Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Money in the Bank 2010 Discussion Thread  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Dale

*OFFICIAL* Money in the Bank Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: 20 July 2010, 04:07:52 AM »
I thought it was a decent enough PPV but just like I thought, I didn't get that extra bit of excitement that I would have got had it been at Mania. The MITB matches were decent enough but I just felt they lacked that bit of a spark, that one over the top spot we would have gotten at Mania.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #46 on: 20 July 2010, 08:12:49 AM »
Quote from: MickieFan;43103
I thought it was a decent enough PPV but just like I thought, I didn't get that extra bit of excitement that I would have got had it been at Mania. The MITB matches were decent enough but I just felt they lacked that bit of a spark, that one over the top spot we would have gotten at Mania.

It did seem to lack the spark, too much of a good thing perhaps.
They were both good matches though and it isn't the worst PPV concept they have by a long shot.

I don't think it worked quite as well having more established wrestlers in it, MITB's were better when wrestlers like Punk, Kingston, Benjamin, Morrison were in them without the likes of Big Show or Orton. it is essentially the athlete's match to win as the match is basically a bunch of spots held together.
I would prefer to see the likes of Orton in a main event match such as Hell in a Cell and keep midcarders for MITB.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #47 on: 20 July 2010, 06:08:26 PM »
SD MITB was probably the best MITB Match ever. honestly i thought everyone in this match had a chance to legitimately win it at one point besides Kofi Kingston and he was the one who had the big spot of the show.

The 2 big guys got to look dominant and. Dolph and Cody looked good a lot. Kofi and Drew were out of it most the time but Kofi had the big spot and Drew looked like he was gonna take it in the end. and Hardy and Christian were doing great against and with eachother.

I Think my favorite part of the match was the End, you had Hardy and Christian Looking like it was going to come down to those 2 and  then they knocked each other off and you saw Drew coming up and the whole crowed and the whole world thought the same thing that he was gonna take it. then Kane came back and won it which im fine with because i liked that he cashed in later and won because i think he deserves one last run as champion...though his first run really wasn't a run and his ECW run was on...well ECW.

Other favorite part was when Ziggler climbed over Kane and almost got the MITB then locked in the Sleeper, i thought Ziggler could actually win at that point.then kane just rammed his head into the ladder.

Anyways enough about that match.

Diva's matches i skipped.

Swagger vs Rey was Good but i didn't like the end of the match, i didn't like the end of Eddie vs Kurt at Mania XX and i didn't like it here.though after the match i loved the tease with kane coming out first then just taking out swagger then the fans thought oh ok welli guess he's not cashing in after all...then he comes back and cashes in and wins the World title.

Hart Dynasty vs Uso's was pretty good, though i think THD could have better matches than they have had lately and i think they really need to start doing stuff on SD. i would have taken out one or both of the diva matches and gave this more time and also cut the WWE title match a bit.

Raw MITB on the other hand might have been the worst MITB of all time. it was slow and didn't have many great spots. liked the bourne SSP and the thing morrison did off the slingshot of Ted on the outside. the res of the match was kind of boring and honestly i didn't have a lot of interest in the guys in the match, i liked Bourne,Miz,and Morrison but Ted and Henry i don't care about and Orton,Jericho and Edge are all Main eventers anyways. I'm fine with Miz Winning I'm sure its a dream come true for Dale and Michael Cole.lol.

Cena vs Sheamus was also boring and i think it went on for too long, and once again to me sheamus just looks like a weak champion. he escapes after he taps out while nexus sends 5 guys on cena and 1 on to him and then he gets out and runs away. with that said i never been too big of a cage match fan.

overall i think the first half of this PPV is worth watching but the 2nd half i would skip.

Offline Dale

« Reply #48 on: 20 July 2010, 08:18:48 PM »
Dunno why it would be a dream come true for me with Miz winning?

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #49 on: 21 July 2010, 03:08:29 PM »
I agree with adam the SD MITB was much better than the Raw MITB.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #50 on: 22 July 2010, 11:03:16 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;43113
SD MITB was probably the best MITB Match ever. honestly i thought everyone in this match had a chance to legitimately win it at one point besides Kofi Kingston and he was the one who had the big spot of the show.

The 2 big guys got to look dominant and. Dolph and Cody looked good a lot. Kofi and Drew were out of it most the time but Kofi had the big spot and Drew looked like he was gonna take it in the end. and Hardy and Christian were doing great against and with eachother.

I Think my favorite part of the match was the End, you had Hardy and Christian Looking like it was going to come down to those 2 and  then they knocked each other off and you saw Drew coming up and the whole crowed and the whole world thought the same thing that he was gonna take it. then Kane came back and won it which im fine with because i liked that he cashed in later and won because i think he deserves one last run as champion...though his first run really wasn't a run and his ECW run was on...well ECW.

Other favorite part was when Ziggler climbed over Kane and almost got the MITB then locked in the Sleeper, i thought Ziggler could actually win at that point.then kane just rammed his head into the ladder.
Pretty much agree with everything you said here, really liked this match, everyone had their moment to shine which I liked and as you said, it almost felt like everyone had an even chance of winning. Definitely the best MitB match I've seen for a while (since Wrestlemania 24 at least) and one of the best matches I've seen for a while as well.

Kane winning was awesome, can still pull off a good match and fit into the main event scene, and has always been a draw. Looking forward to what they do with him as I don't think many expected him to win this briefcase.

I didn't mind the RAW MitB, it wasn't as good as the smackdown one but I didn't expect it to be and ended up enjoying it anyway.

Swagger and Mysterio really good match i thought, don't mind Mysterio losing the title, he is like Batista in the way he can't carry a belt, but it was nice that he got another run.

Uso's vs Hart Dynasty was good whilst it lastest, I didn't pay much attention but from what i saw of it I enjoyed it. I think the Uso's are pretty good at ring work, just don't like them on the mic.

I thought the cage match was pretty good, although like the tag match, I didn't pay much attention to it. I felt a bit annoyed with the finish, I just felt like it was all setup so it was made to look like Cena should have and could have won. It wasn't necessarily the worst finish (I did like how both Cena and Sheamus were both at the top and how Nexus were trying to get at them), but I find it tiring when they constantly use the same kind of Cena being fingertips away from winning ending to a match.

Divas matches, this should have got the pre Wrestlemania PPV treatment of getting a stream on the WWE website and not being given time on the actual PPV.

In general, this was a really good PPV I thought, one of the better ones WWE has done lately, compared to a few which were good but never really getting to that extra level of excitement which I found this PPV caught.