Author Topic: ECW 20/1 *Spoilers*  (Read 463 times)

Offline Dale

ECW 20/1 *Spoilers*
« on: 20 January 2009, 04:33:36 PM »
ECW On Sci-Fi: (Airing Tomorrow)
* ECW begins with Todd Grisham in the ring interviewing Matt Hardy. Todd talks about what a rough week that it has been for the Hardy family. He references the Jeff Hardy "pyro incident" from SmackDown and it is revealed that Jeff is at home with first degree "burns". Matt Hardy goes on to talk about dropping the ECW Championship to Jack Swagger on last week's show. ECW Champion Jack Swagger comes to the ring.

Swagger and Hardy have a short in-ring confrontation and talk about their match this Sunday at Royal Rumble. Matt ends up hitting Swagger as the fight spills out of the ring. Referees come out to break up the melee.

Announced for later tonight, The Miz, John Morrison, Finlay, and Mark Henry in a Fatal Four-Way match.

* Ricky Ortiz b. Local Worker (from what we were told it said Evans on his trunks although his name was not clear)
- Ortiz won in a quick squash with a splash. Ortiz got on the microphone and thanked the Chicago fans for their support and told them to rally up.

A replay of the Tommy Dreamer segment from last week is shown.

* Backstage with Tommy Dreamer and Theodore Long, Paul Burchill bursts in and demands a rematch with DJ Gabriel. Teddy says that he'll give Burchill a match with someone of his choosing up next.

* Paul Burchill and Katie Lea come out to ringside. His opponent is The Boogeyman. Paul Burchill vs. The Boogeyman is stopped when Katie Lea interferes. Boogeyman tries to feed Katie Lea worms but Burchill pulls her from the ring just in time. They changed the ring apron after the match.

* John Morrison b. The Miz, Finlay, and Mark Henry in a Fatal Four-Way match.
- Morrison pinned The Miz to get the victory. Hornswoggle got involved as he hit a tadpole splash at one point. Henry left before the match was over.

Looks a rather dissapointing ECW on paper. Guess i'll just be watching the Main Event and the segments in between. No Matt, Swagger or DJ Gabriel in a match = (N)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
ECW 20/1 *Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2009, 02:16:02 AM »
I don't understand, looks pretty good to me. Swagger and Matt are coming off a big match last week and they need to hype up the rematch so that was properly done.

Other than that, you have to realize that they only have an hour, and they have to remind us of guys like Burchill and Ortiz once in a while. There was a big main event scheduled. I'll save my judgement til I see it since I haven't yet.

And it's funny how you say you'll be watching just the ME and the segs, whereas it's pretty much all they had :lol

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.