Author Topic: 2012 Games Of The Year  (Read 1129 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
2012 Games Of The Year
« on: 11 December 2012, 05:24:56 PM »
For BWP this year, just like last, we're putting together a list of the best games of the year. But in order to ensure accuracy, I'm compiling the opinions of as many people as possible. I'm hoping you guys can help me out!

The basic idea is to list your favorite games of the year in order, as many as possible. If you list 3 games, for example, #1 would earn 3 points, #2 -2 points, #3, 1 point. On top of that, give them a score out of 10 like we do in the last game played thread. Both the points, and the scores will factor in, along with metacritic scores, BWP's original grade and my personal judgment. On top of that if you'd like to nominate a game for an award (Best Shooter, Best Indie Game, Best Studio, whatever you can think of), add it and we'll compile a list for that as well. I think this can be really cool as we all have different opinions and we've all played a lot of games this year.

Let me know what you guys think and if you're interested, I'd like to get the list done sometime next week!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Re: 2012 Games Of The Year
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2012, 06:56:21 PM »
I would probably say:

1) Mass Effect 3 - 9.5/10
2) Darks Souls - 9/10
3) Uncharted 3 - 9/10

Best shooter would probably be Battlefield 3, Halo 4 is incredibly average and does not deserve best shooter, in fact I'd vote against that lol. Halo 4 and Skyrim are most overrated for sure.

I still want to play Hitman and Far Cry 3 first before I'll make my final judgement, but I think it will probably stay that way.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2012, 07:10:02 PM »
I would probably say:

1) Mass Effect 3 - 9.5/10
2) Darks Souls - 9/10
3) Uncharted 3 - 9/10

Best shooter would probably be Battlefield 3, Halo 4 is incredibly average and does not deserve best shooter, in fact I'd vote against that lol. Halo 4 and Skyrim are most overrated for sure.

I still want to play Hitman and Far Cry 3 first before I'll make my final judgement, but I think it will probably stay that way.

Literally all but like 2 of the games you mentioned came out in 2011 :P

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2012, 07:49:52 PM »
Haha i was about to say the same thing. I'll look back at the games i played this year and get on there and rank some. off the top of my head i would say borderlands 2 and max payne were 2 of my favorites.

*EDIT* I'll just leave the list here since i didn't see the topic on BWP

5. Dishonered. 9/10(Best story, Best action adventure)
4. Call of duty: Black ops 2. 9/10 (Best multiplayer, Best shooter)
3. Darksiders 2. 9/10 (Best RPG, Best Story)
2. Max Payne 3. 10/10 (Best story, Best action adventure)
1. Borderlands 2. 10/10 (Best shooter, Best Co-op, Game of the year)

I still haven't played AC3, Halo 4, Far cry 3, The Witcher 2,Sleeping dogs, KOA: Reckoning or Hitman

A lot of good XBLA/PSN games this year that seems to be getting a lot of GOTY praise. Walking dead game, Trials evolution, Journey, Fez, and the game i probably spent most of my time on Minecraft 360 edition. so if there's a category for those i would like to nominate minecraft.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2012, 08:18:25 PM by Adampro123 »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2012, 08:56:50 PM »
Definitely play Journey and The Walking Dead, both will be in the top 5 of the list, I can guarantee you that. Also Spec Ops, might give that one best story. Good list though, feel free to update it if you think of anything else throughout the week, probably going to put it together next week.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2012, 09:15:41 PM »
Blah, its kind of hard to judge the best games of any year when all the decent ones come out in the last month. Other games I've played/got which were released this year: Counter Strike Global Offensive for FPS, only played a bit of it; annoyingly none of my friends purchased it; therefore doesn't get much replay value, but I enjoyed what I played. I've got the Metal Gear Solid HD collection but haven't bothered playing yet, but MGS 2 was a solid 9/10 when I played about 10 years ago, so I reckon its probably a higher score for the HD collection seeing as you get three games with it.

As I've said before, I'll probably pick up Far Cry and Hitman at some point, Hitman is £20 on Amazon so I might do that now.

Anyone that hasn't played Mass Effect 3 I recommend playing the entire trilogy. Ending is very disappointing, but five minutes doesn't detract from one of the best gaming experiences going. The fact I was so disappointed by the ending just shows that the rest of the series had raised the bar as high as possible. Definitely recommend.

Revised list:

1) Mass Effect 3
2) Counter Strike: GO
3) Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
4) Halo 4
« Last Edit: 11 December 2012, 09:18:01 PM by chappers »

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2012, 02:38:08 AM »
1. Far Cry 3
9/10
2. Minecraft
9/10
3. Dishonored
8/10
4. Halo 4
8/10
5. WWE 13
9/10

Far Cry 3 is the shit. Its like someone went "Man Just Cause 2 isn't enough fun for me" and applied it to Far Cry 3. The game looks great, has a awesome story and a ton of shit to do. What sold me was a mission where i was trying to sneak through a river and I got attacked by a crocodile.  Just random awesome shit happens. I killed hours in Minecraft just doing random stuff. The music actually makes that game really relaxing. Dishonored is really fun but short. Nothing like running around with a flint lock pistol and sword. Halo 4 is Halo. Its one of the weaker stories but still alot of fun. The new guns are all great (Scattershot for the motherfucking win!) and multiplayer is still one of the best. WWE 13 won't make any list's but the story mode sold that entire game for me. Playing through the Attitude Era brought back so many memories. I mean i got to win the title with Mankind on RAW. So great.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2012, 02:39:51 AM by Leonardo Lunchbox »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 17 December 2012, 04:25:49 PM »
Thanks for the lists guys, I'm putting it all together this week. If anyone else has any input it would be appreciated!

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #8 on: 18 December 2012, 06:36:17 PM »
No mention of Mist Of Pandaria :(

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 18 December 2012, 07:55:37 PM »
I think the market for Panda-related expansion packs for 10 year MMOs was saturated before that came out.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 3 January 2013, 04:48:37 PM »
15 to 6: BWP's Top 15 Games of 2012: Part 1 - 15 to 6 | Better With Popcorn

15. Hitman Absolution
14. Darksiders 2
13. Sleeping Dogs
12. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
11. Halo 4
10. Spec Ops: The Line
9. Dragon's Dogma
8. Dishonored
7. Far Cry 3
6. Assassin's Creed 3

Top 5: The Zombie-Shooting, Journey-Taking, Paragon-Shifting Top 5 Games of 2012! | Better With Popcorn

5. Max Payne 3
4. The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)
3. Mass Effect 3
2. Journey
1. Borderlands 2

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #11 on: 4 January 2013, 01:25:45 AM »
Borderlands 2 wins yet another GOTY award!!!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 4 January 2013, 02:07:52 AM »
Borderlands 2 wins yet another GOTY award!!!

The most important one :ace