-Yoshi Tatsu is with Maryse backstage. Yoshi says that she did a good job last week. He says that she is prettier than Matt Striker. Lucky Cannon interrupts and says that he was unprofessional last week, and he apologizes. Maryse says that he was a jerk, but she forgives him. Maryse leaves, as Yoshi waves to her. Lucky says that Yoshi has no chance with Maryse, because he's not lucky. He walks off as Yoshi seethes.

-Commercial

-We get a package on Jacob Novak. He says that last season, he felt like he had all the gifts he needed. He had Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero. We get reminded of Ziggler making fun of Novak after he was eliminated. He says that he was distracted by them last season, but this season, he's focused, and this season, he will prove it by winning.

Match #2: Yoshi Tatsu and Byron Saxton vs. Tyson Kidd and Lucky Cannon

-Lucky Cannon and Tyson Kidd are already in the ring. Tatsu's music hits, and out come Byron Saxton and Yoshi Tatsu. Tyson Kidd and Yoshi Tatsu will start. Grisham mentions that Tatsu is wearing a black armband because of the horrific earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Yoshi hits a big kick to Kidd's stomach and waits for Kidd to get up. Yoshi whips Tyson, who counters it. Lucky Cannon kicks Tatsu in the back when he hits the ropes. Lucky is tagged in, and hits a leg drop on Tatsu. Cannon keeps Yoshi grounded with knees to the back. Lucky picks Yoshi up and slams him sloppily. He applies body scissors as the crowd begins to clap in support of Yoshi. Yoshi fights out, but gets more knees to the back. Cannon picks Tatsu up and slams his head back down. Cannon goes right back to the body scissors, as Yoshi tries to grab the ropes. Yoshi fights out again, and hits the ropes. Yoshi hits a flying clothesline, and both men are down. Both men crawl to their corners. Both men get the tag, and Byron is fired up. Saxton hits a flurry of strikes on Kidd and hits a single arm STO on Kidd. Kidd rolls out and gets on the apron and hits a kick on Saxton. Cannon hits the blind tag on Kidd, to Kidd's dismay, and goes in. He gets Saxton up on his shoulders, and hits a modified Death Valley Driver for the three count.

Winners: Tyson Kidd and Lucky Cannon

-Kidd is upset and starts arguing with Cannon as we go to commercial.

-Commercial

Challenge #2: St. Patrick's Day Keg Carry

-The rookies must carry a keg from the top of the stage, around the ring, and back up to the stage in the shortest amount of time to win. If you drop the keg, you're disqualified.

-Matt Striker says that if one man needs redemption, it's Titus O'Neil. O'Neil chuckles as we get a recap of his performance on season 2. He trips over his keg right out of the starting line. They replay it several times with wacky sound effects.

-Jacob Novak is first. Novak picks up the keg like a baby and hurries around the ring in 8.9 seconds.

-Darren Young is next. He carries the keg at either side and and beats Novak's score by a tenth of a second at 9.8 seconds.

-Conor O'Brian is up next. He is the new leader at 9.4 seconds.

-Byron Saxton is next. Yoshi starts a "Go, go, Byron!" chant! He just misses the top score with 9.5 seconds.

-Lucky Cannon is next, to a huge chorus of boos. He says that since he won this last time, this shouldn't be a problem. As the starting bell sounds, he stops and grabs the mic. He says that instead of winning again, he'd like to recite a poem. He walks up the ramp toward Maryse and begins speaking French. Maryse asks if she can go throw up. Maryse slaps Cannon, who holds his heart and says that he's in love. Maryse says she's sad because she broke a nail.

-Titus O'Neil is last. Hornswoggle, as always, is barking, and shows his whiteboard, which says "Make it a win!" The crowd is already cheering. Titus wins at 9.1 seconds. The crowd erupts again as Hornswoggle runs down the ramp to hug Titus. He does his pose and barks.

Winner: Titus O'Neil

-That's it for this week of NXT Redemption. Thanks for reading.
If you didn't watch it, don't bother because it's not even worth it. Lucky Cannon has gone from being a generic face to an awful attempt at some kind of pimp / ladies man. D'lish Lucky Cannon sucks dick, legit.

Even though she's pretty wooden at the minute but will eventually grow into the role, I actually somewhat enjoyed Maryse as the hostess instead of a Diva.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2011, 04:02:18 AM »
As much as I admire the second chance thing, filling an entire show with a bunch of people who've already failed miserably was doomed to fail from the start. Literally only one of these people (Saxton) even had any potential in their original season.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 16 March 2011, 05:29:43 AM »
The thing is anyone who looked good WWE already put on the roster or at least didn't put them back on the show.
Percy Watson
Derrik Bateman
Skip
All of the guys that joined Nexus
Alex Riley
Daniel Bryan

So now we get a bunch of scrubs and i agree only Saxton of these has ever looked good. though something about me likes Connor O'Brian.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 16 March 2011, 01:53:37 PM »
The thing is anyone who looked good WWE already put on the roster or at least didn't put them back on the show.
Percy Watson
Derrik Bateman
Skip
All of the guys that joined Nexus
Alex Riley
Daniel Bryan

So now we get a bunch of scrubs and i agree only Saxton of these has ever looked good. though something about me likes Connor O'Brian.

I haven't really watched it so I'm only speaking from what I've seen in prior seasons. So I get that some of these guys may have improved and stuff and might look better now than they did a few months ago but it's still pretty ridiculous. If you're going to do this then have at least 2 or 3 sure things, otherwise it just looks stupid.

Funniest thing is how Darren Young is in this but he was on WWE TV lol