Author Topic: Daniel Bryan: Mr Money in the Bank  (Read 727 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Daniel Bryan: Mr Money in the Bank
« on: 18 July 2011, 06:46:18 PM »
So Daniel Bryan shocked us all i think winning the Smackdown MITB match.

Thoughts?
Where does it go from here?
Will he lose the MITB to someone?
Will he be the first to Cash in and Lose?
When will he cash in?

I got a bad feeling he will either lose the MITB or be the first to lose after he cashes in. I just hope it builds up and he waits a long time before he cashes it in if he get's the chance i want to see to build for this.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: Daniel Bryan: Mr Money in the Bank
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2011, 07:29:21 PM »
He's the perennial underdog, so I will presume he'll be the first to lose the title match until it actually happens, but you never know. this was a huge surprise, a great surprise, and whatever happens now this makes him a lot more legitimate as a star IMO.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2011, 08:26:31 PM »
Bryan is a very good wrestler and he is over with allot of the WWE Universe and it is good to see the WWE pushing a smaller guy into the big title picture.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2011, 11:35:08 PM »
Shocked us all? I believe I said he had a big chance of winning!  :ace

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2011, 01:42:26 AM »

Ya but since you tend to be wrong most of the time no one listens to you :giggle

But seriously I have no idea where they're going with him and the MITB. Didn't see it coming at all. If they have him use it right away he could have an amazing program with Christian.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2011, 02:27:29 AM »
I'd be all for a Daniel Bryan vs Christian feud for the World title and a Randy Orton vs Mark Henry feud to hold them over while it's happening. Then maybe have Rhodes feud with Jackson over the IC title before he and Ted go all Riley/Miz on us. which would pretty much leave Barret & Sheamus which they could feud with eachother or Team together and win the tag titles which would seem like a pretty good team.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2011, 03:40:45 AM »

Ya but since you tend to be wrong most of the time no one listens to you :giggle

But seriously I have no idea where they're going with him and the MITB. Didn't see it coming at all. If they have him use it right away he could have an amazing program with Christian.

I get a lot of things right, the times I'm wrong is when I speculate but speculating isn't saying it is likely or would happen it is saying it could just because I am a wrestling geek and like to analyse every possible angle they could pull. What I suggest is usually better than what the WWE do. Apart from recently when they have actually listened to a superstar and let him do the best damn stuff we have seen for a while.

But I could do better still  O0 because I am the best in the world and I know it

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2011, 04:09:35 AM »
Spoiler:
At night's Smackdown taping, Daniel Bryan announced that he will be cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase at WWE Wrestlemania 28.

I hope this is true. but it just makes me think he's gonna lose it to someone like Anderson did beings the WWE title match is already set and the winner of the rumble gets the world title match. unless its a triple threat or the rumble winner takes his title match at EC.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2011, 12:25:45 AM »
So, in the course of a week, Bryan's lost to Alberto, who then went on to win the title by cashing on, and Bryan also lost to Barrett. Where are they going with this? I kind of have a feeling that they're going to put Bryan on a losing streak, to kind of tease that he's not "ready" to headline wrestlemania or that he's not good enough, before he mounts a comeback and wins a bucnh of matches in a row. Some people thing a heel turn would be good for him too to win the title, but I think they should stick with the Wrestlemania thing instead of playing up the "didn't see it coming" card. 

A month or two after he won the case, how does everyone think they should handle it?

Offline J.D

« Reply #9 on: 16 August 2011, 12:39:16 AM »
How come every time someone loses people start panicking? Del Rio failed his MITB cash in and everyone said he was hard done by (despite winning the Rumble and MITB) and now Bryan loses and there's complaints? Its two matches and both times Bryan fought well. Barrett needed the win more than Bryan, he has the briefcase.
I'm not denying things could go downhill but losing two matches in a row isn't enough to become concerned over.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 16 August 2011, 01:04:13 AM »
I guess they could go with that way of booking but as i recall the last 3 losing streaks didn't really pay off. MVP got a little push and won a mid card title then becaome a superstars jobber guy then Kaval just left, and Ted hasn't been doing great things either. though if they have a good plan where say he loses until around survivor series and then in a SS match he's up against like 3 guys and comes back and wins and that get's him on a good run and he rides it until mania. i think that would be really good.

