Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* RAW Discussion: July 9, 2012  (Read 1357 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
*OFFICIAL* RAW Discussion: July 9, 2012
« on: 9 July 2012, 09:12:24 PM »

- Money in the Bank build: AJ/Punk/Bryan, Del Rio/Sheamus and the actual MITB matches.
- Tyson Kidd teased to have a match.
- Possible PTP vs. Kofi/Truth announcement for MITB.
- Mystery Raw GM (definitely going to be the Anon GM)
- Another legend trolls Heath slater, possible spoiler below

F4Wonline.com is reporting Bob Backlund is a very possible choice to return tonight on Raw as the legend who faces Heath Slater.

Reportedly Backlund was visiting his mother in Minnesota and did tell people he was headed to Denver, Colorado which is where Raw is at tonight.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: *OFFICIAL* RAW Discussion: July 9, 2012
« Reply #1 on: 9 July 2012, 10:09:47 PM »
Probably won't be  a great Raw, The go home shows for WWE this year have been shit but im still interested in the MITB PPV.

I wish they would add more people to the WWE MITB Match. Miz and Rey are right there to be added. I just don't like that we are getting the smallest MITB ever. and I'm Hoping ryder makes it to the other MITB because 7 is just such an uneven number.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2012, 09:52:51 AM »
Raw was even worst than i expected.

only decent part was the Bryan/Punk/AJ stuff and even that wasn't that good.

Glad Ziggler got a win but it was really all about Albert. he pinned christian and then made Tyson Kidd his bitch again.

Sheamus Squashed Swagger. Then did his whole bully thing where he hits his finisher on swagger after the match.

Clay Squashed Mcintyre

Throughout the night Santino acted like an idiot and wasn't funny.

The WWE title MITB tag team stuff was pretty boring.

Sin Cara back to botching over Heath Slater was not good.

Bob Backlound making Slater tap was a let down from previous weeks. Never liked him and he didn't even hardly get a crowed reaction.

King vs cole was stupid to have again, i can't believe people voted this in. it had to be fixed right?

Then we have the stupidest most childish segment in recent memory with Santino coming out there and revealing hornswoggle was the anon GM the whole time.  (N)

Then like i said the Punk/AJ/Bryan stuff was decent.

This show was a prime example of how you should not book Raw. Waste of Money, Waste of Talent, Waste of Time. Oh joy i can't wait until this starts going 3 hours... :uglystupid2:

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
I'd just like to say that it's not that I liked Horny being the GM, it's more that I didn't really give a shit. It's been months since they had that storyline going so I'm just glad we got a resolution. What difference would it have made if it was someone badass after all these months, especially considering they dropped it? I did mark when the computer went off at the top of the night though.

I don't understand how Backlund didn't get a reaction, they were chanting "You still got it" before he even got in the ring. Plus the guy's been away for like 20 years, it's a totally reasonable reaction from a crowd that's probably a little younger (or even in their 20s, I only started watching after he retired).

But ya, overall the show was shit.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 10 July 2012, 03:46:13 PM »
Punk Bryan and AJ segments were good, even if they are getting a bit recycled to a degree but I think that will change this Sunday, didn't mind it that much with that in mind and I think they all delivered. Excited with the lack or predictability with this, I think it depends on what they are doing with the MitB. Disappointed that AJ didn't leave with Cole, she could have had all that.

Heath Slater was as usual hilarious, but I didn't like anything that happened to him. First losing to Sin Cara, screw that crap, Slater is a million times better then Cara. Losing to Bob Backlund just looked dumb and stupid, I don't care if he has the second longest reign ever, the guys about 60, has no muscle and looked goofier then Doink, they should have just repeated what they did last week and had Slater beat Backlund then bring out Kevin Nash or something.

Swagger and McIntyre getting squashed was dumb, even though expected. (N)

I thought the MitB tag team match was alright, it went on a bit but it was also fairly fresh and enjoyable, they got the best out of what was in the ring as well. I didn't like the way they basically just made it between Cena and Show come the PPV though, even though Kane obviously wouldn't win, I think Jericho had a chance but they bitched him out a bit and didn't seem to focus on him as much as Cena and Show.

I know others hated the Lawler Cole stuff, but they kept it short and I found Cole funny during the build up to it, still could have buried this but oh well.

Santino segments were bad, but then they capped it off with a horribIe finale to the anonymous GM. I would rather they kept the anonymous GM a secret then give it to that absolute tit. Worst segment in a long time, Cole made it bearable. (N)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 10 July 2012, 05:11:34 PM »
Punk Bryan and AJ segments were good, even if they are getting a bit recycled to a degree

I was going to say this. It's basically the exact same thing they've done for 3 raws now with different circumstances. AJ does something nuts and comes out on top while making it look like she's not into either guy. I like this storyline, but it needs to end on Sunday.

Heath Slater was as usual hilarious, but I didn't like anything that happened to him. First losing to Sin Cara, screw that crap, Slater is a million times better then Cara. Losing to Bob Backlund just looked dumb and stupid, I don't care if he has the second longest reign ever, the guys about 60, has no muscle and looked goofier then Doink, they should have just repeated what they did last week and had Slater beat Backlund then bring out Kevin Nash or something.

The only guy Slater beat in the last year is Doink the Clown, and you want him to beat Sin Cara? I know you all hate him, but come on, there's logic to this.

I know others hated the Lawler Cole stuff, but they kept it short and I found Cole funny during the build up to it, still could have buried this but oh well.

I did find it funny how he lost via airplane spin :P

Also, when did Kane become a face?

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2012, 06:59:24 PM »
The only guy Slater beat in the last year is Doink the Clown, and you want him to beat Sin Cara? I know you all hate him, but come on, there's logic to this.
Slater > Doink > Sin Cara :giggle.

Also, when did Kane become a face?
They seem to do this with Kane all the time lol. The fact he just randomly changed means he won't win.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 10 July 2012, 07:11:42 PM »
Remember a few months ago when Kane and Cena were feuding and Kane wanted Cena to embraces the hate? WWE Doesn't.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2012, 07:17:08 PM »
AJ scared him straight.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 10 July 2012, 08:24:09 PM »

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #10 on: 15 July 2012, 12:48:26 AM »
Not liking all the Bob Backlund hate, I personally think the guy is a complete legend. Anyway FUCK this storyline. CM Punk acts like some nerdy high school virgin who wants to get laid every time he interacts with AJ. It is like a relationship a 15 year old would have and not a grown man. Really hate this story, it had its moments and had potential but has ultimately turned to shit.
Santino/Hornswoggle stuff is just bullshit simple as. The sooner they get a new US champion the better. The sooner they release Hornswoggle the better.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 15 July 2012, 03:17:02 AM »
I personally see Punk's attitude in this feud as just sitting back and watching things unfold cause it's funny to him, but then realizing that he doesn't want AJ to get hurt only that he's getting played. Problem is, that's not Punk. Punk's the "pipebomb" guy, the guy that doesn't hold anything back. It's done a lot of good for AJ and even D-Bry for character development, but it's been detrimental for Punk. The only way they salvage this is if they do a storyline where someone calls him out for going soft since winning the championship, he says he did it because he's the face of the company but then turns back into the punk we had last summer. Man, that would be perfect for a John Cena turn. Fucking WWE.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 15 July 2012, 03:56:22 AM »
1 thing i did like on raw was this quick segment

Maybe they will play up on this a bit with punk? how ever since he won the WWE championship he has not had the spotlight.