Linked Events

• WWE WrestleMania XXX (30): 6 April 2014

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania XXX (30) Discussion  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania XXX (30) Discussion
« on: 25 February 2014, 03:02:43 PM »
WWE WrestleMania XXX (30)

Sunday, 6th April 2014

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. (Daniel Bryan or Triple H)

THE STREAK

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

WINNER IS ADDED TO THE WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP - VICKIE GUERRERO DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP INVITATIONAL MATCH

AJ Lee (c) vs. Cameron vs. Naomi vs. Nikki Bella vs. Brie Bella vs. Natalya vs. Alicia Fox vs. Layla vs. Eva Marie vs. Emma vs. Summer Rae vs. Aksana vs. Rosa Mendes vs. Tamina

"The Shield" Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns vs. Kane & "The New Age Outlaws" Road Dogg & Billy Gunn

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - FATAL 4-WAY TAG TEAM MATCH

"The Usos" Jimmy & Jey Uso (c) vs. "The Real Americans" Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro vs. "Rybaxel" Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. "Los Matadores" Diego & Fernando

ANDRE THE GIANT MEMORIAL BATTLE ROYAL

Confirmed Participants:
  • Alberto Del Rio
  • Big E
  • Big Show
  • Brad Maddox
  • Brodus Clay
  • Christian
  • Cody Rhodes
  • Curtis Axel
  • Damien Sandow
  • Darren Young
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Drew McIntyre
  • Fandango
  • Goldust
  • The Great Khali
  • Heath Slater
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Justin Gabriel
  • Kofi Kingston
  • Mark Henry
  • The Miz
  • Rey Mysterio
  • R-Truth
  • Ryback
  • Santino Marella
  • Sin Cara
  • Sheamus
  • Titus O'Neil
  • Zack Ryder

WATCH THE FIRST HOUR OF THE WRESTLEMANIA KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)

« Last Edit: 6 April 2014, 10:02:22 PM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania XXX (30) Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2014, 07:11:32 AM »
I don't know what WWE were thinking when they booked Batista to win the Rumble, even in his latter years before he left he wouldn't have main evented mania. The guy is completely gassed out, he won't bring anyone back to watch wrestling, and he has absolutely no charisma to make up for his general shiteness. One of the worst decisions going to give him the Rumble victory. Personally, I think Daniel Bryan will be injected into the Orton vs Batista match, its the only way anyone will give a shit about it and the end of the Chamber PPV seemed like it was booked for Bryan to eventually get that belt further down the road.

I haven't seen RAW yet but I think the WWE should book The Shield vs The Wyatts just for the hardcore fans, that match was a hit at the chamber and I think a rematch could be justified. As for the Shield, I think Roman Reigns has the biggest future out of the three of them, he ticks all the boxes for an eventual main eventer.

Lesnar vs Taker should be a brilliant match, looking forward to that one.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2014, 09:59:45 PM »
even in his latter years before he left he wouldn't have main evented mania.
Are you forgetting that he did main event WrestleMania 21 after winning the 2005 Royal Rumble (once it had been restarted, as obviously both he and John Cena ended up hitting the floor originally)?
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2014, 08:45:44 PM »
It seems to me that Bryan is pretty much guaranteed a victory over Triple H at WrestleMania now that the match is confirmed and the stipulation was added that if Bryan wins, he'll be added to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match.

Otherwise, I could see plenty of people simply switching off the PPV early when it reached the match between Orton and Batista.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2014, 06:08:36 PM »
I could see Bryan beating Triple H to get into the main event, just to make the main event watchable.  This was a great save to make sure that people actually pay for the PPV/Network.  I wish they would add the Money In The Bank match... the PPV is now worthless since we are only stuck with one main event title.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2014, 10:13:42 PM »
It looks like they've solved the issue of it looking to be guaranteed that Bryan will win, due to Triple H stating that "when" he wins he will be the third participant instead of Bryan.

I would still expect it to be likely that Bryan will win though, as I think that the potential of people switching off the PPV early is only slightly decreased if Triple H is the third man in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match.

I wish they would add the Money In The Bank match... the PPV is now worthless since we are only stuck with one main event title.
I can see your point, but it's highly unlikely as some of those who you'd expect to be in a Money In The Bank match are obviously already in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal instead.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 7 April 2014, 05:45:47 PM »
The start of WrestleMania (with Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold and The Rock) was the perfect way to kick things off.

Great to see Bryan beat Triple H, though I thought for a moment that he had kicked out just in time.

I honestly never expected this year to be the year that The Undertaker's Streak would end, especially as I wanted it to be to someone who is currently wrestling regularly in the WWE rather than being to Lesnar who has had only a few matches per year since coming back after UFC.

I do think that this means that next year will be The Undertaker entering the WWE Hall Of Fame, and that this may have been his last match.

I never expected AJ to retain her title, as I thought it would end in her being pinned by Tamina to set up a feud between the two of them. Obviously I was wrong.

The Shield dominated and rightfully so, and although I was surprised at it being over so quickly, the double-triple powerbomb was a great finish.

I thought it was great that the crowd chanted "That was creepy!" at one point, and the action itself from Bray Wyatt which prompted the chant, but I was hoping for it to end in Wyatt getting the win.

Due to the obvious comparisons made between The Big Show and Andre The Giant, I had expected Show to be the one to win the Memorial Battle Royal, but obviously it went in a great direction to remind everyone of Hulk Hogan body slamming Andre, by having Cesaro win the match by eliminating him with a body slam over the top rope.

As for the Triple Threat match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship... YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! :D