Author Topic: Last Game you played/bought  (Read 54016 times)

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
Re: Last Game you played/bought
« Reply #540 on: 4 December 2012, 01:22:27 AM »
I picked up a PS Vita. Im currently in between Assassins Creed: Liberation and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Both games play great and look fantastic.  I got the Call of Duty game but it really is shit, the game looks great, but feels sluggish and 4v4 COD is just terrible. The maps are also really fucking small.

Vita has so much potential which is just killed by the lack of quality games.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #541 on: 4 December 2012, 02:56:18 AM »
I'm interested in playing the vita for Uncharted alone, but I've never got into Handhelds for more then a month. If you are looking for a good game to play and haven't played Rayman Origins I'd recommend picking that up on the Vita if its the same as the console game, I think Adam enjoyed it as well a couple months back. Also Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 are worth picking up.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #542 on: 8 December 2012, 09:08:49 PM »
I begrugingly picked up Far Cry 3 and man is this game amazing. Its Skyrim meets Just Cause 2.  I went to play it for a hour yesterday and got sucked in playing for about 3 hours.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #543 on: 9 December 2012, 10:05:27 PM »
I begrugingly picked up Far Cry 3 and man is this game amazing. Its Skyrim meets Just Cause 2.  I went to play it for a hour yesterday and got sucked in playing for about 3 hours.
Yeah I wouldn't mind picking it up at some point, it looks fun and i love having a feel good tropical setting to brighten things up a bit, heard the online is a bit weak but i sometimes prefer that if given a chance.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #544 on: 9 December 2012, 10:55:35 PM »
Yeah i just rented it. never played any far cry game before but it looks good. i have high hopes now.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #545 on: 10 December 2012, 03:00:37 AM »
Oh its amazing, i just hang glided outside of a camp onto a small cliff, pulled out my sniper, sniped the lock off of a tiger cage and let the tigers do there work picking off anyone who tried to run away or sound the alarm.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #546 on: 13 January 2013, 04:31:16 PM »
Left 4 Dead
Well I have decide to take a break from World of Warcraft and decided to buy a bundle of games of steam. Out of the bundle I randomly picked Left4 Dead to play,  I have to say I think Left For Dead is going to be my new addiction the game is just so much fun and so intense.

Offline chappers

« Reply #547 on: 22 January 2013, 01:25:13 AM »
Anyone looking to get Ni No Kuni/already has it? Been keeping my eye on it for a while, looks really good and hearing that it plays like Pokemon has instantly raised my interest, graphics look lovely as well:

Also completed Hitman the other day, very fun but I feel like it lacks just something very minor in comparison to the other hitman games, however, I think its a brilliant purchase. The story takes a while to complete and I feel like there's plenty of replay value on offer, definite recommendation and I'm surprised just how much content is on offer. Most action based single player games that I have played this generation have been enjoyable whilst I've played, but had nothing to bring me back and perhaps been disappointing because of this.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2013, 01:38:02 AM by chappers »

Offline chappers

« Reply #548 on: 5 March 2013, 07:50:00 PM »
I purchased Max Payne 3 for £4.00 whilst it was part of the games on demand sale yesterday. Wanted to purchase when first released but never got around to buying it, had an urge lately to play and finally saw the deal and picked it up. Only 2 chapters in; can't really judge how the experience will be for definite, but I'm enjoying it. Refreshing to play a game with a health system that doesn't replenish over time, and I get the feeling 2 missions in that its going to be quite a challenge even on normal difficulty. Only gripe so far; the cut scenes want to be stylish every flipping second which gets to a point of slight irritation.

Also playing Ni No Kuni on PS3. I'm liking the game so far, just chipping away with it really. Its a relaxing, feel good, enjoyable experience, completely polished which seems rare in the past few years. Not much challenge I've found, but I don't mind that, I sometimes just a want a game I can pick up and play without any stressful situations.

Besides those two games mostly play multiplayer games to kill some time. Mainly playing Halo 4, nearly max rank but definitely putting down once I hit the cap; pretty disappointed with it if I'm honest, think it also affirms that I'll probably only bother with the PS4 next generation. Playing Mass Effect 3 for weekend challenges and to get my gold multiplayer level achievements. Really sceptical about playing the multiplayer on ME3 at first, but I honestly think its thoroughly underrated. Also play BF3 or GTA IV if mates are up for playing, but will probably change with BF3 when the new maps are out in a couple weeks time.

Got Far Cry 3 on my shelf, seeing people on here rave about it has me hyped, definitely playing it once I've completed MP3 and NNK.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #549 on: 7 March 2013, 04:03:48 AM »
Im currently playing Dead Space 3 and its pretty great. People complained about the game is more action packed now but i have no problem with it. The new controls are really nice and make me fell alot more in control while in combat. Im also loving the snowy setting of the game. The space missions are welcomed too, i spent a ton of time just floating in space collecting pieces to update my suit almost fully. Also, the gun bench is rad. Its very easy to get lost making different guns.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #550 on: 8 March 2013, 12:06:39 AM »
Finished DmC, ending was kind of weak but the game was fun coming from a non-DMC fan. That said it's sort of God of War light and kind of forgettable.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

« Reply #551 on: 9 May 2013, 01:51:38 AM »
A couple weeks ago I got all platinums in arcade races on PGR 4, put that off for some time but I finally maxed that game out. Racing on the nurburgring, wet, in supercars was an absolute bastard. Takes a lot of patience and time to learn the track, but eventually got it completed by sheer perseverance. Glad to complete it as I've wanted to complete it before I purchased another racing game, might pick up Midnight Club, Forza Horizon or a DIRT game when I can find the time.

Played Battlefield 1943 and completed. Couldn't warm to it at first as it felt second rate in comparison to Battlefield 3, however it was a real blast once I got into it and I find all Battlefield games are the same, not quite as brilliant as they should be at first but once you get the feel for the game its hard not to enjoy them. Perhaps a bit repetitive for the 100 games played since there are only three maps and three weapon loadouts, but I'd definitely recommend playing this if you want an introduction to the Battlefield games. Paid £3.50 for it, complete steal imo.

Also got the grand pearl pooh bah achievement today on Hexic HD which requires six black pearls surrounding one piece, took a lot of concentration to do but eventually got it and now finished that game.

After completing Hexic and PGR 4, I now only have two games that have been rotting on my shelf waiting to be dusted off for the last couple achievements; Lost Planet and Texas Hold 'em Poker. Lost Planet I seem to hear a lot of praise for the game but I just have no drive to play it, I dunno why as I usually love shooter games.

Trying to complete everything I own before the big one comes out this September, but I'm really tempted by the new Splinter Cell and The Last of Us, think my inner completionist might just hold off on those two titles though, I really want to get rid of the back catalogue of games I currently own.
« Last Edit: 9 May 2013, 01:54:19 AM by chappers »