Author Topic: Random WWE Discussion thread  (Read 30938 times)

Offline Captain Carefree

• LARIATOOO!
Random WWE Discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: 25 August 2009, 12:20:58 PM »
He has had that as his status before though :/

[/U]

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #16 on: 25 August 2009, 02:10:03 PM »
It was probably Ric Flair.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #17 on: 26 August 2009, 02:46:37 AM »
Not WWE but whatever...

This was a headline on WZ:

PHOTOS: Samoa Joe In Latest Penthouse Magazine

Needless to say I didn't open the link :|

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #18 on: 26 August 2009, 02:50:21 AM »
I did, it was an interview..

/no homo

Offline Dale

« Reply #19 on: 26 August 2009, 02:57:26 AM »
I saw the exact same thing. Luckily on the news site I was on it said it was something to do wih practical jokes backstage in TNA or something. Kinda weird.

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #20 on: 30 August 2009, 03:51:48 PM »
One thing that pissed me off in WWE not too long ago, and I feel now this is the exact place to discuss this, was the whole Cena/Miz angle. This was pretty much the same as the Chris Jericho/Goldberg angle from WCW, only difference being WCW fucked up and dropped the angle before there was a blow-off match, and Miz got thrown into a match with Jerry Lawler before Cena just squashed him on PPV.

While I'm at it, might as well add a few more comments, save double posting.

I've already made my feelings on the DX beating Legacy argument. Say what you will about them "getting experience working with top names", thats a pile of shit, how does winning elevate Shawn Michaels (3 time WWF champion, 1 time world champion, 4 time tag team champion, 3 time Intercontinental champion and 1 time European champion) or Triple H (5 time World champion, 8 time WWE champion, 2 time European champion, 5 time Intercontinental champion, 1 time tag team champion). What harm to their careers would a loss to a young, up and coming heel team? For fuck sake, have them cheat and get the win like heels should, it wont hurt Triple H or HBK's credibility in any way.

MVP and Swagger were in the middle of a feud, so why all of a sudden is MVP teaming with Mark Henry and going after the tag titles? Where are all the real tag teams? Oh, thats right, the only LEGITIMATE tag team on RAW now (since for some unknown reason the Colons split) are being beaten by DX. What now for Swagger? After watching Summerslam and seeing them not getting much of a reaction, it makes me wonder if WWE pulled the plug thinking they weren't over enough? How about promoting the fucking match instead of retarded Chavo vs midget matches (R.I.P Chavo, Pepe and Jos

Offline Axel

« Reply #21 on: 31 August 2009, 03:14:31 AM »
Quote from: utmgorsty;33670
One thing that pissed me off in WWE not too long ago, and I feel now this is the exact place to discuss this, was the whole Cena/Miz angle. This was pretty much the same as the Chris Jericho/Goldberg angle from WCW, only difference being WCW fucked up and dropped the angle before there was a blow-off match, and Miz got thrown into a match with Jerry Lawler before Cena just squashed him on PPV.

While I'm at it, might as well add a few more comments, save double posting.

I've already made my feelings on the DX beating Legacy argument. Say what you will about them "getting experience working with top names", thats a pile of shit, how does winning elevate Shawn Michaels (3 time WWF champion, 1 time world champion, 4 time tag team champion, 3 time Intercontinental champion and 1 time European champion) or Triple H (5 time World champion, 8 time WWE champion, 2 time European champion, 5 time Intercontinental champion, 1 time tag team champion). What harm to their careers would a loss to a young, up and coming heel team? For fuck sake, have them cheat and get the win like heels should, it wont hurt Triple H or HBK's credibility in any way.

MVP and Swagger were in the middle of a feud, so why all of a sudden is MVP teaming with Mark Henry and going after the tag titles? Where are all the real tag teams? Oh, thats right, the only LEGITIMATE tag team on RAW now (since for some unknown reason the Colons split) are being beaten by DX. What now for Swagger? After watching Summerslam and seeing them not getting much of a reaction, it makes me wonder if WWE pulled the plug thinking they weren't over enough? How about promoting the fucking match instead of retarded Chavo vs midget matches (R.I.P Chavo, Pepe and Jos

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #22 on: 31 August 2009, 03:26:04 AM »
Quote from: Axel;33690

This.

