Author Topic: WWE Mayhem & TotalWrestling Acquired by Wrestling Fusion  (Read 10077 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
WWE Mayhem & TotalWrestling Acquired by Wrestling Fusion
« on: 11 January 2011, 11:42:09 AM »
You can view the full announcement by clicking here, but here is the extract of what it means for WWE Mayhem.

Quote from: Wrestling Fusion
What does this mean for members of WWE Mayhem?

First, it means a name change. Not only because we do not wish for it to only appear as catering to WWE fans, but also because we’d like to fully bring it under the Wrestling Fusion branding, and as a result it is now the Wrestling Fusion Forums – though we may shorten this to WF Forums depending upon feedback.

As would be expected with the name change, it also means a change of location. The forums are now located at forums.wrestlingfusion.com .

Another change is a change in software, as the forums are no longer running on vBulletin, but are instead running on SMF – which although it may take getting used to at first, we hope will be a welcome change.

As for Forum Staff, other than the former owners being demoted back to regular members, we have no current plans to change or add to them.

Feel free to use this topic to ask/discuss any of the changes going forward.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
Re: WWE Mayhem & TotalWrestling Acquired by Wrestling Fusion
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2011, 12:18:07 PM »
I like the name change, Wrestling Fusion has a nice ring to it.

I don't really have any questions other than will there be any skins added in the future? Because whilst this one isn't bad, per say; it would be nice to have a variety.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2011, 12:35:54 PM »
Cool cool, so who is the owner of the site now? Will take some getting used to the look of the forum but I'm sure I'll adapt :P.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2011, 12:52:20 PM »
I like the name change, Wrestling Fusion has a nice ring to it.

I don't really have any questions other than will there be any skins added in the future? Because whilst this one isn't bad, per say; it would be nice to have a variety.
There should be no issue doing so - though there may not be as many being made until the forum software has reached 2.0 Final. For currently available ones, please see here (and click on SMF 2.0 RC4) - let us know if there's any you'd like to see, but please note that depending upon modifications it may not be wise to have too many as it may be harder to keep them all compatible.

You can change the skin by going to your Profile and clicking on "Look and Layout", and then at the top there should be the option to change it (the only other ones currently installed are "Curve" and "Core").

who is the owner of the site now?

* Awesome whistles innocently  ;)
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2011, 01:15:35 PM »
Didn't realise there was already a choice, decided to use Core as I like the look of it. Cheers for the reply.

Offline Dale

« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2011, 02:09:56 PM »
Also, you can just use the old mayhem url and it will redirect you here incase you can't remember this one.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2011, 03:10:26 PM »
Didn't realise there was already a choice, decided to use Core as I like the look of it. Cheers for the reply.
There wasn't as I'd originally disabled it - I enabled the ability to choose when I saw you post that  :P

Also, you can just use the old mayhem url and it will redirect you here incase you can't remember this one.
Alternatively, you can bookmark it too ;)

A link to the Forums is now on the main site.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 11 January 2011, 03:19:06 PM »
Absolutely no problems with this, other than the fact that I don't have my own smiley anymore :prax

Looking forward to growing with the new site!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2011, 03:20:38 PM »
Absolutely no problems with this, other than the fact that I don't have my own smiley anymore :prax

Looking forward to growing with the new site!
I'll see about adding it then  ;)

EDIT: Added.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 11 January 2011, 03:54:28 PM »
That's not the right one :(

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #10 on: 11 January 2011, 04:15:21 PM »
This is so good... I really hope this change brings in the memebers and gets us back to the glory days of classic Mayhem :)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 11 January 2011, 04:23:32 PM »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 11 January 2011, 05:01:27 PM »
:prax :mrk :ace :)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #13 on: 11 January 2011, 07:51:29 PM »
Do we get a "New Post" button? or do we have to manually see where there are new post? Because the new post button is pretty much all i use.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #14 on: 11 January 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
Do we get a "New Post" button? or do we have to manually see where there are new post? Because the new post button is pretty much all i use.

Found this at the top of the Core Theme. It's probably around on the default one somewhere.