Author Topic: What can TNA do to improve to a greater mainstream wrestling company?  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Axel

Everytime you watch Impact after watching WWE days before, you often sometimes don't like some of the things they do or find it...crappy. Like no emotions from the announcers when something happens backstage or anything happens, they always switches to something else with no remorse.

Their PPV sets are always the same which is another thing I don't like. So what can TNA do to improve their company's name?

Offline narcolepsy

What can TNA do to improve to a greater mainstream wrestling company?
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2009, 03:30:08 AM »
I haven't watched TNA since 2007 (Kurt Angle's debut match) and I will list a bunch of things I think TNA needs to do if I ever wanted to watch again:

1. Replace Don West

2. Replace Don West with anyone else in the human race

3. Make it so Mike Tenay doesn't talk to the audience like they've never seen a wrestling match before in their life

4. Give newer stars a chance; as much as I like the concept of the X Division, I think it also holds TNA back a little.  It almost thought of as more of a Cruiserweight Title (I know non-Cruiserweights have held the title) but its considered more than one step below the Heavyweight Championship.  It's time to get a legitimate mid card title.

5.  More live shows; I know its probably not within their budget right now, but iMPACT episodes just seem too edited.  One of the reasons why I don't watch Smackdown that often is because most of the behind the scenes stuff and crowd reactions have a lot of edited material and it just doesn't seem to flow.

6. It shouldn't be an obligation to have at least 2 ridiculous gimmick matches on a ppv card.  The concept of Lockdown is a very intriguing idea, but in the past they had that electrocution cage and such that it bordered on insanity and overbooking.

I'm sure I have a lot more problems with TNA but these are just the first few I'll touch on right now.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2009, 03:35:10 AM »
Build their *OWN* brand guys, not people who have recognition from other brands (and yes I'm including Joe and to a lesser extent A.J. in this, and Daniels), and push them to the stars. This is where WWE owns them and will always own them. They can take a guy who no one knows, like Cena or Batista or who ever, and make them household names, TNA hasn't even tried to do that. And that's what they need to do, because people will never associate Angle, Booker, or even Jarrett to TNA, they will associate them to what they accomplished in the past. And now they bring in Lashley, lol.

That and better production values, i.e.get rid of Don West who makes your broadcast look amateurish.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Axel

« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2009, 04:02:52 AM »
Bobby Lashley is a great pick up. He would have been great in WWE if he wasn't treated like crap after he was injured.

It would be disappointing if he is working with MEM unless he turns on them later on.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2009, 04:57:24 AM »
Don West & their own stars (or lack thereof) are top problems. They could kill 2 birds with 1 stone by making their stars out of some XDiv. guys... But not if they have to keep splitting some tag teams to do it. (Guns, Lethal C., etc.) That's one of the problems with the MEM bit; They all have to work against the older Mafia, & so fighting each other for X Title & the like seems like what Mafia would want.

And enough of West arguing with Tenay, or talking much at all; Has always sounded like he need a cough drop.

Offline JayDee

« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2009, 09:43:34 PM »
Honestly what killed it for me was when they started having back to back to back over-the-top gimicks that I didn't care about. I like the stars with their own (real) personalities and I wouldn't even mind maybe one gimmick every once in awhile that is a little out there but half the roster was like that. I think they should use storylines to push the matches, not use matches to push the storylines.

And that whole thing with Kurt and Karen was just lame beyond all measure.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2009, 10:24:13 PM »
Which they then added to by using the real names & pics of Jeff's kids. (Side-note: I thought his Dad at the very least co-founded the company, before he brought some guy over to WWE.)

Also, not only do they bring in a new "former Champ" a month, but they spend every hour until then plugging it... Can't they let their guys they have do something? (Perhaps, they need to take a week off. Then, everybody will be new when they come back, so they can all get the big pushes like Angle, Cage, egtc.)

Offline Axel

« Reply #7 on: 22 April 2009, 01:19:43 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out why on earth is Jay Lethal a mid-card wrestler still?...He's more that enough to be main event material. His mic skills are good when he's not doing his Randy Savage voice and is serious. Lethal could be TNA's own HBK if they use him correctly.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #8 on: 22 April 2009, 03:11:47 AM »
The Savage bit has looked to me like an increasingly-large mistake since the first time I saw it... But let's not overdo it on the other sie, either, as an HBK compariosn is most definitely doing.

Midcard is midcard; I see him as a Morrison type guy, if we're making WWE comparisons.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #9 on: 23 April 2009, 10:36:12 PM »
Not make a gimmick after a shitty wrestling game, or a video game in general.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #10 on: 24 April 2009, 12:12:15 AM »
Quote from: THE Leonardo LunchBoX;26830

One can only be as good as the other.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 25 April 2009, 04:17:59 PM »
Not put 40+ year olds as your world champion. I was watching Impact on thursday, just cause someone told me Scott Steiner was jumping around on a pogo stick and it kind of amused me, and it was horrid. The main event is a clusterfuck, there was like 10 people that were either in the main event or ran in at some point. Horrid. And to top it all off Mick Foley is the center of attention on your show? That's a big fail. I heard the ratings dropped too.

One thing they're doing properly though... Lashley hasn't said a word or wrestled at all since his debut :lol

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #12 on: 26 April 2009, 05:00:07 AM »
Foley should be a focal point for the same reason any fans back Taker in WWE.

I can't tell you how many people were ticked he (or his related merchandise) didn't show tonight.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 26 April 2009, 04:30:34 PM »
Quote from: TJChurch;26888
Foley should be a focal point for the same reason any fans back Taker in WWE.

I can't tell you how many people were ticked he (or his related merchandise) didn't show tonight.

You can't tell us because you didn't see any people who were ticked off?

And Foley is in no way comparable to undertaker. The only reason he was ever popular was because of Undertaker.

Offline Axel

« Reply #14 on: 26 April 2009, 07:53:20 PM »
Quote from: THE Leonardo LunchBoX;26830
That's funny cause they put together the gimmick before they added it to the game. He didn't appear on TV after the game was released. Besides, Suicide is awesome.