Chavo has been in the business for long damn time now. He's never gotten in trouble at all, he's never violated the wellness policy to my knowledge, he's been nothing but humble. It pisses me off when they use him like a clown for Hornswoggle when the man should be feuding for US title. He should be man to carry the Guerrero because we all know Eddie would have loved to see it but WWE continues to disrespect him.

It's disgusting.

Actually, Chavo was suspended in 2007. Possibly a second time but I'm not sure.

And if you look at his career, he's always been the butt of many jokes in the industry, all the way back to WCW. Lt. Loco? Losing the cruiserweight title to Jacqueline?

I actually kind of agree with you though, kind of a shame to see a veteran of so many years who's always taken everything that he's been handed and never seemingly complained. I would imagine they don't owe him anything anymore since it's been a while since Eddie passed and Vickie's gone too, if they're not going to use him in a role that doesn't mock him, just release him.

But I don't know, maybe he likes all these retarded angles.

Offline Axel

« Reply #23 on: 31 August 2009, 05:07:05 AM »
Well to be quite honest, If I was a wrestler I would want to be treated better but if your making a big paycheck and supporting your family, I guess you wouldn't care.  But I find it stupid to have him get a decent spot in WWE as ECW Champ and then become a joke 2 years later.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #24 on: 31 August 2009, 05:09:52 AM »
Quote from: Axel;33694
Well to be quite honest, If I was a wrestler I would want to be treated better but if your making a big paycheck and supporting your family, I guess you wouldn't care.  But I find it stupid to have him get a decent spot in WWE as ECW Champ and then become a joke 2 years later.

Danielson said it himself in an interview today, sometimes you just gotta pay the bills. If he doesn't like it he can always give in his notice.

Offline Axel

« Reply #25 on: 31 August 2009, 05:18:07 AM »
That's if he wants to gamble and hope that some other company signs him.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #26 on: 31 August 2009, 04:20:47 PM »
TNA would sign him and make him champion probably :lol

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #27 on: 31 August 2009, 06:57:59 PM »
Chavo's run as ECW champion will be remembered for one thing. Him dropping the title in 8 seconds at Wrestlemania.

I actually feel sorry for Chavo, the guy can wrestle, but every company has made him a walking punchline. In WCW he had Pepe and Jos

Offline Axel

« Reply #28 on: 31 August 2009, 08:05:48 PM »
Quote from: John Doe;33706
TNA would sign him and make him champion probably :lol
And what's the problem with that?

The man deserves some creditable title reigns. It would make sense to sign him and bring him in World Elite as a Mexican wrestler who hates America cause of how he was treated in WWE and in his personal life. Make him a X-Division Champion, It would totally work.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #29 on: 31 August 2009, 09:16:31 PM »
It was more the matter of TNA signing ex-WWE stars and making them champions. And come on about Chavo guys! Sure the guy can wrestle and stuff but he is  never going to be the main eventer. Just because he is from a legendary family doesn't mean he should be given everything. There are much better guys. I do agree he shouldn't be buried though, the guy is midcard but TNA signing him and making him champion would be an absolute joke and what's even funnier is that they would clearly do that.

When Eddie died they shouldn't have given anyone a push just for his death, not Rey Mysterio not Chavo. For me Chavo is somebody who should be treated like Finlay. A veteran who gets the occasional decent win but mainly puts the young guys over.
Hornswoggle and Chavo does irritate me though, nobody cares. Hornswoggle shouldn't fight he should just be someone used as a duo with somebody who does fight, like an apprentice to someone who comes to ringside but doesn't get involved in the match. It irritates me when Hornswoggle comes in the ring and starts doing stuff.