Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Will

Twitter
« on: 1 March 2010, 03:33:44 AM »
Hey everyone, just a quick post to alert you of something.

It's not that important, but it has been brought to my attention tonight that there is a Twitter account using our name, @wwemayhem.

I just wanted to clarify that this is not our official Twitter page, nor is is anything to do with WWE Mayhem, myself or WorkedShoot Media. From looking at the page, it links to a wrestling news site, which again is nothing to do with us. WWE Mayhem does not have an official Twitter page. Should an official page be set up in the future, it will be posted here first.

The page itself has few followers so I probably didn't even need to make this post, but I thought I'd let everybody know anyway.

Cheers guys,
Will

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Twitter
« Reply #1 on: 1 March 2010, 05:10:06 PM »
Wonder if it was made by one of our members, Barry, or is just a coincidence.  I don't use Twitter myself, don't see the point when Facebook pretty much uses the same feature as their News Feed.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 1 March 2010, 05:39:47 PM »
Quote from: Rhymin' Greiman;38714
Wonder if it was made by one of our members, Barry, or is just a coincidence.  I don't use Twitter myself, don't see the point when Facebook pretty much uses the same feature as their News Feed.

On facebook you have to be friends with people to see what they're posting. On Twitter you can follow someone and they don't have to follow you back and vice versa. As someone who runs a website (a hockey blog) I can tell you that it's a great tool for marketing and networking. At least from my hockey perspective, everything seems to be done through twitter, and even a large amount of wrestlers have it too.

As for the WWEmayhem account, I checked it out and it links to another website.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 1 March 2010, 06:38:41 PM »
Yeah but the main difference with that to me is that I don't care to let strangers know what I'm doing, I only really want my friends, family, and people I actually talk to knowing when I'm hanging out on the porch listening to swing music while juggling fruit.

I'm the same way with YouTube as well though.  I constantly have friends brag about nabbing their 100th subscriber while I just sit back and tell them "I wasn't posting these videos for strangers to begin with, if they enjoy them then great but if not then oh well".

I think the thing that annoys me most about Twitter is the grammar issues these people have.... I'm a huge grammar Nazi.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 1 March 2010, 06:48:21 PM »
Quote from: Rhymin' Greiman;38719
Yeah but the main difference with that to me is that I don't care to let strangers know what I'm doing, I only really want my friends, family, and people I actually talk to knowing when I'm hanging out on the porch listening to swing music while juggling fruit.

I'm the same way with YouTube as well though.  I constantly have friends brag about nabbing their 100th subscriber while I just sit back and tell them "I wasn't posting these videos for strangers to begin with, if they enjoy them then great but if not then oh well".

I think the thing that annoys me most about Twitter is the grammar issues these people have.... I'm a huge grammar Nazi.

Well, it's kind of tough to be thorough when you're only allowed 140 characters... which is a problem in itself but I understand why they limit it. Sometimes you have to be creative in how you express yourself.

Like I said though, if you don't want to interact with strangers then, ya, Twitter isn't for you. But it has it's uses. In my case, pimping my blog. Other people like to see what other people have to say, news is broken on twitter, celebrities use it. It's really brought social networking to another level.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 1 March 2010, 07:30:03 PM »
I use twitter just to follow wrestlers most of the time they seem to always have some interesting things to say. but for personal stuff i just use my myspace it does everything twitter does and much more and i know loads of people there so yeah.

Ya know why don't we have a twitter account yet? maybe we could pull a few new members in.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 1 March 2010, 07:35:42 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;38728
Ya know why don't we have a twitter account yet? maybe we could pull a few new members in.

Or those of us that do have Twitter can toss an advertisement out there every now and then.  Couldn't hurt.  I remember making advertising videos for Gaming Mayhem, it was pretty fun but since I used game music I was afraid to post it on YouTube (considering my account had two strikes already).  So I posted it on Daily Motion.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 1 March 2010, 07:37:03 PM »
That and a facebook group tbh.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 1 March 2010, 08:37:45 PM »
yeah i would join. what sucks though is besides the people here i don't really know anyone who would be interested in joining a wrestling forum. so for me posting adverts on social sites would seem kind of irellivant especially considering i hardly have any real followers on twitter.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 1 March 2010, 09:06:36 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;38752
yeah i would join. what sucks though is besides the people here i don't really know anyone who would be interested in joining a wrestling forum. so for me posting adverts on social sites would seem kind of irellivant especially considering i hardly have any real followers on twitter.
Yeah I'm the same way.  All my forum friends in reality could care less about wrestling, and all my wrestling friends could care less about forums.  Bastards....

Offline narcolepsy

Twitter
« Reply #10 on: 1 March 2010, 09:14:25 PM »
Still a work in progress but follow http://www.twitter.com/wwe_mayhem .  I gave the password to Prax as well as any other mod/admin that wants it.  If you have any ideas of what to tweet leave them here.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
Twitter
« Reply #11 on: 2 March 2010, 12:20:33 AM »
good job so far. it would be pretty cool if we did like those news sites and post news stories as soon as we can. i am following some wrestling news sites on there and thats what they do.

Offline rockingthedead

Twitter
« Reply #12 on: 7 March 2010, 07:10:45 PM »
i love twitter, mainly cuz stone cold is on there and i can stalk him in real time now.

jk .. or am i?  :ace

I like twitter a lot, but i also hate what its turned into. If you have a website, a business, or if you are throwing a party, it's pretty damn useful to use and get the word out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]