Author Topic: CM Punk  (Read 540 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
CM Punk
« on: 22 November 2009, 06:53:22 PM »
Credit: F4WOnline.com

As seen in recent weeks, CM Punk has taken a lesser role on SmackDown since dropping the World Heavyweight Championship to Undertaker
at last month's Hell in the Cell PPV, instead being placed in a program with perennial mid-card performer R-Truth after months of top-level feuds. While it would appear that he's been demoted, the company is looking to have him assist R-Truth for the time being by putting him over in hope that he reaches main event level status.

Nice to hear its not just about de-pushing punk...or so they say.

but the reason i didn't call this topic news on CM Punk is because i wanted to make it more of a full topic about the guy and whats going on with his feud with scott armstrong. now call me crazy but does anyone think that we might possibly see the return of Road Dogg? i mean Punk is pretty much feuding with his real life brother and Former tag team partner in the WWE. and with RD no longer apart of TNA he is open to do whatever he wants.

now onto R-Truth. whats everyone thoughts on him getting pushed? do you think he deserves it? or more importantly do you think he can do something with it and make it a success? I'm not sure myself i know the crowed loves him and his in ring work isn't too bad just a little crazy. but he is also quite old at thi point i believe (not sure on that one) but then again i guess that is kind of irrelevant because batista didn't get pushed until his late 30's i think

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
CM Punk
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2009, 08:39:11 PM »
Ya I alwayts figured this was more about pushing R-Truth and less about de-pushing punk. I like R-truth a lot actually and I think he's paid enough dues to at least be at the current JoMo level, if not higher in the long run. And working with punk is definitely a step in the right direction for him.

As for the Road Dogg thing, it is pretty convenient that the ref they decided to feud him against was the brother of the Road Dogg, but we'll see. IMO it would be pretty unlikely at this point considering he's had some choice words for Triple H in the past but you obviously never know.

Punk will bounce back into the main event, he always does.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Gorsty

CM Punk
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2009, 03:39:43 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;36125
Ya I alwayts figured this was more about pushing R-Truth and less about de-pushing punk. I like R-truth a lot actually and I think he's paid enough dues to at least be at the current JoMo level, if not higher in the long run. And working with punk is definitely a step in the right direction for him.

As for the Road Dogg thing, it is pretty convenient that the ref they decided to feud him against was the brother of the Road Dogg, but we'll see. IMO it would be pretty unlikely at this point considering he's had some choice words for Triple H in the past but you obviously never know.

Punk will bounce back into the main event, he always does.
From what I understand, most of that "anti-Triple H" bullshit was lead by Billy/Kip, to be honest, I could see a short term return for the Dogg against Punk, put him over, team with his brother, team with Killings again for a short term feud against Punk/Festus and use him to put over Punk in the long term.

Offline Dale

CM Punk
« Reply #3 on: 28 November 2009, 05:04:45 AM »
Maybe the credit is down to Punk, or it's just taken me time but i've found myself enjoying Truth lately and the feud aswell. Gotta give credit to Punk though, he's not really been in the Main Event scene that long but he's been given the same responsibility as Orton on Raw in trying to elevate a new guy to ME level. Truth's situation is similar to Jeff's was in the fact that he's well over, but there's a questionability as to whether his style would translate to the ME. I suppose you got to take into account that Jeff had rather large merchandise sales compared to Truth's. (presumably)