Author Topic: Official WWE Network Discussion  (Read 14655 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Official WWE Network Discussion
« on: 7 September 2011, 03:38:03 PM »
During Raw tonight, WWE ran a commercial promoting the WWE Network, which will debut in 2012. The commercial promoted that the network will be the home of "all things WWE," including PPV's, shows, classic footage and more.

Obviously we don't know much but this is something I've been dreaming about for a decade. Can't believe it took them so long to do this. The DVD market is retarded, a cable network would be huge for them. I know I'd subscribe day one. Show replays of RAW and SD (and the other shows), even recent (and old) PPVs, original content, would be epic.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: WWE Announced New Cable Network
« Reply #1 on: 7 September 2011, 03:42:12 PM »
The real question many will want to know is if it would it be limited to the US only, as I'm sure that there are many in countries outside of the US that would love to see it in their locality too.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 7 September 2011, 03:53:02 PM »
Probably at first it will be. I doubt we'll even have it in Canada when it first launches. The rights to these kinds of networks have to be negotiated locally with each country and that takes a while, not to mention they all have different rules. In Canada you're legally required to air 15%-30% Canadian content and it hinders the chances of a lot of networks coming here (and frankly hurts the content too).

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2011, 03:47:09 PM »
I've been wanting this all my life.  I'm so excited but i feel like I'm toitally gonna miss out on it and my cable provider isn't gonna have it. can't wait to get more detals on it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Official WWE Network Discussion
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2012, 09:29:07 PM »
I can't find the thread we had for this for some reason, if someone finds it let me know and I'll merge them. Either way, I'll sticky this for a while as news keeps coming in.

t appears WWE will be pushing the Network debut back until the Fall of 2012, according to a report by PWInsider.com. WWE had been targeting April 1st, the same day as WrestleMania 28, as the launch date.

It is believed that WWE won't have the the complete infrastructure prepared and that a launch on WrestleMania day would be a devastating risk to the Network's success.

Despite the delay, projects that were being produced such as the "Legend's House" reality show will still go on to be produced as planned.

Makes sense, let them take their time.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: Official WWE Network Discussion
« Reply #5 on: 10 January 2012, 11:26:42 PM »
I can't find the thread we had for this for some reason, if someone finds it let me know and I'll merge them. Either way, I'll sticky this for a while as news keeps coming in.
WWE Announced New Cable Network

t appears WWE will be pushing the Network debut back until the Fall of 2012, according to a report by PWInsider.com. WWE had been targeting April 1st, the same day as WrestleMania 28, as the launch date.

It is believed that WWE won't have the the complete infrastructure prepared and that a launch on WrestleMania day would be a devastating risk to the Network's success.

Despite the delay, projects that were being produced such as the "Legend's House" reality show will still go on to be produced as planned.

Makes sense, let them take their time.
I agree, there is no need to rush it and launching it on the same day as WrestleMania does sound risky since they would need the focus to be on WrestleMania to make it the best they can be. The delay should mean that they can make the WWE Network the best it can be too.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 10 January 2012, 11:57:51 PM »
Thanks bud, merged. Was further back than I thought lol.

Anyway, I agree about not launching it on Mania day. What do you do for the 4 hours during the PPV, air nothing? Will be cool in the future for pre-shows, maybe they can bring back Sunday Night Heat!

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #7 on: 2 February 2012, 08:54:25 PM »
One of the new shows being developed for the upcoming WWE Network will exclusively feature Cruiserweight wrestlers, according to a report by pwinsider.com.

WWE has been scouring the independent scene looking for talents weighting around 200 pounds that will be featured on the new show.

We reported several weeks ago that WWE held a pilot TV taping at Florida’s Sunlife University back in December for an undisclosed project. WWE reportedly love the feel of the building and is looking to film the new cruiserweight show there.

As of this week, the plan is still for WWE to launch the Network this fall.

wrestlenewz.com

This sounds awesome. I hope it means more TV time and oppertunities for guys like Tyson Kidd  :)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #8 on: 2 February 2012, 09:07:35 PM »
It won't matter if these ''cruiserweights'' never get on Raw and Smackdown consistently though..

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 2 February 2012, 09:13:50 PM »
If WWE thinks that Cruiserweights aren't good enough for their own part of RAW/SD, then a show of their own on the WWE network will go a long way towards proving them wrong. The better that show does the more likely we are to see cruiserweights on the main show.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #10 on: 2 February 2012, 09:14:04 PM »
It won't matter if these ''cruiserweights'' never get on Raw and Smackdown consistently though..

The show is a good tester by WWE thought, see how popular the cruiserweights are and if they can draw then put them on Raw/Smackdown.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #11 on: 2 February 2012, 09:51:39 PM »
I hope it's a success i just can't see it being one. and even if it's a hit i don't see many of these "Cruserweaghts" being on eithe rmain show or PPV or given a big storyline. It will probably end up being like NXT, Superstars or the old ECE.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 29 March 2012, 04:01:47 PM »
“There will be a WWE network in some shape or form. We are in late-stage negotiations with distributors,” said Michelle Wilson, chief marketing officer at WWE. “Getting a distribution agreement for a cable network is not easy.”

She said the situation is far better than the one presented by the New York Post, which reported earlier this month the company is behind schedule in its plans to launch the network on April 1, timed to coincide with Wrestlemania XXVIII in Miami.

There never was a deadline, according to Wilson, who said the company is hiring staff to operate the network.
“We’ve filled 30 positions so far specifically for the network. They come with cable experience at ESPN, Viacom, Discovery and Warner Brothers TV,” said Wilson, who anticipates that up to 120 new employees will eventually be hired for the new network.

More details here: WWE forging ahead with cable network plan - StamfordAdvocate

Seems like we haven't heard any news in a while but I hope it happens soon.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 28 June 2012, 05:14:09 PM »
- Word is that DirecTV has no interest in carrying the WWE Network, which would knock about 30% of its potential revenue off. There's been talk that very few cable carriers are committing to paying a per subscriber rate for WWE's Network, which is what the company was counting on for profitability. The alternative is to be like HBO or Showtime and charge a subscription fee directly to consumers.

There's still no official word on when the Network will launch but they cut a new commercial for it this past week that should begin airing soon.

I don't have direct TV but i do know that would be a big blow for them not to pick up the channel. I for one am really looking forward to the WWE Network i hop it comes to brighhthouse, which is what i have.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 28 June 2012, 06:06:44 PM »
I don't really understand what the problem is, considering some of the shitty channels you can get on cable. WWE has an established fan base.