Author Topic: Wrestlemania XXX in New Orleans?  (Read 524 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Wrestlemania XXX in New Orleans?
« on: 7 November 2012, 06:44:50 PM »
In January of 2012, WZ reported that WrestleMania 29 would be taking place at MetLife stadium in New Jersey. We also reported that Dallas, Texas was a front runner for the location for WrestleMania 30.

Obviously, after concern from fans regarding the outdoor weather at that time of the year, it was eventually confirmed that WrestleMania 29 would in fact be taking place in April at MetLife.

WZ has now learned that Dallas will not be the location for WrestleMania 30.

At the time of our report 10 months ago, Dallas was the location named by Vince McMahon himself in private meetings. McMahon's hope was to occupy the huge stadium that is home to the Dallas Cowboys for the milestone WrestleMania and he made that intention clear. Scheduling issues at the stadium in Dallas ultimately prevented the negotiations from being completed.

As of now, WZ can exclusively report WWE is looking at New Orleans and the Superdome to host WrestleMania 30 in 2014.

One source told us that it wouldn't be safe to call it "official" until an actual announcement is made by WWE, but that the negotiations seem to be going smoothly and both sides are in the final business stages.

I still think they screwed the pooch royally by bringing it to New York for 29. Even if they want the big stadiums the anniversaries need to be at MSG. That said, if they get over the PG shit by then, New Orleans + XXX is perfect :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Wrestlemania XXX in New Orleans?
« Reply #1 on: 7 November 2012, 09:19:29 PM »
Boo! i liked the tradition of every 10 years it being in MSG, anything in MSG seems more special.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #2 on: 8 November 2012, 04:27:57 AM »
Bring it to London :Kane:

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 8 November 2012, 07:21:06 AM »
I'm sure we had this discussion before but wouldn't the time change prevent that from happening? they are not gonna show Mania at any new time in the US and they are not gonna tape it and have any spoilers coming out.

But i do love the UK crowd so it would be nice.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 8 November 2012, 08:17:01 AM »
I'm sure we had this discussion before but wouldn't the time change prevent that from happening? they are not gonna show Mania at any new time in the US and they are not gonna tape it and have any spoilers coming out.

But i do love the UK crowd so it would be nice.
I think it would be good to do it once every 20 years or something, just seems a shame to never do it.

As for the time, its always on a sunday, bringing it forward a couple of hours could be done, if not, they could just start it around midnight here and finish around 4 in the morning lol

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 8 November 2012, 03:07:59 PM »
There's no way they would do a Wrestlemania on tape delay, at least not without trying it for a regular PPV first. UFC did it but I think they ended up just showing it for free on TV. If WWE does it they'd have to sell it cheaper for sure, or air it live earlier in the day. Which wouldn't be a big deal IMO, seeing as it's Sunday, so long as it's not Football season.

I want it back in Canada though. Toronto has a huge football arena, we have the olympic stadium here in Montreal that could hold 65K+, and we always have great crowds too.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.