Author Topic: Jericho-WWE Update  (Read 424 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Jericho-WWE Update
« on: 21 November 2011, 04:09:46 AM »
(I haven't read the Survivor Series results yet, but I did a quick search and it seems like he wasn't mentioned or didn't appear so I'll assume this is still relevant)

Chris Jericho confirmed on his Twitter account earlier today that he was on a flight heading to New York City, coming off the heels of a European tour with his rock band Fozzy. Rumors have been circulating that recent negotiations between Jericho and the WWE have apparently fallen through, leading to the Tweet that we posted last week, were Jericho claimed he would never wrestle for the WWE again.

Some have speculated that the tweet and rumor that negotiations had fallen through are all a publicity stunt in order for Jericho to keep himself relevant and in the news while he is away from wrestling. At this time there is no confirmation that Jericho will return, or if he will be backstage at Survivor Series. Keep in mind that NYC is a very popular location to fly through when returning from the UK.

Recent Tweet they were talking about:

"Let me get something straight...I will never wrestle for the WWE again. But there is some big news coming up in the world of dance...."

Jericho sounds like the type who's going to keep teasing his return and/or retirement until it happens, Terry Funk style. I dont think he'll ever be done with WWE but I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to "retire" from actively wrestling. He has too much going for him even if it isn't at the level of the Rock or anything.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Re: Jericho-WWE Update
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2011, 07:09:51 PM »
Chris Jericho!

Source: PWInsider.com

Despite rumors to the contrary, the cryptic promos airing for January 2012 are meant for Chris Jericho as of this writing.

News came out last week that talks fell through between WWE and Jericho but they are still ongoing as of right now. Also, Jericho recently said he would never wrestle for WWE again and when asked what he would be doing in January, he responded "Working in Hawaii". That's likely a cover-up.

Word is that the deal between WWE and Jericho is not done yet but Vince McMahon wanted to get it out there now. Obviously Vince McMahon feels a deal will be made. WWE officials want Jericho on the RAW brand to help boost ratings

I hope this is true, but RAW, Smackdown doesn't matter.When you a random video on TV for WWE 9 times outta 10 it's for Y2J.You guys think Y2J might feud with Ziggler or Cody, before turning heel to face Punk?

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Re: Jericho-WWE Update
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2011, 07:28:47 PM »
I just want Jericho back in the WWE, I don't care what he does or how they handle him.  WWE needs Jericho!  But I doubt he'll come back as a face, he had way too much fun as a serious heel.  He may tease being a face for about 37 seconds though... just enough time for the crowd to quiet down so he can call them hypocrites.