Author Topic: TNA sucks / Random Discussion  (Read 60776 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #30 on: 26 June 2008, 09:26:29 PM »
Yeah they should never bury the guns no matter if they didn't wanna do blade jobs. it was just ridiculous how long they went without wins up until the past few weeks.

as for the shark boy black machismo things and stuff shark boy hardly ever gets on TV anymore and his gimmick was just supposed to be funny not taken so seriously. And the machismo thing got jay lethal WAY over. i think they should drop it now but at least he got more popular from it. and as you can see within the past few weeks lethal hasn't really been about that he has been more serious.
Oh and the guru sonjay dutt.
well he hasn't been all about the whole guru thing really.and actually the guru thing more of goe with his style of wrestling. its like a smoothness to it. idk how to explain it really. sure i would rather there not be these gimicks but why dwell on them? you still get good wrestling from it.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #31 on: 26 June 2008, 10:18:12 PM »
TNA storylines really don't make any sense.
You had Sonjay turn into a guru just to inevitability have him get pissed off at Lethal so you can have a blow off 80's angle in which I CALLED JAKE ROBERTS SHOWING UP.
Take AJ Styles and Cage, you had them team so Styles can screw Cage andnow they are teaming again!?
TNA's storylines are like the wind, change directions daily. No amount of good wrestling can work around that one simple problem.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #32 on: 27 June 2008, 12:16:17 AM »
Yeah to put AJ with christian doesn't really make that much sense. but what christian has been all about for the past few months ever since he turned face was to move past the past and rebuild friendships.
i wouldn't have put AJ back with him without a angle though.
And the sonjay thing. i don't know if it was just me but i always thought the reason he didn't turn on lethal first was because he was supposed to be the guru and all nice and junk.until finally when jay was gonna wed the woman sonjay loved he couldn't take it anymore.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #33 on: 27 June 2008, 05:20:03 AM »
I realized watching "Impact" tonight that if I wanted to go online & discuss with people how much (& how many ways) it sucks, I would spend more time in a week than I'd want to spend in a month watching it.

Offline Rated Punishment

« Reply #34 on: 27 June 2008, 05:44:49 AM »
Did someone say iMPACT....yes, I'm in. I really hate the whole are they face or are they heel situtation that has plagued TNA since it's entering, one minute AJ is good, then bad, then like 2 weeks later out of nowhere he is good again it takes the whole episode of iMPACt just to see who is on what side.

Also Samoa Joe and Nash, seriously this has been going on for ages, are they, aren't they, will they, won't they. It's old already and no one really cares about that sub storyline anymore.
Just when you think you have won, you wake up in hospital.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #35 on: 27 June 2008, 05:50:31 AM »
Quote from: impactplayer;3070
Did someone say iMPACT....yes, I'm in. I really hate the whole are they face or are they heel situtation that has plagued TNA since it's entering, one minute AJ is good, then bad, then like 2 weeks later out of nowhere he is good again it takes the whole episode of iMPACt just to see who is on what side.

Also Samoa Joe and Nash, seriously this has been going on for ages, are they, aren't they, will they, won't they. It's old already and no one really cares about that sub storyline anymore.

1] It occured to me when 3D had their "War against the X-Dvivison guys" they were doing so b/c they were past their prime, & knew the X guys were the reason many fans watched, so they needed to get in the X guys' part of the show to get any viewers.

2] Joe & Nash: Are they? Overweight? Heck yes... And Nash is far too old. (Wears that shirt so he can recall his own name.) There's a big (pun intended) diff. between a mega-muscle heavyweight & a guy who's just 300 pounds after too many buffets.

Offline Rated Punishment

« Reply #36 on: 27 June 2008, 06:08:16 AM »

Nash in his prime.

Worn down too many injuries.
Just when you think you have won, you wake up in hospital.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact

Offline Slim

« Reply #37 on: 27 June 2008, 08:15:08 AM »
Well when I get bored of watching the same stuff in WWE, I tune in to TNA and find it entertaining because it's something new.

I mean it's still scripted wrestling like WWE, but it has a couple of new twists to it. It's still interesting/entertaining to watch. It doesn't suck.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #38 on: 27 June 2008, 08:17:17 AM »
Quote from: Slim;3116
I mean it's still scripted wrestling like WWE, but it has a couple of new twists to it. It's still interesting/entertaining to watch. It doesn't suck.

Oh, but it does... So many twists these days, I can hear it in Tenay's voice half the time that he doesn't get what's going on.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #39 on: 27 June 2008, 12:20:08 PM »
Simple choice really as far as mainstream is concerned.

If you want good storylines, watch WWE.
If you want good wrestling, watch TNA.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #40 on: 27 June 2008, 08:05:23 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;3137
Simple choice really as far as mainstream is concerned.

If you want good storylines, watch WWE.
If you want good wrestling, watch TNA.

If U want good storylines, watch Raw. (JR blogs this week that SD had more great moves/matches to call than he was used to.)

But if you want good wrestling, watch both companies. TNA has a mix of good talents WWE had/passed on (I've seen some matches of AJ, etc. from Jakked & the like), & some that were good when WWE?WCW/ECW had them, but aren't now. (Again, Nash, Booker, Kurt, etc.)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #41 on: 28 June 2008, 04:15:47 AM »
Quote from: Slim;3116
Well when I get bored of watching the same stuff in WWE, I tune in to TNA and find it entertaining because it's something new.

How is it new?

Their product includes or has included at some point... Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle, Christian, Jeff Jarrett, the New Age Outlaws, Booker T, Rhino, Raven, a guy that pretends to be the Macho Man and a guy that pretends to be Steve Austin...

That's new?

People say a match between Chris jericho and Triple H that hasn't happened since 2003 is old and TNA is new and refreshing now? :huh

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: 29 June 2008, 09:08:28 AM »
If you're used to WWE TNA is new. for the most part TNA is more fast paste than WWE is and there for its different in that way.

And i am so sick of hearing every TNA hater dwell on shark boy and jay lethal. shark boy was basically a joke anyways he thinks he is a freaking shark and they never did anything with him so it really doesn't matter and he never gets TV time anyways and Jay lethals was to try to get him over which it did and it needs to end now which it seems like they are doing.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #43 on: 29 June 2008, 11:51:40 AM »
I actually like the "Black Machismo" gimmick. It's also helped Jay Lethal become one of the biggest merch sellers in TNA. But I agree that it should end soon, it can't go on forever or he really will be nothing other than Randy Savage v2.0.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #44 on: 5 July 2008, 06:04:02 PM »
TNA does not suck, it is just the complete opposite to WWE which is a good thing because if they two products were similar there would be no point in watching TNA. Where WWE is consistent TNA isn't because it is more experimental. However on the odd occasion this can make TNA the best show in the universe when they do get it right e.g. the gimmick matches can suck or be the best thing ever.
And TNA do create their own stars, sure Shark Boy rips off Stone Cold's gimmick, I agree that is totally ridiculous and Shark Boy is a waste of space but TNA has it's own stars such as Samoa Joe, The Motor City Machine Guns, LAX, Kaz, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels etc. These guys are all extremely talented and I'd say TNA has made Christian Cage who he is as they use him to his potential which they never did in WWE (same with Rhino.)
Neither WWE nor TNA sucks, they are both simply different and I enjoy watching both. And despite all the Awesome Kong haters the women's division in TNA is far superior to that of WWE.