Author Topic: Smackdown Spoilers - Feb 17, 2012  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Smackdown Spoilers - Feb 17, 2012
« on: 15 February 2012, 02:39:51 PM »
From PWInsider

*Video package on the World title situation and Raw.

*Backstage, Teddy Long informs Randy Orton that he is not fit to compete and will be pulled from the Elimination Chamber.

*Great Khali & Big Show defeated Wade Barrett & WWE Intercontinental champion Cody Rhodes when Show chokeslammed Barrett for the pin.

*Wrestlemania promo.

*Teddy Long is on the phone talking about the Orton situation when Mark Henry walks in and says Long needs him as champion. Big show interrupts and tells teddy long he wants Daniel Bryan tonight. Henry steps up to him and Show clocks him, then destroys the office.

*Teddy Long promo announcing Big Show had been removed from the Arena.

*Hunico defeated Ted DiBiase after Camacho's interference.

*WWE Tag Team champions Epico & Hunico defeated The Usos.

*World champion Daniel Bryan came out and cut a promo saying that he was a real man, unlike Big Show and Randy Orton. He said that he had proven he was a winner and demanded Lilian Garcia announce him the winner by forfeit. Teddy Long came out and announced a replacement for Orton tonight, Sheamus.

Bryan vs. Sheamus. Daniel grabbed the belt and began to walk away, but was leveled by Sheamus, who took control. Bryan got on the top rope and spit in Sheamus' face. Sheamus lost it and went nuts and in the process, shoved the referee and was DQ'd.

*Teddy Long said he would have a Battle Royal to determine who gets Orton's spot in the Elimination Chamber.

*Jinder Mahal defeated Ezekiel Jackson.

*Tamina and Alicia Fox defeated Beth Phoenix and Natalya. Tamina laid out Beth and teased the Superfly Splash but Phoenix rolled out of the ring.

*John Laurinaitis showed up and added David Otunga to the Battle Royal.

*The Battle Royal comes down to Otunga and Santino Marella. Marella wins, so he replaces Orton in the Chamber Sunday.

Santino wins  :knuppel2: explain WWE! No love for Booker T to get in there, he can Cody could take each other out there.Booker T hasn't been in one since the first one in 2002.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: Smackdown Spoilers - Feb 17, 2012
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2012, 04:37:41 PM »
WTF is happening to this show? Santino winning is hilarious but also ludicrous. Like I said in the other thread I don't expect him to start the match but it's still pretty retarded. This show is going off the rails.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2012, 09:23:59 PM »
So is Sheamus' gimmick that he gets roid rage? Like legit question here.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2012, 09:40:52 PM »
I might wanna see how Bryan vs Sheamus turns out, if the match is good, it would be all go for their match at WM, if not, their will be a new World Heavyweight Champion.That match is a pressure tester..

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2012, 09:47:47 PM »
Bryan got on the top rope and spit in Sheamus' face.

He spit on him from the top rope?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2012, 06:50:34 AM »
I think Ted Dibiase or Drew Mcintyre should have won. but i guess they  didn't want Ted in there due to his injury and Drew in there because they wanted another face in the match. i think santino won because they are going to need someone for bryan to eliminate last since i think he'll win it and i don't see him beating show or kahli at all in this and i dont see it coming down to 2 heels. With that said i would have put Gabriel in there over Santino. he could have done more and it would have been huge for him.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 17 February 2012, 07:08:43 PM »
Maybe they just put Santino in there as a joke because there is a plan to have someone else come back, take that spot and win it e.g. Alberto Del Rio returns, wins it then faces Sheamus at WM? Just a thought but would be cool.

If not then I don't mind Santino in there as already have Bryan/Barrett/Rhodes to keep me interested.

This was a pretty shitty show but it is setting up the Chamber so to be expected really. Once the chamber is over the show might pick up as Rhodes/Barrett won't be jobbing to the likes of Big Show/Khali every week.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2012, 09:16:07 PM »
Anyone else really disappointed Christian hasn't came back yet? I surely thought he would be back before the chamber to face sheamus. now sheamus likely won't have a match unless he squashes drew.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #8 on: 18 February 2012, 01:15:40 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised for Christian to return at the PPV for that match, if its going to happen. Sheamus needs something at the PPV though, he's the advert and the winner of the rumble. I agree with Prax that Santino will likely get taken out before the match, although I think Drew or DiBiase should have won the battle royal. This doesn't do anything for Santino, whereas those guys could have got some momentum or a stepping stone to go places. Having said this I was pleased with Drews showing, I seriously hope he gets pushed after the EC; if the MitB returns he should win it imo. I don't know why Rhodes and Barrett have been jobbing these past few weeks, kind of dumb tbh seeing as they both had a lot of momentum around the time of the rumble.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 18 February 2012, 09:37:28 PM »
Shutupa yo face. It's going to be the best Elimination Chambers Match of all the times.