Author Topic: Kofi Kingston  (Read 749 times)

Offline The Corkscrew Moonsault

Kofi Kingston
« on: 30 June 2008, 11:41:26 PM »
Well, as you should already know not only has Kofi Kingston been drafted to Raw, he is already the Intercontinental Champion. I have seen some his matches, including his most recent brawl, with Shelton Benjamin and have to say that he is very quick, agile, and entertaining. On the other hand, I really don't think Kofi should be the man to beat on Raw right now, considering he has the only Singles Championship.

I say, he has potential, and I think he could have a good reign, but first a feud is in order.
"One good thing about music is that when it hits you, it doesn\'t hurt." - Bob Marley

Offline Rated Punishment

Kofi Kingston
« Reply #1 on: 1 July 2008, 07:59:14 AM »
I also think that Kofi Kingston has potential to be good, not great but certainly good. He might get abit held back because of his style and how small he is, he style does appeal to fans because of what level he is on in the WWE but if he was to be a maineventer it wouldn't be able to get him over IMO.
Just when you think you have won, you wake up in hospital.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Kofi Kingston
« Reply #2 on: 1 July 2008, 09:56:11 AM »
Well i like Kofi. i don't love him though. he is a good pick to be IC champion right now. i think that he still needs to improve and that he still could get a lot better. he and shelton had some great matches and a great feud. but his 2 matches with jericho just didn't seem all that great. but its good that someone who fits the IC title now has it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Kofi Kingston
« Reply #3 on: 1 July 2008, 02:35:51 PM »
Still in disbelief that both he and punk are champions only a week after the draft. It goes to show you WWE is really willing to make changes. It's going to be a great summer for RAW and WWE.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Pala!

Kofi Kingston
« Reply #4 on: 1 July 2008, 02:39:16 PM »
Quote from: Prax;4001
Still in disbelief that both he and punk are champions only a week after the draft. It goes to show you WWE is really willing to make changes. It's going to be a great summer for RAW and WWE.
I second that, and I really hope th ratings jump for Punk & Kofi's sake.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Kofi Kingston
« Reply #5 on: 1 July 2008, 02:42:07 PM »
Getting an early singles title has worked out for quite a few wrestlers.  I feel the same results will happen with Kofi as IC Champ.  I just hope he gets on the mic more often.

Offline Ms H.B.K.

Kofi Kingston
« Reply #6 on: 1 July 2008, 05:44:38 PM »
On the draft show was the 1st time I had seen him, and I was impressed to say the least. He's been given a bloody good run into RAW with the matches and chances he's been offered on the way in. I'd assume that means that those in the know see the potential in him as well.
Good luck to him!

Offline geek 3.14

• #1 Kane fan
Kofi Kingston
« Reply #7 on: 1 July 2008, 05:47:17 PM »
I was very excited to see him win IC! I think that he is going to go far and this is a great stepping stone.

Offline Rated Punishment

Kofi Kingston
« Reply #8 on: 2 July 2008, 01:03:51 AM »
I seriously didn't think he was going to beat Jericho, it does sort of make Chris look alittle bit like a b!tch because of how new Kofi was and inexperienced, but hopefully he's going for a bigger title.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Kofi Kingston
« Reply #9 on: 2 July 2008, 03:10:21 PM »
Well I was happy that Jericho didn't lose to him by getting pinned on RAW.  Kofi has a lot of talent but there is no way he should be able to hang with the big boys yet.  Still not a bad choice for IC champ though, just keep him away from Jericho.

Offline firewall316

Kofi Kingston
« Reply #10 on: 2 July 2008, 10:08:12 PM »
Honestly, I like the guy. I've been impressed so far. I was glad to see him win the IC title. But I have a feeling hes gonna be another carlito. Eventually he'll lose the IC title and start jobbing. I don't see him as World Heavyweight Champion. At least not for a while. Now that Jericho's lost the IC title, I hope hes going for the WHC... soon as hes done with the HBK fued.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Kofi Kingston
« Reply #11 on: 2 July 2008, 11:58:18 PM »
Him and punk winning the 2 titles and triple h leaving just one week ago...ahhh isn't life just so much better without triple h on raw?

Offline Rated Punishment

Kofi Kingston
« Reply #12 on: 3 July 2008, 01:14:50 AM »
^^Agreed, it will be a fresh start for Triple H facing new members of the locker room like Edge, MVP, .... The Great Khali (hey but if anyone can make Singh look his best in the ring it is HHH) and maybe a renewed feud with Shelton or giving Jeff Hardy a better chance of the title or even longer mainevent status. Everything is coming out Smackdown.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
Kofi Kingston
« Reply #13 on: 3 July 2008, 09:44:55 AM »
Hmm i doubt it. triple h will more than likely just hold those guys on smackdown down other than maybe a few like edge and possibly jeff hardy.
i would love to see shelton get a good push again though and to put him over triple h would be a great way to get that going again.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Kofi Kingston
« Reply #14 on: 5 July 2008, 12:58:37 PM »
I've been thoroughly impressed with what Kofi has produced thus far in his WWE career. But I've got to agree with someone who said he will be a lot like Carlito in the way that he'll be a hot favorite for a while and then will start to die down with fans. I hope this is not the case because I believe he could become a very good superstar. Can't see him being a Main Eventer but a very good Upper Mid-Carder.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet