Author Topic: Favorite One Season as a Sports Fan?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Favorite One Season as a Sports Fan?
« on: 19 August 2012, 01:29:30 AM »
You know besides my love for Pro Wrestling, I had another love..no it's not posting Diva Pics, it's my love for Football.I went back and looked at a bunch of VHS tapes of past games from the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers and Flyers.This one season from my Philadelphia Eagles has be my favorite a fan.Oh my God really, even passed the 08 Phillies Championship, hell ya.For the past NFC Championships before the game the Eagles had in 04/05 Season, I had to every year the day after their losses, wear my Eagles Coat..and still represent my team.Taking snotty comments of their losses, I held my head up high, with no fear of what the comments would be.Now in this NFC Championship game, I was over my Cousins House, and I have never had such anxiety for a Sports game.I cheered and lost my voice, praying to God to guide them to victory.When I they won, I cried..which I don't do often.That usually happens when a Wrestler who I loved to see perform dies like Eddie, Owen, but tears flew down my Face...so many you could fill a jug of Ice Tea from Wawa with my tears.That was an era for the team that will be missed, especially when I looked at the old Eagles, McNabb, Dawkins, Westbrook.To this day, I still the Eagles fans are hurting inside from that Super Bowl lost, I hope this year's Eagles team, talented and deep...maybe turns the corner for the organization, and hope Vick gets that SB title he deserves.Now I like to hear your one season that you loved, being a follower of a certain sports team.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Favorite One Season as a Sports Fan?
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2012, 05:58:20 AM »
Probably when Alabama won the NCAAF national championship in 2009 or maybe when they won it again last year.

If my ATL Braves can win the world series this year then it may take the top spot.

Also the colts winning the super bowl i would add towards the top too

As for Basketball probably that year the Sacremento Kings SHOULD have beat the Lakers if the refs didn't screw them (and that's not sour grapes, thats fact the ref that did it is in jail now i think.lol)

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2012, 06:02:52 AM »
When the Giants won the Super Bowl last year, when the Yankees won the World Series in 2009, when the Red Bulls take the MLS cup this year, and the ending of the Premiere League was great last year.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2012, 04:04:02 PM »
2003-2004 NBA Season as a Pistons fan.  I loved the fact that they were manhandling great teams without a superstar and primarily with what will go down as one of the best team defenses to ever play.  Looking back it really makes me miss the likes of Chauncey Billups in Pistons red, white and blue, Big Ben Wallace at the peak of his game... rejecting shot after shot, and what's not to love about Sheed?!