But at the same time I really don't have faith in WWE keeping the MITB on him until mania. or i think they might make him cash it in before and lose.

I'm also one of those guys who think losing is not good and won't make you look good no matter what especially when you have Cole burying you every match. let's face it bryan doesn't have to win smart fans he has to win the casual fan and when you got someone constantly saying you suck and you're losing that doesn't help. So i would rather them book him strong to make him look legit because i don't think WWE has booked him too well since his feud with Miz, he's just been in small feuds that really ahve no PPV pay off until this one with barret in which he lost. so yeah i don't think a lot of people buy him as a legit threat to the world title as it is so i think the better move would be to make him look good and give him wins rather than losing.

I still think ADR should have beat someone else on SD that week or they should have found someone else for punk to beat that night on raw (mcintyre) so he wouldn't have taken the loss and ADR could have beat Kofi that week to cap off their feud. (miz could have just beat up rey, or Ryder could have taken Kofi's spot)  makes a lot more sense than him beating bryan last week on SD. but that's in the passed and i guess we will just see where it goes from here.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #11 on: 16 August 2011, 01:24:37 AM »
I don't mind him losing to Del Rio, nor Barrett either. I can see the Barrett feud continuing and it gives Barrett a good win under his belt, he just beat the MitB holder. Perhaps at Night of Champions the briefcase will be on the line?

I agree with what you said about Cole though Adam, his constant burying of Bryan really doesn't help at all, seems stupid that he can move on from Lawler but not Bryan yet his feud with Bryan was like a year ago now. Hell I don't get why he still sucks up to Miz either. Both of those things need some sort of conclusion.

If they go through with the mania match though, I can see Bryan losing, being in a mania title match is big enough to miss out on winning the title, I just don't think he should lose though as I can see the WWE dropping the ball on him.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 16 August 2011, 03:52:03 AM »
I agree with Chappers, every match has to have a winner and loser, and people freak out way too much whenever someone loses a match. Now, ADR was something else because they guy had been chasing the title for like a year, and Morrison was a little worrisome because he was coming back from injury and lost four matches in a row, which was just a little weird, but generally I agree it's unwarranted. Succeeding in WWE isn't about how much you will, but how good you look when you lose. Because unless you're Goldberg you're not going to go unbeaten for most of your career, and the best wrestlers usually end up losing more than they win. Jericho, Guerrero, Flair, even Michaels, weren't exactly known for their impressive win/loss records. Bryan definitely falls in this boat. How is facing guys that are clearly below him every week any better for him? He beat Slater and Kidd the two weeks prior to last week, and nothing against either of those guys because both helped put on good matches for Bryan,  but if we're supposed to buy that Bryan is going to headline wrestlemania, we need to see him face guys who we could also buy headlining wrestlemania,

The simple facts are these:

- ADR was coming off a loss, Bryan a win the week before.
- ADR was being set up to cash in his briefcase sooner than Bryan, and as it turns out, that same week.
- The MITB holders hadn't ever faced each other while both cases were active last year, so it was an opportunity.
- Theoretically, ADR and Bryan are, kayfabe, on the same playing field, although ADR is obviously higher up on the card.
- Again, theoretically, Bryan still has about eight months to build himself up for his title shot.
- As for Summerslam, Barrett's been kind of coasting these past couple of months, and will likely be getting a title shot before Bryan, so he needed a win as well.

Whether Bryan loses the case or not is kind of moot here, because the point is that this past week, the guys who Bryan was facing needed the wins more than he did, and Bryan lost no momentum by losing the matches. Also, he would have gained nothing by facing another Slater or Kidd on Smackdwon, and neither would Del Rio.