Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: August 20th, 2012  (Read 1643 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: August 20th, 2012
« on: 20 August 2012, 05:36:08 PM »

The End of the game?

After a brutal main event of Summerslam, Brock Lesnar made good on his vow to defeat Triple H by making the Game tap out. While Triple H nearly prevailed towards the end, Lesnar proved his dominance and left HHH a broken man at the end of the night. Is this the end for Triple H? He isn't expected to be on Raw this week due to his condition, however if he is, he certainly won't be getting in any confrontations. As for Lesnar, he and Heyman will be opening the show on Raw. Who will they target next? And what is next for the former UFC Heavyweight Champion?

Also on Raw
Last night, CM Punk sneaked a victory from under John Cena at Summerslam and continues in his efforts to gain the respect he feels he hasn't received. Expect the rivalry between himself and John Cena to be far from over. Could this be the main event for Night of Champions? In the other world title match, Sheamus once again retained the title over Alberto Del Rio, although he did need a bit of assistance from Ricardo Rodriguez's shoe. Is this feud (finally) over? Or will Alberto Del Rio use this as another opportunity to get another title match. Chris Jericho returned to winning ways with a victory over Dolph Ziggler. Will Dolph Ziggler and Chris Jericho continue their confrontations, or can this win propel Jericho onto bigger things? Find out all the fallout from Summerslam this week on Raw ...

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: August 20th, 2012
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2012, 10:45:13 PM »
I think the Lesnar/Heyman stuff will be good, but I want to see something new and different happen. Will be interested where Jericho goes from here, wasn't he supposed to be leaving soon or something?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2012, 11:54:56 PM »
I figure Ziggler will be super pissed and want a re match and Jericho will decline him for a while until Ziggler puts his MITB on the line but only under the condition that if Jericho loses he leaves WWE again.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2012, 12:16:55 AM »
I figure Ziggler will be super pissed and want a re match and Jericho will decline him for a while until Ziggler puts his MITB on the line but only under the condition that if Jericho loses he leaves WWE again.

That would be pretty cool. I'm just hoping we get a new number one contender for the WWE title that isn't Cena or Big Show  (Y)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2012, 01:01:21 AM »

That would be pretty cool. I'm just hoping we get a new number one contender for the WWE title that isn't Cena or Big Show  (Y)

I agree i figure it will be Cena though. Personally I'd like to see Orton vs Punk again it's been a while since it's happened and CM Punk has completely changed since then.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2012, 01:32:19 AM »
That picture in the opening post might be some of the worst photoshop I've ever seen wwe do.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #6 on: 21 August 2012, 01:38:47 AM »
When did Ryback steal Heidenrape's music?

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #7 on: 21 August 2012, 12:20:55 PM »
This was such a boring Raw. 3 hours is way too long. And guess who Punk's mystery opponent is? That's right John Cena. What an original surprise!

Bored of them banging on about Triple H's loss and they should have had a promo and match from Cesaro seeing as he is the only guy wearing fresh gold after the PPV.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 21 August 2012, 04:56:38 PM »
@CMPunk
I did it for Andy Kaufman.

:2funny:

Should have said, "I did it for da Rock."
« Last Edit: 21 August 2012, 04:59:41 PM by RyPrax »

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #9 on: 22 August 2012, 01:16:01 AM »
It looked like he legit kicked him in the back of the head.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 22 August 2012, 01:40:17 AM »
It looked like he legit kicked him in the back of the head.

I may need to re watch it but i was actually thinking the opposite. Thought it looked kind of weak and that he hit him in the shoulder.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 22 August 2012, 02:16:09 AM »

Seems like he kicked him in the head to me.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 22 August 2012, 03:01:49 AM »
Saved me a re watch. Thanks.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 22 August 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
Punk vs Lawler Expected To Take Place
The angle which closed last night's Raw, featuring CM Punk attacking Jerry Lawler, is expected to lead to a match between the two, and it could take place as early as next week on Raw.

Where Were Kelly Kelly and Beth Phoenix Last Night?
Despite being pictured in the graphic promoting the Divas Battle Royal on Raw last night, neither Kelly Kelly nor Beth Phoenix were even backstage for the taping in Fresno.

I heard Beth lost someone close so condolences.

As for Jerry vs. Punk, Punk could wrestle a doormat and make it work, so I'm indifferent.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 22 August 2012, 09:03:47 PM »
I didn't hate the Miz vs Lawler feud so i won't mind a Punk vs Lawler feud. of course Cena will be involved and it's a way to get the crowed to fully turn on Pink.