Author Topic: NFL Discussion  (Read 5071 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
NFL Discussion
« on: 15 May 2011, 07:30:32 PM »
I think that the,lockout will put a scar on the NFL.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: NFL Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2011, 08:03:58 PM »
I went through this in hockey in 2004-05. Difference was that in the end, the players and the fans actually came out the winners. Sure, there were salary caps and salary rollbacks but the players got a lot more than money out of it and it didn't really affect many salaries in the long term. The fans got a more exciting product that still has issues but better than what we were seeing 10 years ago. In the NFL, I'm afraid that there are only going to be losers. This lockout was fabricated by greedy owners who don't care about anything but their bottom line. This is definitely going to hurt the sport.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2011, 09:08:02 PM »
As long as the players union stay together they will win. I've read that players have been training together at gyms and parks to stay in shape.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2011, 08:20:08 PM »
Im loving all this Tim Tebow hate, now that people have seen him play in the NFL and realize he is not a NFL ready QB.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2011, 09:36:53 PM »
I Hated Tebow all through college. he beat my team in the SEC Championship and cost us the national championship. we came back and made him cry the next year but still. I think he has a chance to be a good QB in the NFL if he can find an offense built around him.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2011, 10:08:10 PM »
Hes not a QB, hes not accurate past 5 yards and he doesn't have the speed like a Mike Vick does to tuck the ball and run away all the time.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2011, 09:32:29 PM »
Vikings are now 0-3 and extend their own record of having a double digit lead at the half... and losing.  Pathetic and my hatred for McNabb is just growing and growing....

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2011, 11:21:20 PM »
Well Eagles lose and Vick with a broken Right hand lucky he throws with his left.Hopefully he comes back in a few weeks but Young needs to get in there!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2011, 05:05:24 AM »
Colts put up a good fight against the stealers but go to 0-3 thanks to a last min FG. I'm glad collins is out and i hope Painter gets the start next week. after a bit he looked good after he shook the butterflies.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2011, 10:15:42 PM »
Just heard, Vick's hand is only bruised, not broken! He could come back this week, unbeliable!

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #10 on: 27 September 2011, 03:25:07 AM »
His fall looked extremely minor during his "injury".  I kind of figured judging by the replays that there was no way it was broken.  The real question with Vick is: Does Vick get a lot of no-calls compared to the likes of Brady, Manning, and Brees when it comes to protecting the QB?

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #11 on: 27 September 2011, 05:04:23 AM »
Hits were clean. You can't baby QB's any more than they already are. Fuck until Jay Cutler says anything about hits being a burden than everyone in the league needs to keep there mouth's shut.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 27 September 2011, 06:35:46 AM »
Honestly, I believe the only reason Vick gets the no-calls is because of his pocket tendencies.  If he didn't look so elusive every single time someone broke the line of scrimmage then the refs might think they need to do a better job in protecting him.  Just a theory, could be wrong.

But yeah, I believe McNabb and Cutler are #2 and #3 in the league right now when it comes to having to pass under pressure.  Vick being #1.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #13 on: 27 September 2011, 07:50:19 AM »
I said this last year it would be best for the Eagles to keep Kolb and trade Vick. Vick is made of glass, its week three and he has a concussion and broken hand. I feel if you go with Kolb you have a really young team that can all grow together and play for years.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #14 on: 13 October 2011, 06:38:57 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's wrong with our favorite team the birds hmmm...I think the players they signed have been misued.Asomugha, he should be used more on man to man coverages he had success in Oakland, but the Eagles are playing zone coverages which is wrong.Cromartie, I barely hear his name, put him on Punt Returns or Kick Returns he has the speed to change the game.Steve Smith, where is he, he was great in NY, he has hands like Avant, but no where to be seen! Jenkins has been up and down so far, but these guys are in a new scheme, so Jenkins will get better.Babin has been the lone ranger who has stepped up what 7 sacks? I thought Cole and Babin were great together but Cole got injured.The safeties are ok, Allen is still young, Kurt is hit or miss.I think the speedy Linebackers are whats the problem.They a fast but small, so lines are pushing them around like babies, especially durings blitzes and running plays.Its what week 5, if you let Castillo go, theirs a new scheme for them to learn, which won't help them at all.Offense time...I think the offensive players are making mental mistakes at times, fumbling, missing catchable balls.Things that the Eagles didn't do last year, we are seeing now.This week is the final test, the exam.If they lose to the skins, season's over.Play Kafka because pride won't save jobs at the end of the season.I think if the Eagles just get a win this week, they breathe easier...After the bye, Reid's teams do well, but facing the Cowboys isn't easy.Right now, I'm not sure if this team will right the ship, but plenty of times, I was down on them, especially in 2003, but somewhere or another...they surprise me.